• 116(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-03-19, 01:30)Edworld Wrote: This issue is back with version 1.0.66

Can you please grab the latest version from Git ? The issue should now be resolved (for good).
Once confirmed working I will request another pull to the Kodi repo.
(2016-03-19, 15:28)Mike_Doc Wrote: I have a query on the recent animated posters / backgrounds calls. It seems some movies have multiple entries for either poster or background so i was wondering if it is in anyway possible to show a select dialog of all the posters / backgrounds so the user can choose which to download to animatedgifs and then the calls use the cached image?

Hmm, currently I have implemented this teh "dumb" way by just checking online if that image exists.
I believe there was also an json service available for this animated posters thing ? If so, I can make it a bit more intelligent :-)
(2016-03-21, 15:57)the_bo Wrote: Any chance getting
Code:
$INFO[Window(0).Property(Music.SongsCount)]
working inside lists please.

Not possible. The window properties are for the focused listitem only. Besides that, Kodi doesn't allow window props to be used inside an item layout.

We're discussing here about options to provide the properties in a broader aspect to the skin, maybe by requesting some changes to the Kodi json api to set custom properties to the db.
(2016-03-21, 10:03)tomer953 Wrote: and another though I have about the picker:
when user choose custom color, with ARGB values that are not comes with the skin, the script creates this color file in the extras\color, so far so good.
but what happens when the skin is getting updates? all the files in the extras folder are overwritten with the original one.
so after updates, the skin will have missing color files, am I right?
actually - It kind of rare that user create their own colors, because the palette are pretty big, but just in case..

No, the script checks if the images are present. If not, they will be recreated.
Besides that, any images inside the extras\color are mainly delivered by the skinner himself.
(2016-03-22, 00:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
PHP Code:
----your music folder
------ ARTIST
----------------- fanart.jpg
----------------- logo.png
------------------ banner.jpg
------------------ extafanart
------------------ ALBUM
------------------------------ disc.png

etc

Maybe some users have their artwork scraped into a different folder? In that case I can add an additional setting to look for the artwork in that custom folder.

It would be great if that would be possible. I have been using an artwork folder on a network share for the ArtistSlideShow script and it would be great if the Helper Service could make use of the same share. The folder structure is like the one above, off course without the Album folders.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Hi Marcel,

getting this error in log file from latest GIT:

16:53:20 T:4584 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> skin helper service version 1.0.67 started
16:53:20 T:4584 NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> WebService - start helper webservice on port 52307
16:53:23 T:6280 NOTICE: script.grab.fanart: Grab Fanart Service Started
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> ERROR in createNFO --> cannot serialize [u'ed94ddc6-17ea-4886-8dfc-0476811838af'] (type list)
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: File "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\ArtworkUtils.py", line 598, in createNFO
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: xmlstring = xmltree.tostring(tree.getroot(), encoding="utf-8")
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1126, in tostring
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: ElementTree(element).write(file, encoding, method=method)
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 820, in write
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: serialize(write, self._root, encoding, qnames, namespaces)
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 939, in _serialize_xml
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: _serialize_xml(write, e, encoding, qnames, None)
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 937, in _serialize_xml
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: write(_escape_cdata(text, encoding))
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1075, in _escape_cdata
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: _raise_serialization_error(text)
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1052, in _raise_serialization_error
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: "cannot serialize %r (type %s)" % (text, type(text).__name__)
16:53:41 T:9164 ERROR: TypeError: cannot serialize [u'ed94ddc6-17ea-4886-8dfc-0476811838af'] (type list)

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-03-22, 01:05)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 18:33)Angelinas Wrote: Noop, same as beffore....Only difference is that When I press refresh item (auto lookup),that items stay for next chanel (clear.property not working)

Can you grab the latest version from Git ? Should now all be fixed. Finally found the real underlying issue for the problems.
In Pvr channel working all art....but slow-working all
In epg dont have art-dont working
in dialog have art ,but when open first time they are present ,open next info in diferent channel Art are all empty and dont show untill reset kodi..not working

now have isue with widget for set dont working
Properties for dialog video info dont working too...
excample
Code:
                    <item>
                        <label>RT Consensus</label>
                        <!-- Path -->
                        <label2>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesConsensus)]</label2>
                        <onclick>noop</onclick>
                        <visible>!StringCompare(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RottenTomatoesConsensus),N/A)</visible>
                    </item>
hope you find whats wrong with script.....
All of this isue with same script settings working in your old script from my link in post before.
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...7068b8797f
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2016-03-22, 19:17)Angelinas Wrote: All of this isue with same script settings working in your old script from my link in post before.

