Linux EPG Problems / Freezing
Finally got my system back up and running but I am having problems with the EPG window. Not sure if this is caused by the update from Kodi 15RC2 to final version or the new TVheadend end Front end (2.1.16) which was updated at the same time.

The program guide window (EPG) no longer automatically shows the programs being broadcast at the current time (where the white vertical line shows actual time) but instead the programs from whenever I last chose a program. Eg if I choose a program at 5pm and watch for 4 hours and then choose EPG again it shows the tv guide for 5pm and I have to scroll right to get to current TV shows at 9pm. I never had to do this before.

Secondly and more worryingly I seem to have a random freeze of the system on displaying the EPG if I choose it relatively soon after the system boots up. Roughly 50% of the time the EPG will show fine, 50% it will freeze the screen and I usually have to reset the computer to gain control. (Once I managed to regain control after choosing back a couple of times and waiting about 2 minutes). This only seems to happen in the first few minutes of starting the system, if I leave it 3 or 4 minutes first its ok. I assume its something running or updating thats causing it but I cannot see anything different than before from the log. Choosing the Live TV window instead causes no problems and channels can be played. Just EPG guide that freezes.

I haven't updated the skin and its the same version I was using flawlessly before.
1) the PVR windows remember your last selection instead of always jumping to the channel/item being played right now. If you previously scrolled far into the future on the timeline and want to go back to "now", just right-click somewhere and do that.

2) the timeline window will indeed appear frozen for a while if you open it before the EPG has been synced completely on startup. There is not that much you can do about it for now except maybe decreasing the number of days to keep EPG data for.
(2015-07-28, 19:00)negge Wrote: 1) the PVR windows remember your last selection instead of always jumping to the channel/item being played right now. If you previously scrolled far into the future on the timeline and want to go back to "now", just right-click somewhere and do that.

But how come the change, it never used to? In fact it was sometimes too much the other way and when viewing the EPG it would sometimes shift focus back to the current time and channel too quickly when perusing other upcoming shows.

(2015-07-28, 19:00)negge Wrote: 2) the timeline window will indeed appear frozen for a while if you open it before the EPG has been synced completely on startup. There is not that much you can do about it for now except maybe decreasing the number of days to keep EPG data for.

But again. it never used to? It seems a bit of a step backwards? The actual importing EPG dialogue box disappear instantly as it always did and we are talking of literally five minutes after switching the tv/htpc on before you can select EPG to choose a show. Doesn't help the WAF factor!
I would also like to know the design motivation for not tracking the time in the EPG. It's not user friendly at all and I assumed it was a bug. I have never seen this behaviour on other decoders or TV software. An option to restore the old behaviour would be very welcome.

edit:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7656
Smile
I came here to say that I realize now that this was a change in behavior and that a fix is on the way, but apparently Frank beat me to it Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Problems / Freezing0