Multiple Media Content Folders possible?
Hello guys,

I'm pretty new to Kodi and have more of a general question.
I've been looking around, but to no avail.

It seems multiple sources for one type of media, as well as setting the content type for videos is possible... but is multiple media allowed in one folder/directory (.mp3 [music], .mp4 [videos], .jpg [pictures])?
If so, how can I set this up? I want to be able to have a directory that allows for multiple media.

Don't think I need this, but here's the log file: http://pastebin.com/6Xx3aABR

I'm using:
Intel NUC - Chipset: Intel® QS77 Express Chipset - Processor: Intel® Celeron® processor 847 (soldered down)
Skin: Arctic: Zephyr
Kodi 15.0
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (kernel: Linux 3.13.0-55-generic) x86_64
GIT:2f34a0c
Nope, this isn't possible.

What you can do is a structure like this (everything in (...) is a description)

- Multimedia (folder....no source set)
-- music (subfolder of "Multimedia" and source for music)
-- video-sd (subfolder of "Multimedia" and source for videos in sd quality)
-- video-hd (subfolder of "Multumedia" and source for videos in hd quality)
-- tv-shows (subfolder of "Multimedia" and source for TV-shows)

If you now set the content for video-sd and video-hd to "movies", both folders will be scraped to your library and all movies are shown in "movie" section. But you can't set a source on "Multimedia" and let Kodi decide what the subfolders contains. That won't work, because the sources are content specific.
(2015-08-26, 09:25)David1977 Wrote: Nope, this isn't possible.

What you can do is a structure like this (everything in (...) is a description)

- Multimedia (folder....no source set)
-- music (subfolder of "Multimedia" and source for music)
-- video-sd (subfolder of "Multimedia" and source for videos in sd quality)
-- video-hd (subfolder of "Multumedia" and source for videos in hd quality)
-- tv-shows (subfolder of "Multimedia" and source for TV-shows)

If you now set the content for video-sd and video-hd to "movies", both folders will be scraped to your library and all movies are shown in "movie" section. But you can't set a source on "Multimedia" and let Kodi decide what the subfolders contains. That won't work, because the sources are content specific.

Thanks for your reply.
By not setting the source, you mean just set the folder to none, correct?

When setting the source for the other folders, that just means setting the directory where the files are stored?
I believe this is what I read in the documentation.
The multimedia-folder in my example can be ignored for setting anything for it. It's just there to have an overview what's below this folder. You can use it, or not. It's about you and how you like your structure.

In my case I still have subfolders under the "movies-xy" folders matching the movie name. So it looks this this for example:

- Movies-sd (as the source for movies)
--moviename1 (as the subfolder of 'movies-sd'....nothing to setup for this. The scaper will now what to do)
---moviename1.ext (the files for the movies...might be mkv or iso or whatever Kodi supports)
--moviename2 (as the subfolder of 'movies-sd....see above)
---moviename2.ext (the file .... see above)
and so on....

I like to have subfolders which matches the movie name, because I have NFO_files (wiki) for all my movies and if I won't have those subfolders, it would be a mess if those files all are in one folder. So I like a clean view. The scraper can be set to 'source has folders which match the moviename' (or similar), so you don't have to care about the subfolders under the source.

I have the same for TV-Shows....

- TV-Shows (the source)
-- TV-Show-Name (1. subfolder)
---Season Number (for example "Season 1" ... 2. subfolder)
----Episode.ext (the file....mkv or iso...named "S01E01' for Season 1 episode 1...'S02E14' Season 2 Episode 14...you get it?)

Hope it helps Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Media Content Folders possible?0