• 7(current)
Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)
With ronie's and Martijn's help my mistake was fixed.
Had a wrong idea about how dependencies work, but now everything is clear.
I just checked, the screensaver is available again so you can update it!
Moving forward I'll be working on Krypton repo as it uses some different code.
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
Would like to say thank you very much for your app - its the best for plasma TV owners - other "screensavers" should be rather called "screenburners"
One more small request for next version: there are additional information available to be displayed such as memory usage, CPU utilization, etc. One important is missing: CPU Temperature - for Odroid C2 (and other devices too as I guess) users it would be very valuable to see that parameter on screen just to be sure CPU temperature isn't too high - as we know CPU temp can increase significantly which can be dangerous.
(2017-01-31, 20:58)rafikW Wrote: Would like to say thank you very much for your app - its the best for plasma TV owners - other "screensavers" should be rather called "screenburners"
One more small request for next version: there are additional information available to be displayed such as memory usage, CPU utilization, etc. One important is missing: CPU Temperature - for Odroid C2 (and other devices too as I guess) users it would be very valuable to see that parameter on screen just to be sure CPU temperature isn't too high - as we know CPU temp can increase significantly which can be dangerous.

Hi!
You're welcome, glad you like it and use it on your setup.
I was trying out the temperature thing but for some reason it wasn't really working.
I'll try it out again on my RPI2 and we'll see if I can add that too.

I know that there are several temperatures that can be shown but they weren't working for some reason.
I made small customization in xonfluence skin adding few lines in Includes.xml,
Just after the line:
<include name="ClockDefault"><label>$INFO[System.Time]</label></include>
I have added the new one:
<include name="CPUTemp"><label>CPU Temp: $INFO[System.CPUTemperature]</label></include>

Then below made a copy-paste the following section:
<control type="label" id="1">
<description>time label</description>
<right>20</right>
<top>5</top>
<width>200</width>
<height>30</height>
<align>right</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<font>font28_title</font>
<textcolor>gray</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(ClockShowSeconds)">ClockDefault</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(ClockShowSeconds)">ClockSeconds</include>
<include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
[.....]
</control>

and added:
<control type="label" id="1">
<description>CPU Temp label</description>
<right>20</right>
<top>48</top>
<width>200</width>
<height>30</height>
<align>right</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<font>font27_title</font>
<textcolor>yellow</textcolor>
<shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(ClockShowSeconds)">CPUTemp</include>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(ClockShowSeconds)">ClockSeconds</include>
<include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
[...]
</control>

which caused that I see CPU Temperature on home screen and other screens when navigating Kodi.
So maybe this variable $INFO[System.CPUTemperature] you can use?
Of course this is my guess only as I'm typical noob in application development and programming :-) but wish you success in finding the way how to bring CPU Temperature on your screensaver...
Yes that is the correct way to get the temperature ($INFO[System.CPUTemperature]).
Those are called infolabels and there's a whole section in the development part of the Kodi Wiki.
I know how to implement this, the only issue was that I wasn't getting any value.
But I'll try it again in a couple of days, if it starts working I'll add it to the next release.
Hello there! I am relatively new to using a raspberry pi, but I'm not a complete noob when it comes to computers and learning. I was wondering, how can I make my pictures not so blown up (Zoomed in) I haven't checked previous pages but I will. Thank you in advance for this awesome software!
(2017-02-03, 10:17)MotoSwap Wrote: Hello there! I am relatively new to using a raspberry pi, but I'm not a complete noob when it comes to computers and learning. I was wondering, how can I make my pictures not so blown up (Zoomed in) I haven't checked previous pages but I will. Thank you in advance for this awesome software!

Hi!
The screensaver zooms in the picture until it fills the screen, so depending on your display and your picture it might crop of some parts of it (either height or width).
Using wallpapers of correct aspect ratio fixes this.

If that is not good enough for you find the xml matching the skin you're using and change this part:
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>

into

<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>

This will be overwritten every time screensaver is updated.

I'll look into making this a choice for users, not sure if I'll be able to do that...
(2017-02-03, 10:27)vdb86 Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 10:17)MotoSwap Wrote: Hello there! I am relatively new to using a raspberry pi, but I'm not a complete noob when it comes to computers and learning. I was wondering, how can I make my pictures not so blown up (Zoomed in) I haven't checked previous pages but I will. Thank you in advance for this awesome software!

Hi!
The screensaver zooms in the picture until it fills the screen, so depending on your display and your picture it might crop of some parts of it (either height or width).

If that is not good enough for you find the xml matching the skin you're using and change this part:

into

I'll look into making this a choice for users, not sure if I'll be able to do that...

Thank you so much, I will try that right now.
(2017-02-03, 10:27)vdb86 Wrote:

Hi!

into

Late reply I know, but I can't find the file where it has the aspect code in
I have tried editing the skin.osmc < settings.xml file and a few others code, I started from ~/.kodi/userdata/ and I also used these links
http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

However I still can't find the file to fix the aspect ratio
(2017-02-03, 19:27)MotoSwap Wrote: Late reply I know, but I can't find the file where it has the aspect code in
I have tried editing the skin.osmc < settings.xml file and a few others code, I started from ~/.kodi/userdata/ and I also used these links

Sorry for not being precise.
Go to:
AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.digitalclock\resources\skins\default\720p

Find the xml file that corresponds to your current skin and edit that file.
Color picker is really nice feature but selecting and testing any of available colors is time consuming process, so would like to ask you in which xml file are the selected "color values" stored? On the screen I see it is in the format like "ff181818" but I can't find in which xml is it saved. It's not in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/screensaver.digitalclock/settings.xml nor in /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/settings.xml nor in /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/skins/default/720p/default.xml (sking which I'm using: xonfluence is not having corresponding xml file)
(2017-02-04, 10:29)rafikW Wrote: Color picker is really nice feature but selecting and testing any of available colors is time consuming process, so would like to ask you in which xml file are the selected "color values" stored? On the screen I see it is in the format like "ff181818" but I can't find in which xml is it saved. It's not in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/screensaver.digitalclock/settings.xml nor in /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/settings.xml nor in /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/skins/default/720p/default.xml (sking which I'm using: xonfluence is not having corresponding xml file)

The color values are stored in skin settings (that's how color picker works for now).
That can be found under:
AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\find your skin here
You'll see them as:
<setting id="screensaver.digitalclock.hourcolor" type="string">ffe60000</setting>

Make sure to change other similar id's too:
<setting id="screensaver.digitalclock.hourcolor.name" type="string">ffe60000</setting>
<setting id="screensaver.digitalclock.hourcolor.base" type="string">ffe60000</setting>
if they're present
(2017-02-04, 01:06)vdb86 Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 19:27)MotoSwap Wrote: Late reply I know, but I can't find the file where it has the aspect code in

Sorry for not being precise.
Go to:
AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.digitalclock\resources\skins\default\720p

Find the xml file that corresponds to your current skin and edit that file.
FIGURED IT OUT THANK YOU.*** EDIT
New release!
- Added background image aspect ratio control
- Added additional information:
- CPU temperature (Depends on the system if it will work or not)
- GPU temperature (Depends on the system if it will work or not)
- HDD temperature (Depends on the system if it will work or not)
- FPS
- Current uptime
- Total uptime
(2017-02-06, 23:54)vdb86 Wrote: New release!
- Added background image aspect ratio control
- Added additional information:
- CPU temperature (Depends on the system if it will work or not)
- GPU temperature (Depends on the system if it will work or not)
- HDD temperature (Depends on the system if it will work or not)
- FPS
- Current uptime
- