Kodi 15 Isengard not reading Ogg Opus files Tags
Im trying to add some music folders with Ogg Opus files on them, they are properly tagged, (i can see the correct tag info on foobar 2000 and MP3Tag), when i try to import new audio content in kodi it just doesnt read the tag because nothing was added to the music library its just like those files dont exist, when i try to play an opus file from that folder but now going directly to them it plays without a problem but if i choose to see file info no tag is displayed, that same file tag info displays ok in other software, maybe isengard 15 isnt compatible with Ogg Opus file tag info yet?
Please, does anybody knows if kodi isengard is able to read vorbiscomment tags from Ogg Opus audio files...i can't add my audio collection to music library because no information is read from my opus music files
Waiting for an expert to come along instead of me.....

Isenguard definitely handles vorbis comments from FLAC files. Kodi uses file extensions to determine what kind of tags to process, so how are these Opus files named? Are they .ogg?
(2015-08-09, 20:45)DaveBlake Wrote: Waiting for an expert to come along instead of me.....

Isenguard definitely handles vorbis comments from FLAC files. Kodi uses file extensions to determine what kind of tags to process, so how are these Opus files named? Are they .ogg?

They have .opus extension, and for me it's the best lossy audio format size/quality (specially at 512kbps) to ever been on this planet besides lossless audio, it supports vorbiscomments like flac but it just can't work on opus files in Isengard, other vorbiscomment info in flac files display correctly in Isengard.
(2015-08-09, 21:28)DigiTech Wrote: They have .opus extension, and for me it's the best lossy audio format size/quality (specially at 512kbps) to ever been on this planet besides lossless audio, it supports vorbiscomments like flac but it just can't work on opus files in Isengard, other vorbiscomment info in flac files display correctly in Isengard.
Unfortunately looking at the code the tag loader does not recognise .opus, even though it sounds like other parts of Kodi do know how to decode and play that kind of file. You could try changing the file extension to .ogg, although I have no idea if this will mess up something else. Otherwise addition of .opus to the tag loader should be a simple patch.
if the taglib we use could could handle it could possible just a simple one yes.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-08-10, 08:28)Martijn Wrote: if the taglib we use could could handle it could possible just a simple one yes.

thanks a lot, so Martinj any advice how can i enjoy my opus collection in Kodi, im not an advanced user but if i have to add something to kodi files i'd do it
Try to build kodi against the latest libtag master branch. At least make sure this commit: https://github.com/taglib/taglib/commit/...8e22e01c81 is integrated.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thanks fritsch but sorry for my novice knowledge, how can i add or build the latest libtag master branch to Kodi Isengard 15.0 latest official release, sorry again for my lack of habilities to do what you ask
any hope that this can be fixed by a patch or in future kodi versions...
No, sorry. When a new libtag version is out - we will take that. For now only bugfixes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Did the commit make it to Kodi 16?
I built Kodi 16.0 (beta) using the last version of LibTag (1.10) but is still not possible to read opus tag. Seems is not enough to use the last version of libtag, maybe also some patch on the Kodi code is required?

Do you have any plan?

Thanks
(2016-01-07, 19:13)protomucca Wrote: I built Kodi 16.0 (beta) using the last version of LibTag (1.10) but is still not possible to read opus tag. Seems is not enough to use the last version of libtag, maybe also some patch on the Kodi code is required?

Do you have any plan?

Thanks

Had a quick look, and yes Kodi code needs some additions to be able to process Opus tags.

It is too big a change to happen in Jarvis at Beta stage. As for plans it is about finding a volunteer.... Sorry I have a long list of other work, so this is not a priority for me. Can I suggest that you create a thread in the feature request forum, someone else might spot it. Label it clearly as music and I might get back to it. Too much work, not enough devs!
Ok, thanks for your answer. I will open a new thread on request forum. Unfortunately I'm not a good programmer, otherwise I would given my support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15 Isengard not reading Ogg Opus files Tags1