• 58(current)
Release skin helper service
Here's another set of colors for the color picker. I needed darker colors for my background, but instead of adding another row I switched to a smaller set of colors. Also speeds up the loading of the textures, I don't notice any delay even on first run.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.arct...ras/colors
(2015-11-06, 10:15)braz Wrote: Here's another set of colors for the color picker. I needed darker colors for my background, but instead of adding another row I switched to a smaller set of colors. Also speeds up the loading of the textures, I don't notice any delay even on first run.

AhAh Laugh Like this one, thanks for sharing braz, great job !
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-06, 10:15)braz Wrote: Here's another set of colors for the color picker. I needed darker colors for my background, but instead of adding another row I switched to a smaller set of colors. Also speeds up the loading of the textures, I don't notice any delay even on first run.

This one is very classy but for ome users maybe not enough colors ?

Idea that just popped into my head: Maybe it's a good thing if you can have multiple color profiles/schemes.
So you can have multiple color.xml files and select from one ?

For example "blue tints" will show all blue related colors etc

Something I should consider coding or not that great idea ?
(2015-11-06, 10:28)marcelveldt Wrote: Idea that just popped into my head: Maybe it's a good thing if you can have multiple color profiles/schemes.

You're reading my mind ? Cool

EDIT : With the ability to set a default one at first skin launch ? Or a bool for default ?
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-11-06, 10:28)marcelveldt Wrote: This one is very classy but for ome users maybe not enough colors ?

Idea that just popped into my head: Maybe it's a good thing if you can have multiple color profiles/schemes.

Might be difficult to display properly if you have one container size and varying numbers of colors in each color.xml?

I like the looks of the color table with 500+ colors, but for my purposes the smaller color table (~100 colors) has all of the ones I need. Like you say though, some will likely want more.

Would it be possible to pass the header label to the script when calling the color picker? Something like...

Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,skinstring=highlight,label="Header label")

I work around this with a variable that displays the appropriate header label based on a skin setting.

Thanks again for the script, it opens up so many opportunities.
(2015-11-06, 09:31)adis007 Wrote: HI Marcelveldt

I wanted to change my view of IPTV simple client by following links here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238015

and they refer to this thread.

are you able to make some video tutorial please?

All of the information needed is in the readme linked in the first post.
Hi im85288

i am absolutelly lost in all those commands I need to update inside .xml files.
Will be more than helpfull if someone could do something like HOW-TO video guide. We as a non programer people do not have chance to follow up on many of these threads.
I konw that this might be a video of 20=30 minutes but any first steps would be more than helpfull

thank you for understanding
(2015-11-06, 13:45)adis007 Wrote: Hi im85288

i am absolutelly lost in all those commands I need to update inside .xml files.
Will be more than helpfull if someone could do something like HOW-TO video guide. We as a non programer people do not have chance to follow up on many of these threads.
I konw that this might be a video of 20=30 minutes but any first steps would be more than helpfull

thank you for understanding

I think you better install (or wait for) a skin that has this already implemented or a prebuilt mod.
This is not likely something you want to do yourself if you don't have any experience developing skins.

At the moment there are a number of (WIP) skins that already support the PVR artwork feature.
marcelveldt

I managed to instal aeon MQ6 but as I saw here there is no info about when will be published inside KODI. Also I am not sure if this skin helper is already inside ( I have 2.4.0 version).
Could you send me message?
Hi Marcel.

Would it be possible to add these info labels:

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemAudioStreams.Count)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemLanguages.Count)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemSubtitles.Count)

And also
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RecentMusicBackground)

Thanks so much in advance! Smile

Cheers
Gade
(2015-11-06, 10:41)braz Wrote: Might be difficult to display properly if you have one container size and varying numbers of colors in each color.xml?

I like the looks of the color table with 500+ colors, but for my purposes the smaller color table (~100 colors) has all of the ones I need. Like you say though, some will likely want more.

Would it be possible to pass the header label to the script when calling the color picker? Something like...

Code:
RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,skinstring=highlight,label="Header label")

I work around this with a variable that displays the appropriate header label based on a skin setting.

Thanks again for the script, it opens up so many opportunities.

I think I've found a solution for that ;-)

I have just added support for multiple color palettes to the script. You can specify multiple color palettes, open the picker with a specific palette and have a different itemlayout for each palette. Off course it's backwards compatible with the old method.
As a start I included the 2 color palettes created by you by default in the picker so now you can switch between those two.
Have a look at the updated readme how this stuff works, it's pretty cool.

Also I have added a header= parameter to define the header label yourself. Make sure to give the header label the ID 1.
the new splash screen option is working awesome! especially when choosing mp4 files. thanks for that.
Finally I can use this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1921025
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2015-11-06, 22:04)tomer953 Wrote: the new splash screen option is working awesome! especially when choosing mp4 files. thanks for that.

Finally I can use this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1921025

Oh yeah, forgot to mention [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] added a splash screen feature...
(2015-11-06, 21:06)marcelveldt Wrote: I think I've found a solution for that ;-)

I have just added support for multiple color palettes to the script. You can specify multiple color palettes, open the picker with a specific palette and have a different itemlayout for each palette. Off course it's backwards compatible with the old method.
As a start I included the 2 color palettes created by you by default in the picker so now you can switch between those two.
Have a look at the updated readme how this stuff works, it's pretty cool.

Also I have added a header= parameter to define the header label yourself. Make sure to give the header label the ID 1.
Sounds cool, will check it out when I finish what I'm working on. Wink

Update: Just tested the new method to pass the header label, works great! Also removed my custom skin/colors to test the default layouts, very impressive. Thanks again, I can't believe I waited so long to try this script out. Smile
Marcel, I don't know if that is really true, but two users said that since one of the latest update,
The backup option is getting Access denied.
23:18:31 T:3700 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> ERROR while creating backup ! --> Problem creating file in destination folder
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18