• 118(current)
Release skin helper service
(2016-03-27, 02:24)queeup Wrote: Hi,

Could you add skin helper service to Transifex pls? We can translate to our languages.

Thx.
I'll try with git hub.....
@Marcel include Serbian cyrillic translate for script label..
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...vice/pulls
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
I'm trying to get similar movies in a list clicking on a button, example "Similar"

PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://script.skin.helper.service?type=similarmovies)</onclick> 

But what i get are all the sections skin.helper script provides.

Is there a way to pass directly to similar movies?

Thanx
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarmovies&amp;limit=[LIMIT]
or
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarmovies&amp;imdbid=[IMDBID]&amp;limit=[LIMIT]
(2016-03-25, 17:25)marcelveldt Wrote: [quote='im85288' pid='2291960' dateline='1458916206']
Hi Marcel, I noticed certain property's are not getting reset, such as the tagline from tmdb so had a look at the code. In the resetWindowProps method of ListItemMonitor.py there are some fields missing from having their info cleared. Quite a few of them are from tmbd. Please have a look when you can.

1) OK, will do, thanks

Some others I found are for example, ListItemStudio and Top250

Cheers
(2016-03-28, 13:30)Bumpaneer Wrote:
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarmovies&amp;limit=[LIMIT]
or
Code:
plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarmovies&amp;imdbid=[IMDBID]&amp;limit=[LIMIT]

Thanx mate, but it doesn't work.

If i put:

PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarmovies&amp;limit=100&quot;,return)</onclick> 

it opens a list with movies, but i don't see any match to "Similar" movies. They are just random i suppose.

EDIT:

OK, this seems to work:

PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=similarmovies&amp;imdbid=$INFO[ListItem.IMDBNumber]&amp;limit=50,return)</onclick> 

Thanx.
(2016-03-23, 23:52)marcelveldt Wrote: I have adjusted the code; previously it was using a different code block for the widget stuff but when the requests topped up to make more features available for widgets I have rewritten the code so now the main code and the widget code is exactly the same. This has a few benefits:

- you can use the widgetcontainer in ANY window, also custom windows etc.
- all windows props available for the library will also work for widgets/custom containers.
Just tray new benefits,...and I like very much....Smile
Simular movies
Cast in list view
Have some isue with widget in list view:
-Cast for movie set widget still dont working Sad
-when I open some actor from list,script close list, back to home window and then open dialog for actor

for movieset When set content for cast
Code:
<content>plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=getcast&amp;movie=$INFO[ListItem.Label]&amp;limit=25</content>
,have some cast but only few movieSet have IMDB number and cast, can you join cast from all movies in set and filter to no duplicate Labels.
marcelveldt, if possible please add support for 3 more items in Sets

Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.Year)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.Plot)
Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.MovieSet.X.DBID)

Thanks,
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hello,

I use the Madnox skin with Kodi Jarvis on Windows 8.1 x64. I've noticed that Skin Helper Service is now showing up in my Music Add-ons section. It's strange to see that with all of the Internet Radio add-ons. Is there an option to prevent Skin Helper Service from showing up there or does this have to do with Madnox somehow?

Thanks!
Using the Eminence mod skin the duration of the video does not show up at all using version 1.0.68. Everything works perfectly using version 1.0.51 however. This is a problem for everyone using the skin.

Thanks.
(2016-03-30, 15:15)Scott00007 Wrote: Using the Eminence mod skin the duration of the video does not show up at all using version 1.0.68. Everything works perfectly using version 1.0.51 however. This is a problem for everyone using the skin.

Thanks.

Where you downloaded this version?

Thanks!
(2016-03-30, 15:15)Scott00007 Wrote: Using the Eminence mod skin the duration of the video does not show up at all using version 1.0.68. Everything works perfectly using version 1.0.51 however. This is a problem for everyone using the skin.

Thanks.

Me too. I see the same problems in my Eminence 2 mod skin.

@ Marcelveldt: Using the latest skin.helper.service version from git, did not solve the problem. Deleting it, and downloading it again, neighter.
Is this a bug in the skin, or in the skin.helper.service script?

In your Titan skin the aforementioned things do work.

Another question: my widgets (home screen and movies / series hub widgets) in Eminence 2 Mod skin do take more and more time to load. I have a superfast laptop (i7 6700HQ + NVMe SSD + 16 GB DDR4 RAM) and did make no changes on my NAS. Only thing I changed was delete my old database and rebuild a new one for Kodi 16 Jarvis. Is that an issue with my skin, or perhaps with this script too?
Hi marcelveldt,

The skin.helper service seems to download multiple images for any given show in the pvr section which is great. That part works.

Trying to change an image manually by selecting "artwork settings, refresh artwork (manually)" will not work if the skin.helper service has already got data for that particular program stored in the addon_data pvrthumbs folder.

If you want to use the refresh artwork (Manual) option you have to delete the folder for that program from the addon data folder first, then refresh it.

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2016-03-31, 00:34)loggio Wrote: If you want to use the refresh artwork (Manual) option you have to delete the folder for that program from the addon data folder first, then refresh it.
(2016-03-31, 00:00)Sjors125 Wrote:
Thanks.
Me too. I see the same problems in my Eminence 2 mod skin.
Thanks.
Helper have changes and for yours skin you need to add in home.xml one single row,Marcel alredy explain in few post before...
In post you have code..Send skiners message to include this in skin(you can manual add to your xml.Script will work like you used before changes...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2290550
(2016-03-31, 14:31)Sjors125 Wrote: but where in that xml do I paste this code?
add new line in row 19 home.xml
Code:
<onunload>ClearProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer)</onunload>
@ Angelinas; Thanks!

For my Eminence 2 Mod skin the code goes here:

(2016-04-01, 11:31)Sjors125 Wrote: Thanks, it is working again.

It was actually at line 16, but because of the line breaking / word wrap of the program you open it with, it can be at any other line.

The code should be posted one line below:

Code:
<onload>ClearProperty(extinfo,home)</onload>
    <onload>SetProperty(HubReturn,Home)</onload>
    <onload>SetProperty(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer,9001)</onload>

and one line above:

Code:
<!-- Modification Onload -->    
    <onload condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(HomeStyle))">Skin.SetString(HomeStyle, beveled)</onload>

Save the home.xml, restart Kodi and it works again.
I would like to make a request. Since Kodi 15 it is possible to tag videos in Kodi. I use this to tag the movies with an atmos or auro flag. In the skin i show the audio flag if the movie is tagged with atmos or auro.

In my local copy of the skin helper service i have added a Tags property which reads all tags from a movie if present. If the movie is tagged with more tags like atmos and 3d the result property string is 'atmos,3d'.
I'm not the best python developer so it's a hacky way but it' works.

Maybe you could add this the correct way or if you like i can get you the code i use. Every time i update the skin helper service from git i have to add the modifications manually. So it would be nice if you could add
the Tags property.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18