Are you sure that you grabbed the latest version from Git ? All issues you mention are exactly the ones I fixed yesterday.
Make sure that you don't have a duplicate of the addon installed in the addons folder please
All my folder I delete and paste with new from github.
Clear cache, and set in script settings always same.
Now with latest pvr art don't working at all, only work when search with button (auto lookup).
Widget for set are back, but property for library like in images from post before not, all empty. Sad
This user have same problem with property,Maybe he confirm that problem is solved or is still pressent.
(2016-03-04, 14:56)Edworld Wrote: I am having an issue that was not there before this update. I am able to see all the rotten tomatoes scores and metacritic scores when I am in a view. Once I select a movie and go into dialogvideoinfo all the data dissapears.
(2016-03-23, 10:48)Angelinas Wrote: All my folder I delete and paste with new from github.
Clear cache, and set in script settings always same.
Now with latest pvr art don't working at all, only work when search with button (auto lookup).
Widget for set are back, but property for library like in images from post before not, all empty. Sad
This user have same problem with property,Maybe he confirm that problem is solved or is still pressent.
(2016-03-04, 14:56)Edworld Wrote: I am having an issue that was not there before this update. I am able to see all the rotten tomatoes scores and metacritic scores when I am in a view. Once I select a movie and go into dialogvideoinfo all the data dissapears.

Strange! It's working fine on my setup... One question however... Are you using the widgetcontainer property for your home widgets ?
Do you clear that property when leaving the home window ?
<onload>ClearProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,Home)</onload>
question to all...

Which skins are utilizing the forced views feature of the script ?
Someone asked me today who wants to use it with my new spotify addon.
(2016-03-23, 11:31)marcelveldt Wrote: Strange! It's working fine on my setup... One question however... Are you using the widgetcontainer property for your home widgets ?
Do you clear that property when leaving the home window ?
<onload>ClearProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,Home)</onload>
I dont have problem for widget,view is problem,but if you think that I need that to clear property for home ok I will add and test how this working...(but with old script I didnt have problem)

(2016-03-23, 11:33)marcelveldt Wrote: question to all...

https://github.com/Angelinas1/skin.aeonm...u.xml#L367

AeonMQ6 Mod
Use view chooser and forced view,but dont have for addon....
I think Mike asked for his skin.aeon.madnox (view for playlist,not forced)
(2016-03-23, 11:33)marcelveldt Wrote: question to all...

Yup, I'm using view selector only at the moment, still WIP as some users having problems with playlists and I am still trying to correctly reverse engineer some strange visibility conditions in views to make sure views.xml has the correct type settings. I do plan to implement forced views but no yet as it seems there is a lot of work connected to implementing it from what I've read.

@Marcel, did you see my debug extract?. I'll attach a full log late just incase that may help you.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-03-22, 18:38)PH-SYM Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 00:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
PHP Code:
----your music folder
------ ARTIST
----------------- fanart.jpg
----------------- logo.png
------------------ banner.jpg
------------------ extafanart
------------------ ALBUM
------------------------------ disc.png

etc

Maybe some users have their artwork scraped into a different folder? In that case I can add an additional setting to look for the artwork in that custom folder.

It would be great if that would be possible. I have been using an artwork folder on a network share for the ArtistSlideShow script and it would be great if the Helper Service could make use of the same share. The folder structure is like the one above, off course without the Album folders.

+1 would be very nice, if we could use all the Art we downloaded with CdArtManager/ArtistSlideshow
HI marcel your skin helper script is awesome!! Thank you Smile
in your free time I have small issue in the backup function
the problem is with backgrounds that I choose from "resources" addons
I opened the zip that the script creates, and I see the relevant backgrounds there
but in the restore process - they are not restored
and the default backgrounds of my skin is apply
instead of the backgrounds i select from the "resources" addons
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18