• 30(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-10-05, 16:20)marcelveldt Wrote: I don't think it is related to that as that code is perfectly fine ;-). Must be a typo in the skin code.
Well, I admit I had to stare at it for a while too, but then you notice a missing ")" at the end:
Code:
<visible>Container.Content(episodes) +
[!Substring(Container.FolderPath,videodb://tvshows/titles,left) |
Substring(Container.FolderPath,xsp=)] +
[[!IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + !StringCompare(ListItem.DBID,-1)] |
!IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(DBID)]</visible>
                               /\
                               ||
                               ||
      missing parenthesis here //
(2015-10-05, 17:32)guido1138 Wrote: Well, I admit I had to stare at it for a while too, but then you notice a missing ")" at the end:

oops! haha :-) Now fixed, thanks!
Did you changed something for the nextepisodes widget?
It's showing the same tvshow.. Multiple episodes for the same one..
check it out in your system plz
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Hi Marcel,

I having been compiling a list of the type and target property assigned to each widget. This is so I can better understand how I should set my visibility condition to limit artwork choices for each widget.

A few things I noticed;

Favourite Episodes - target="unknown"
Favourite Media - type="unknown"
My TV Shows Airing Today - type="movies"
Upcoming Movies (Rotten Tomatoes) - type="unknown"
Upcoming Movies (TMDB) - type="unknown"
Opening Movies (Rotten Tomatoes) - type="unknown"
User-Created Lists (TMDB) - type="unknown"
In Cinema Movies (Rotten Tomatoes) - type="unknown"

Also I do have a query related to two of the widget property's I am looking at.
We have widget="addon, source, library, playlists ect"
Then type="movies, episodes, albums ect"

As I understand these property's are used to help set visibility conditions in the skin.

For the type its quite self explanatory and suits the purpose.

For the widget, I do find it difficult to make use of it in visibility conditions. For example the library data provider is an addon. The widget property is set to 'addon'. So within the widget list there are around 15 selectable widgets using library data providor. The addon library data provider is getting its information from the library. So to me it would make more sense if the widget property was set to 'library' as that is where the data comes from for the widget.

I could then use a visibility condition such as;
Code:
<property property="widgetArt" condition="StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widget),library) + StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetType),movies)">ClearArt</property>
So when a movie widget from the library is selected you then see an option to select clearArt.

In its current state I need to do something like this;
Code:
<property property="widgetArt" condition="StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetType),movies) + !SubString(Container(211).ListItem.Property(widgetPath),extendedinfo)">ClearArt</property>
I find this a bit messy as I have noticed some addons have there type set as movies. So in that case the option to select clearart will show in the list and the end user can select it when no art is available.

What I am suggesting is it possible to set the widget property to where the information is taken from.

I have compiled a list of every property that each widget sets. If its any help I can post a link to my excel worksheet including my suggested changes.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2015-10-05, 16:21)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 15:49)im85288 Wrote: [quote='marcelveldt' pid='2121932' dateline='1443833249']
Sorry this is still not working for me, I checked the code and noticed the following

Code:
path="plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=launch&path=" + url

However looking into default.py I cannot see a "Launch" action defined. Could it be that this was not synced?

It's working fine for me.... How are you testing it ?
BTW: that launch action isn't in default.py but in plugin.py ;-)

Just normally by having the cast in a list and pressing select on them...I will try again tonight and see if I can debug a bit further. Thanks
(2015-10-06, 06:36)Mr. V Wrote: For the widget, I do find it difficult to make use of it in visibility conditions. For example the library data provider is an addon and that is what is set for the widget property. So within the widget list there are around 15 selectable widgets using this addon. The addon library data provider is getting its information from the library. So to me it would make more sense if the widget property was set to library as that is where the data comes from for the widget.

Thanks for your list, I will update the code to improve the content detection.

Setting the widget type property to library is not very usefull because you will have to know what content you're skinning against, for exampe movies, episodes etc.
Just setting it to library won't tell you a thing about the content because it can be anything...

The whole idea for the type property is to help skinners a bit with determining the content type in their widget but you can't fully rely on it ever, there will always be addons that don't follow the normal guidelines and set the contenttype wrong or just provide something non standard.
(2015-10-06, 06:36)Mr. V Wrote: What I am suggesting is it possible to set the widget property to where the information is taken from.

