• 4(current)
Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)
(2015-09-20, 11:29)vdb86 Wrote: Hi lady0421, glad you like it.

1) I made the clock move so it doesn't "burn in" into your screen, so there is no option to keep it in one place.
Any static image can literally screw up pixels on your monitor or tv, so after you change it you see a "ghost image" of the previous one.

2) At this point Kodi doesn't allow addons to use their own fonts, therefore I have to rely on skins to provide fonts and font sizes which I later use.
I had to setup the screensaver for every skin separately, and test it so it works as it should.
Until addons can define their own fonts there won't be an option to increase or decrease certain aspects of this screensaver.

3)It is possible, but I'll have to take a look and see how complicated it is to implement it.
It would probably use the same line as the now playing information, since I don't plan on adding any more lines of text
I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Hello,

I just built up a RPi2 with OSMC and the Official RPi display. I like this screensaver but the font really is very small on the display. I assume there is still not yet a way to make the font a bit bigger until KODI/OSMC change the restrictions you mention at 2) above?
(2015-12-28, 17:04)hp1975 Wrote: Hello,

I just built up a RPi2 with OSMC and the Official RPi display. I like this screensaver but the font really is very small on the display. I assume there is still not yet a way to make the font a bit bigger until KODI/OSMC change the restrictions you mention at 2) above?

Yeah I don't think they will lift that restriction anytime soon.
Take a look at the first page, bolded skins should work just fine with my screensaver.
The others are having issues like a small font etc.
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
(2015-11-03, 16:50)vdb86 Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 21:42)cnwoods Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 12:31)vdb86 Wrote: @ cnwoods, I've taken a look and unfortunately can't reproduce this issue.
Neither on my windows 7 laptop or on my Raspberry Pi 2 running Openelec.
I might have an idea what the problem is.
Could you try please skin mimic and let me know if that one works with my screensaver or not?

Thank you

I installed mimic and the font size looks good, however the second problem still remains together with the fact (which I forgot to mention earlier) of the time not actually being updated on the screen. The log shows a similar python exception to the one I quoted earlier.

Let me know if you want me to upload a full debug log.

Cheers.

I've found two bugs that were causing all those issues!
I tested everything mainly on my windows machine, but there are problems when you use some other operating system.
You should get an update soon and everything will work fine (hopefully).
Yes it's been working fine for a while now. Many thanks.
Kodi x64 build (18.1 Git:20190224-nogitfound)
Arch Linux, KDE Plasma, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.19.27-1-lts

Hi,

Really nice screensaver, full of features, but I'm using a 4.3 inch tft screen to use as a clock on my desk, and the clock is tiny and quite annoying having to follow it around the screen to read.

I know this has been requested a couple of times, but is there any chance that you could put an option in to leave the clock in the centre of the screen, even if it has to contain a warning. I know you have an issue with screen burn, but I've been using a similar screensaver for over a month now, and not noticed any damage to pixels on the screen, and with it only being a £10 screen, it's not really any harm done if anything does ever occur.

Also I know users have been requesting if you could enlarge the size of the clock and as you mention it has something to do with fonts. I was wondering if the circumstances had recently changed that would allow you to get around this (anychance maybe the system display zoom feature can be activated when the screensaver kicks in, might be easier to do if the time is always stationed centre on the screen to stop edges being clipped).

Honestly, if you can sort these two little niggles out, I'll happily send ya fiver as I'd love nothing more than being able to have a desk clock with weather/date/now playing.

Regards,
Glad you like the screensaver!
(2016-03-17, 08:52)samiby Wrote: Hi,

Really nice screensaver, full of features, but I'm using a 4.3 inch tft screen to use as a clock on my desk, and the clock is tiny and quite annoying having to follow it around the screen to read.

I know this has been requested a couple of times, but is there any chance that you could put an option in to leave the clock in the centre of the screen, even if it has to contain a warning. I know you have an issue with screen burn, but I've been using a similar screensaver for over a month now, and not noticed any damage to pixels on the screen, and with it only being a £10 screen, it's not really any harm done if anything does ever occur.
I guess I could throw this option in and include a warning for it.

(2016-03-17, 08:52)samiby Wrote: Also I know users have been requesting if you could enlarge the size of the clock and as you mention it has something to do with fonts. I was wondering if the circumstances had recently changed that would allow you to get around this (anychance maybe the system display zoom feature can be activated when the screensaver kicks in, might be easier to do if the time is always stationed centre on the screen to stop edges being clipped).

Honestly, if you can sort these two little niggles out, I'll happily send ya fiver as I'd love nothing more than being able to have a desk clock with weather/date/now playing.

Regards,
Unfortunately this hasn't changed, addons (including my screensaver) can't define it's own fonts and fonts sizes.
So we're stuck with what skin developer defined (usually we can get them to add something if needed, but it doesn't happen every time).
Which skin are you using?
Sorry, i forgot to mention in the previous post that I was using OSMC skin. Do you know of any skins that do use a large font?

Thanks for the quick reply.
It should work just fine with OSMC skin.
I've added fixed center screen position, let me see if I can do anything with zoom.
Zoom is kinda tricky since it literally enlarges everything and stuff can become pixelated or have some other artifacts.
@samiby you should see a couple of updates in next few days, fixed center position has been added and an option to use zoom in order to increase all of the elements, the first update will let you zoom to 150% and the next one to 200%.
Hope you like it.
Hi. Is it possible to show the album cover in the now playing infoline?
(2016-07-26, 12:23)Freeman-TK Wrote: Hi. Is it possible to show the album cover in the now playing infoline?

This is currently not supported, but I might implement it in the future.
It would be in the same place as the weather icon.
Hi,

this is a nice screensaver.
I checked all the options and I have one question.
I know I can put the clock in the middle.
Is it also possible to have the clock for example in the right upper corner or another position?
I would like the use the slideshow and don't wnat to have the clock in the middle and also not random on the screen.

Thanks
(2016-11-07, 22:47)marco0815 Wrote: Hi,

this is a nice screensaver.
I checked all the options and I have one question.
I know I can put the clock in the middle.
Is it also possible to have the clock for example in the right upper corner or another position?
I would like the use the slideshow and don't wnat to have the clock in the middle and also not random on the screen.

Thanks

I haven't made it possible to set the position, I'll look into it and get it done when I have a bit more free time.
I have 2 Kodi systems running on 2 different android tv boxes
on both the displayed time from sreensaver is 1 hour wrong,
where can i change this setting ?
(2016-12-11, 17:26)treeby Wrote: I have 2 Kodi systems running on 2 different android tv boxes
on both the displayed time from sreensaver is 1 hour wrong,
where can i change this setting ?

Is Kodi showing correct time?
This screensaver gets its time from Kodi directly, so if the Kodi is showing the correct time the screensaver should too.
Which Kodi version are you using?
Hey ddb86,

First off, gotta say I love the background! Very simple, and well done!

However, I've encountered a bug I thought I'd share with you. Well... Bug/not as the software intended, but I'm sure I might be the only one to try and do this.

Basically, if I set a background folder and there are multiple images, everything works fine, but if I set a folder with only a single image, the plugin will freeze whenever it starts looking for the next picture (and can't find it).
Maybe you could add a check for how many files and just skip the "slideshow" if it doesn't find multiple images.. Or maybe just add a choice box for single image background or something. Just ideas on how to fix it!

Edit: I also noticed another bug.. If the contents of the folder has changed since either Kodi was reset, or the specified folder has been reset, it won't show a background. It'll just show black.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)5