• 80(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-01-09, 12:58)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, SkinHelper.PicturesBackground.Wall.0 is not working.. I set the strings needed like all the rest, and that one not showing fanarts.
I think the PVR wall is also broken.

Should be fixed on latest Git. I will bump the version later today.
(2016-01-09, 20:28)Solo0815 Wrote: If this function gives a unixtime for a ListItem, then the Reminder can easily compare it to the actual systemtime (in unixtime also)
Thx again!

I was just thinking on this and thought why not use ListItem.Date ? That will return you the both combined as I recall ?
If not, in what format would you like it to be ? The real unix timestamp like " 915 148 799.00 " ?
Isn;t that something that can be batter be handled by that pvr reminder addon itself or am I missing something ?
(2016-01-12, 11:50)Mike_Doc Wrote: Have you had the chance to look into this, still broken for me after the latest repo update?

Can you please check with latest Git version ? I just tried to reproduce but it's working fine.
Could be that I fixed this last week while optimizing the music artwork stuff
(2016-01-13, 13:35)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-01-12, 11:50)Mike_Doc Wrote: Have you had the chance to look into this, still broken for me after the latest repo update?

Can you please check with latest Git version ? I just tried to reproduce but it's working fine.
Could be that I fixed this last week while optimizing the music artwork stuff

Yup, sorted in GIT, thanks Marcel.

Marcel, question on the view selector, I have views that can do movies and music and I was wondering could there be anyway to show a correct image from viewthumbs depending on the content? at the moment I have a jpg for movies which displays when the view selector is listing music views.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hi Marcel,

Happy new year mate Wink

Just found that in your doc :

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...in-setting

This script improves so fast there something new almost everyday Big Grin !!!

That could make me save a large amount of code but have a question in order for this to work correctly in my designer.
So my question is :

I have many settings (skin.strings) in KOver Designer and that could fit perfectly showing a select dialog instead of looping onclicks, however, I could be stuck in some cases when a skin.string has a certain value, it also writes other skin.strings to create a scenario like :

Set A -> Write value X in A
Set B -> Write value X in B AND value Y in A

Is this something possible ? Assuming it can write more than 2 values (sometimes 5 or 6) ?

Thanks
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-01-13, 23:36)Jayz2K Wrote: Set A -> Write value X in A
Set B -> Write value X in B AND value Y in A

Is this something possible ? Assuming it can write more than 2 values (sometimes 5 or 6) ?

happy new year Wink

Actually, I ran into this request myself while I was implementing this new skinsettings feature into Titan. At some point I have to set or reset another skin setting if one selection is made.

Just thinking out loud here but I think the best solution would be if I add an optional "optionalcommands" property to the xml value.
That will allow you so set any kodi action that needs to be executed when a user selects a specific option value.
Maybe even set muliple command by using a | delimiter.

For example:

<setting id="mediaflagsstyle" value="textbased - full info" label="Textbased - Full Info" condition="" icon="special://skin/extras/viewthumbs/flags_text.jpg" description="" default="true" optionalcommands="Skin.Reset(osdmediaflagsstyle)"/>

Would that work for you ?

Oh, did I already mention the default property in the docs ? That will set the value correctly on skin install/update so no more need to put it in your onload somewhere to set a default value.
(2016-01-13, 13:28)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 20:28)Solo0815 Wrote: If this function gives a unixtime for a ListItem, then the Reminder can easily compare it to the actual systemtime (in unixtime also)
Thx again!

I was just thinking on this and thought why not use ListItem.Date ? That will return you the both combined as I recall ?
If not, in what format would you like it to be ? The real unix timestamp like " 915 148 799.00 " ?
Isn;t that something that can be batter be handled by that pvr reminder addon itself or am I missing something ?
Thx!
ListItem.Date was the right hint. This is exactly what I wanted. I just looked in the PVR-section of "ListItem", there was only StartDate and StartTime Wink
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2016-01-14, 02:14)marcelveldt Wrote: For example:

<setting id="mediaflagsstyle" value="textbased - full info" label="Textbased - Full Info" condition="" icon="special://skin/extras/viewthumbs/flags_text.jpg" description="" default="true" optionalcommands="Skin.Reset(osdmediaflagsstyle)"/>

That's the idea Big Grin

However, when having a lot of conditions and "bulk" actions it could turn to be hard to write / read the code, don't you think ?
Just my opinion but if the goal is to replace / make easier the <onclick> action, something maybe more "universal" could be :

Code:
<settings>
    <!-- home layout -->
    <setting id="HomeLayout" value="1" label="$LOCALIZE[31309] - 1 row" condition="" icon="" description="">
        <onselect condition="Condition1IsTrue">Skin.SetString(MyString1)</onselect>
        <onselect condition="Condition2IsTrue">Skin.SetString(MyString2)</onselect>
        <onselect condition="Condition3IsTrue">WhateverAction</onselect>
    </setting>
    <setting id="HomeLayout" value="2" label="$LOCALIZE[31309] - 2 rows" condition="" icon="" description=""/>
    <setting id="HomeLayout" value="3" label="$LOCALIZE[31309] - 3 rows" condition="" icon="" description=""/>
</settings>

I'm still not a python coder Wink and don't know if that is possible but the typo looks more familiar to what we are used to know.
Also, when you don't use <onselect> (optional), your code keeps the initial structure, and "code migration" in mind, this is pretty straight forward for copy / paste the <onclick> content.