That would be possible... Like the name of the addon for example ?
And library if the data was parsed from the library ?
(2015-10-06, 12:56)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 06:36)Mr. V Wrote: What I am suggesting is it possible to set the widget property to where the information is taken from.

That would be possible... Like the name of the addon for example ?
And library if the data was parsed from the library ?

Cheers Marcel.

That exactly it.

In version 2 of the widgets for Nox Silvo, I premade a list with certain codes so I could get around this. I found it worked quite well.
When a user selected a widget the number was written to the guisettings.xml associated with the menu item. This what I used
Code:
<!-- WidgetType: -->
                    <!-- 1: Movie    -->
                    <!-- 2: Music Albums    -->
                    <!-- 3: Weather  -->
                    <!-- 4: TV Series -->
                    <!-- 5: Music Videos -->
                    <!-- 7: Picture Addons -->
                    <!-- 8: Addons -->
                    <!-- 9: Music Songs -->
                    <!-- 20: Video Playlist -->
                    <!-- 21: Music Playlist -->
                    <!-- 40: Rotten Tomatoes - Extended Info -->
                    <!-- 41: The MovieDB - Movie - Extended Info -->
                    <!-- 42: Trakt.It - Trending Movies - Extended Info -->
                    <!-- 43: Trakt.It - Trending Shows - Extended Info -->
                    <!-- 44: The MovieDB - TV Shows - Extended Info -->
                    <!-- 45: LastFM - Near Events - Extended Info -->
                    <!-- 47: Daily Babe/s - Extended Info -->

I'm sure with a few name changes for the widget property it will make thing much nicer for visibility conditions.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Hi Marcel,

I'm facing many infolables missing in the TV widget (Like ListItem.NextTiltle, NextStartTime, etc.)
Just my 2 cent but why not just passing the target and content to skinshortcuts like :

Code:
<content target="">pvr://channels/tv/1/;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]</content>

I was using this before and can of course still use it but it duplicates the widgets for TV.
The vfs path above returns all the infolabels like the in MyPVRChannels.xml. This shoul also avoid you to search for fixes.

Cheers
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-10-06, 13:47)Jayz2K Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I'm facing many infolables missing in the TV widget (Like ListItem.NextTiltle, NextStartTime, etc.)
Just my 2 cent but why not just passing the target and content to skinshortcuts like :

Code:
<content target="">pvr://channels/tv/1/;reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]</content>

I was using this before and can of course still use it but it duplicates the widgets for TV.
The vfs path above returns all the infolabels like the in MyPVRChannels.xml. This shoul also avoid you to search for fixes.

Cheers

That's still possible, in fact it's the faster/better solution... You will not have live thumbs with that approach...
(2015-10-06, 13:49)marcelveldt Wrote: That's still possible, in fact it's the faster/better solution... You will not have live thumbs with that approach...

Hmm, right, didn't think about that. But can't we use Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.xxartxx) the same way ?

Hi Marcel,

Hopefully this might be some help. Its what I had in mind.

http://1drv.ms/1FRtmsB

Edit: Another thing I forgot to mention for version 2 of the widgets was when a user selected a widget an additional property was set.
Code:
    <onclick>Skin.SetString($INFO[Container(9000).ListItem.Property(Item),,HomeItem.WidgetAllowedArt],_PP_FA_LS_CL_CA_BA_DA_)</onclick>

Each Code PP,FA ect was for a particular artwork type. I then used a Substring in the visibility condition for the Artwork Type.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2015-10-06, 13:58)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 13:49)marcelveldt Wrote: That's still possible, in fact it's the faster/better solution... You will not have live thumbs with that approach...

Hmm, right, didn't think about that. But can't we use Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.PVR.xxartxx) the same way ?
Yes, you can but only for the selected listitem...
See the readme, you must set the ID of your widgetcontainer in a window prop

BTW: Are you only missing the next info labels? I can take a look if I can add them to the "enhanced" pvr widgets...
(2015-10-06, 14:31)marcelveldt Wrote: BTW: Are you only missing the next info labels? I can take a look if I can add them to the "enhanced" pvr widgets...

Well, yes, at this time, I only see the "Next" infolabels. Hope this won't be too much with NextStartTime / NextEndTime since time issue is now solved Wink

Are you able to usr fanart api to get pvr logos and poster and clearart and stuff. So pvr can look like movies and tv shows
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18