• 222(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2016-03-03, 06:39)Matt Devo Wrote: given that the only actual difference (affecting the x86_64 version) between .198 and anything after is the WiFi startup / network delay fix, your best bet is to stick with .198. I'm not going to be chasing issues on OE6 builds since Kodi 15 is now 2 versions back from where development is focused, and fritsch moved on long ago. If it's an issue on these Kodi 17 test builds still, then it's something we can investigate

.198 is working well. I don't have any issues. The Intel drivers provide noticeable improvements in picture quality, but, going forward, please be aware that a programmable KODI startup delay is required for both wired as well as wireless connections. I struggled with missing NAS shares for almost a year before discovering the startup delay that fixed the problem.

Are there any Kodi 17 builds available for testing? The only thing that I found is a KODI 16 Beta: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...6.94.2.tar
(2016-03-03, 07:15)n2vwz Wrote: .198 is working well. I don't have any issues. The Intel drivers provide noticeable improvements in picture quality, but, going forward, please be aware that a programmable KODI startup delay is required for both wired as well as wireless connections. I struggled with missing NAS shares for almost a year before discovering the startup delay that fixed the problem.

Are there any Kodi 17 builds available for testing? The only thing that I found is a KODI 16 Beta: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...6.94.2.tar

I'm not understanding what you need a startup delay for, if not to wait for the network to come online. How are you mounting these NAS shares that they aren't available automatically once Kodi is started? The 'wait for network' delay setting isn't designed to wait a set amount of time without condition; if that's what you need (which I'm not understanding why you do) then there's likely a more appropriate way to implement that.

also, there are Kodi 17 builds by fritsch in the 2nd post of this thread, and also in Milhouse's testing thread (also stickied in this forum).
(2016-03-03, 07:19)Matt Devo Wrote: I'm not understanding what you need a startup delay for, if not to wait for the network to come online. How are you mounting these NAS shares that they aren't available automatically once Kodi is started? The 'wait for network' delay setting isn't designed to wait a set amount of time without condition; if that's what you need (which I'm not understanding why you do) then there's likely a more appropriate way to implement that.

also, there are Kodi 17 builds by fritsch in the 2nd post of this thread, and also in Milhouse's testing thread (also stickied in this forum).

The problem that I was having is that my NAS SMB shares were not present on KODI startup. By navigating on the main Confluence menu to Video/Files, I would click on a programmed File Menu item and I would get a pop-up message stating that the connection was not found. The SMB shares would usually appear on their own after several minutes of waiting, but not always. It was acting like KODI was trying to establish a SMB share connection before the OpenElec network connection was fully established. I found that by adding a 2 second KODI startup delay, the SMB share was available immediately without the several minutes of waiting.

My network connection is wired using a static IP address. I also have NFS networking available, but haven't played with it.
(2016-03-03, 07:47)n2vwz Wrote: The problem that I was having is that my NAS SMB shares were not present on KODI startup. By navigating on the main Confluence menu to Video/Files, I would click on a programmed File Menu item and I would get a pop-up message stating that the connection was not found. The SMB shares would usually appear on their own after several minutes of waiting, but not always. It was acting like KODI was trying to establish a SMB share connection before the OpenElec network connection was fully established. I found that by adding a 2 second KODI startup delay, the SMB share was available immediately without the several minutes of waiting.

My network connection is wired using a static IP address. I also have NFS networking available, but haven't played with it.

I'd just add a ~2s delay using an autostart script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 2
(2016-03-03, 07:52)Matt Devo Wrote: I'd just add a ~2s delay using an autostart script:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 2

I will play with this. Does the script get wiped out when I do a firmware/software update?
(2016-03-03, 08:02)n2vwz Wrote: I will play with this. Does the script get wiped out when I do a firmware/software update?

no, only if you do a fresh install (or hard reset) of OE, which would erase any/all userdata. firmware updates don't touch anything on disk.
(2016-03-03, 08:04)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 08:02)n2vwz Wrote: I will play with this. Does the script get wiped out when I do a firmware/software update?

no, only if you do a fresh install (or hard reset) of OE, which would erase any/all userdata. firmware updates don't touch anything on disk.

Thanks
(2016-03-03, 01:40)Roby77 Wrote: Try using Custom EDID guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config...#tab=Intel

talking about it ...is there a command via ssh to check that edid is correctly loaded ? like xrandr --prop or verbos to check video output

(i'm sure that is loaded correctly cause dts-hd and true hd in audio settings are available even if amp is not switched on before htpc.....just curious)

The logfiles from post 2 will have it, especially dmesg | pastebinit
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here on baytrail also blank screen(on the last 2 builds, only mouse is visable.

Will post log but must first enable deug somehow.

kodi.log: http://sprunge.us/ZNAD

dmesg: http://sprunge.us/jDFF
Connect 55 UHD SL4xx / Onkyo TX-SR444 / Intel Apollo Lake  / Ziggo Mediabox XL / 2x upc ci+ nagravision module / using dvb-c and dvb-s(19,2/23,5/28.2)
(2016-03-03, 11:03)Devil-Strike Wrote: Will post log but must first enable deug somehow.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#loglevel
Beebox N3150 - LibreELEC 7.90.009 | Synology DS212+ NAS 6TB
Panasonic DMP-BD65 bluray | Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR - Kef KHT3005SE 5.1 speakers | Optoma HD87 projector - Exclusiv-Home 2.8m 16:9 screen
Hello ,
I've run Isengard OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.98-fritsch on my NUC until now and I'd like to move to Kodi 17 .
Is it possible to upgrade with the latest tar (OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0-devel-20160229202719-r22114-gd343af8.tar) , or I need to reinstall this completely ?
I've tried to put this in /storage/.update but kodi failed to start after that so I've downgraded back to 15.2.
crash log http://sprunge.us/PYbZ
Thanks
Update :
version OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0-devel-20160227073602-r22110-g86de28b.tar upgraded well .
With last 2 versions(Feb 28,29) I'm getting black screen with mouse pointer only...
I currently ran into issues with connman and did not have yet the time to dig deeper, some includes from the kernel changed. I will remove those two builds during end of the week - if time permits.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch: i have maybe a problem and i cannot figure it out: i have many skipped frames.(codec info) during a movie up to 7000. my screen is set to 1080i50 and most videos are also 1080i50 but sometime 720p50. i have all your prefered setting set. scale factor 20% and deinterlacer is auto. but even if it is disabled or scale factor 100% it is the same. xrandr shows that i have the right refresh rate: 1080i 50.00. when i switch my tv to 720p50 there is no difference. i have also enabled debug log but there is no information about skipped frames. my cpu is still braswell n3150. i can also see some skips on screen.

do you have any clou?
No, no clue - but perhaps your logfiles tell something? :-)
  • 222(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18