Will take a look at the Default properties too ... This could also be really helpful Smile

EDIT : Huh ! Just thinking this could be a huge fail Sad

My typo is :

Code:
Skin.SetString($INFO[Container(9300).ListItem.Property(SetID)],1ROW)

Will the $INFO[Container(9300).ListItem.Property(SetID)] be handled outside of the main window ? I mean for <onselect> ... I have some doubts.
I use the same for conditions, not sure I keep the focus and properties are active when DialogSelect is visible.

EDIT 2 :

Tried it and doesn't work because loosing the focus. Well, should be easily solved by passing the ListItem.Property to a Window.Property :

Code:
<control type="button" id="423003">
    <label>[NEGATIVE SQUARED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B]$LOCALIZE[31121]:[/B] $INFO[Skin.String(HomeLayout.label)]</label>
    <onclick>SetProperty(SetID,$INFO[Container(9300).ListItem.Property(SetID)],Home</onclick>
    <onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=setskinsetting,setting=HomeLayout,header=$LOCALIZE[31124])</onclick>
</control>

Sorry, thinking out loud too Tongue

(2016-01-09, 00:32)im85288 Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 22:38)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 16:06)im85288 Wrote: I haven't got much time for the next week or so, but will look to PR next weekend if you don't beat me to it.

This is now done. The getcast method will accept movie/show titles that aren't in your library and look those up on tmdb

Awesome thanks, I'll test drive this on the weekend and report back if there's any issues.

Hi Marcel,

I gave this a try and it seems to work very well. However it appears the names are out of sync with the images, could this be possible?

Also do you have any idea how we can get this to be more useful for the PVR section, in particular I cannot state if the item is a Movie or a TvShow when it's a PVR item so have to do a guess that it is a movie...which leads sometimes to some strange results Smile
RE: Go to Series level

Any chance there can be an option to turn this off please?

PS It's visible at normal episode level if using smart playlists.
Hi dudes,

I just found some time to try some of the cool options this script provides.
What i'm trying to understand is: Do we necessary need to force a skin setting? I would like to start the script and allow me to use:

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground)

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllTvShowsBackground)

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMusicVideosBackground)

etc.

So my question, is there a way to run the script at startup or load it on home.xml, if yes how?

Thanx and keep it up !
(2016-01-14, 21:22)butchabay Wrote: Hi dudes,

I just found some time to try some of the cool options this script provides.
What i'm trying to understand is: Do we necessary need to force a skin setting? I would like to start the script and allow me to use:

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground)

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllTvShowsBackground)

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMusicVideosBackground)

etc.

So my question, is there a way to run the script at startup or load it on home.xml, if yes how?

Thanx and keep it up !
On my side, I load it in startup.xml with

<onfocus condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.info.service)">RunScript(script.skin.info.service)</onfocus>

And set the string for rotating delay in home

<onload>Skin.SetString(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay,8)</onload>

(Could also be written in startup ...)

And that's all ...

Thanx Jayz2K,

now i see the background, but it doesn''t cycle at all. It stays static.

in Home.xml i have:

PHP Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.skin.info.service)">RunScript(script.skin.info.service)</onload

PHP Code:
<onload>Skin.SetString(SkinHelper.RandomFanartDelay,2)</onload

and in my Includes_Backgrounds.xml i have:

PHP Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RecentMoviesBackground)]</texture

if i replace the texture with:

PHP Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(script.grab.fanart.Movie.FanArt)]</texture

it works and cycles randomly through.

Any hints what's going wrong?
Hmmm, sounds good to me. The only difference for me is that I set them in SkinShortcuts (skin.helper integration) ... and use a multiimage control instead (but to also handle a folder path when it is set).

AFAIK multiimage is not needed but you could give it a shot ? Or maybe 2s is too short as parameter for skin.string ?

(2016-01-13, 13:21)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 12:58)tomer953 Wrote: Marcel, SkinHelper.PicturesBackground.Wall.0 is not working.. I set the strings needed like all the rest, and that one not showing fanarts.
I think the PVR wall is also broken.

Should be fixed on latest Git. I will bump the version later today.

Code:
08:07:19 T:420   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Error while processing smart shortcuts for favourites - set disabled....
08:07:19 T:420   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
08:07:19 T:420   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Tomer\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\BackgroundsUpdater.py", line 639, in UpdateBackgrounds
08:07:19 T:420   ERROR:     content = getContentPath(path).lower()
08:07:19 T:420   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Tomer\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 71, in getContentPath
08:07:19 T:420   ERROR:     libPath = libPath.split(",",1)[1]
08:07:19 T:420   ERROR: IndexError: list index out of range
I think it's from CustomPicturesBackgroundPath
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18