• 14(current)
Release skin helper service
@marcelveldt - wondering if there is a way to integrate the colour picker with skinshortcuts? I want to use the color picker to set a custom color property on individual menu items (can't figure out any way to use it with id="404"). Would be perfect for Eminence v2.

These two scripts really are something else! Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I did It with My skin, I will show you the code if needed...
You will need two buttons:
- hidden button with id 404
- The visible control "Choose Color" that will launch your color picker, and then in the OK button - set the property, and sendclick to 404 button
Read the readme in the skinshortcuts script, I followed the instruction there and it worked for me.

btw, I saw in other thread that you want to apply different background color for menus, and you will need to colordiffuse the itemlayout menus in different colors - which is not possible AFAIK I asked for it earlier in this forum - but no solution for now... If you have any idea how to solve it, please share.
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-09-09, 16:03)tomer953 Wrote: I did It with My skin, I will show you the code if needed...
You will need two buttons:
- hidden button with id 404
- The visible control "Choose Color" that will launch your color picker, and then in the OK button - set the property, and sendclick to 404 button
Read the readme in the skinshortcuts script, I followed the instruction there and it worked for me.

btw, I saw in other thread that you want to apply different background color for menus, and you will need to colordiffuse the itemlayout menus in different colors - which is not possible AFAIK I asked for it earlier in this forum - but no solution for now... If you have any idea how to solve it, please share.

I know how to do it by making my own colour picker. However, I want to use the colour picker that this script provides - I want users to be able to add colours to the extras/colors/colors.xml file and have it be consistent. Also, itemlayout isn't a problem for me as I only use the colour for the focused item.

One way around the itemlayout problem would be to use a hidden list and then have a grouplist of buttons that pull info from the hidden list. Then set <texturenofocus colordiffuse="$INFO[Container(id).ListItem(#).Property(color)]">
(2015-09-09, 12:55)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-08, 18:11)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi, Marcel
I started with BobCratchett to use your skinshortcuts integration. Great Job on this !
Just one question, is there a way to get the Title or infolabels of the backgrounds provided by the script ?

Thanks

You mean for the background that is currently visible ?
Or just the label of the background type like "In progress Movies" ?

I guess you mean the first one... Hmmm, Currently I have only stored the actual images in the cache in the sane of speed.
Offcourse I can extend this and add some more props. What is is you're looking for ?

Hi Marcel, yes, the first one. In fact I wanted to add at least the Title on the fanart, because it's confusing when not matching the widget Title. Just an aesthetical / logical display request ... Not that much important. Wink
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-09-09, 15:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: @marcelveldt - wondering if there is a way to integrate the colour picker with skinshortcuts? I want to use the color picker to set a custom color property on individual menu items (can't figure out any way to use it with id="404"). Would be perfect for Eminence v2.

Yep, will add it tomorrow
Excellent Smile
Hi Marcel,

Can I request two more things concerning the backup.
Do you think it's possible to add an option to the import feature adding a zip file target as an option ?
I tried to make the designer the easiest to use but not everybody get it the first time or just don't want to bother building all the views.
Also, witing manually all the strings is a long job so I would like to add buttons to apply a zip without having to browse for the file like "Apply default PVR style" or Apply default Fullscreen style".
Could also be really usefull for startup.

And finally, for the backup feature, the possibility for the user to type is own name for the zip by adding a prompt option in the code line ?

Thanks Smile
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.Director)

edit: can we have one for single film? [CR] delimited list

Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.Movie.Director)

edit: please Smile
(2015-09-09, 20:49)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Marcel, yes, the first one. In fact I wanted to add at least the Title on the fanart, because it's confusing when not matching the widget Title. Just an aesthetical / logical display request ... Not that much important. Wink

I'll add it to my todo list as it isn't a quick fix because of all the caching involved. Will pick it up when I have some spare time.
(2015-09-09, 15:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: @marcelveldt - wondering if there is a way to integrate the colour picker with skinshortcuts? I want to use the color picker to set a custom color property on individual menu items (can't figure out any way to use it with id="404"). Would be perfect for Eminence v2.

Done, now available on Git.

If you want to use the color picker to store the color in a shortcut-property from the skinshortcuts script,
include a button in your script-skinshortcuts.xml with this onclick-action:

RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,shortcutproperty=XXX)
(2015-09-10, 14:24)Jayz2K Wrote: Can I request two more things concerning the backup.
Do you think it's possible to add an option to the import feature adding a zip file target as an option ?
I tried to make the designer the easiest to use but not everybody get it the first time or just don't want to bother building all the views.
Also, witing manually all the strings is a long job so I would like to add buttons to apply a zip without having to browse for the file like "Apply default PVR style" or Apply default Fullscreen style".
Could also be really usefull for startup.

And finally, for the backup feature, the possibility for the user to type is own name for the zip by adding a prompt option in the code line ?

Thanks Smile

Both requests are now added to the code, available on Git.
I didn't really test it so please do so ;-)
(2015-09-10, 16:55)badaas Wrote: Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.Director)

edit: can we have one for single film? [CR] delimited list

Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.Movie.Director)

edit: please Smile

Added on Git:

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDirectors) --> Will return all directors of the current listitem seperated by [CR]
Will work for both movies and moviesets (and other media that have a director)
(2015-09-11, 01:24)marcelveldt Wrote: If you want to use the color picker to store the color in a shortcut-property from the skinshortcuts script,
include a button in your script-skinshortcuts.xml with this onclick-action:

RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,shortcutproperty=XXX)

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? It doesn't seem to be working (on Isengard if that matters). Here's my button in skinshortcuts:
Code:
<control type="button" id="9701" description="Select Color">
  <width>100%</width>
  <label>Select color</label>
  <onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,shortcutproperty=tilecolor)</onclick>
  <include>Defs_OptionButton</include>
</control>

I put <label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(tilecolor)]</label> in a label control to test and it doesn't seem to be set.

Nothing really seems to be in the log either:
Code:
11:00:58 T:139994894674112   DEBUG: OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
11:00:58 T:139993511094016   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Setting custom property (404)
11:00:59 T:139994894674112   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (/home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/skin.eminence.2/16x9/script-skin_helper_service-ColorPicker.xml) ------
11:00:59 T:139991699334912    INFO: CPythonInvoker(55, /home/mergeandvary/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/default.py): script successfully run
11:00:59 T:139991699334912    INFO: Python script stopped
11:00:59 T:139991699334912   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 139991699334912 terminating
11:00:59 T:139993511094016   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Setting custom property (404)
(2015-09-11, 03:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? It doesn't seem to be working (on Isengard if that matters). Here's my button in skinshortcuts:
Code:
  <width>100%</width>
  <onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,shortcutproperty=tilecolor)</onclick>
</control>

I put <label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(tilecolor)]</label> in a label control to test and it doesn't seem to be set.

Your code is just fine. Actually your log even indicates it has set the property.
If you open script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml after it has been built, can you see the property been added ?
(2015-09-11, 09:32)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 03:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? It doesn't seem to be working (on Isengard if that matters). Here's my button in skinshortcuts:
Code:
  <width>100%</width>
</control>

Your code is just fine. Actually your log even indicates it has set the property.
If you open script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml after it has been built, can you see the property been added ?
No can't see it being set in there.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18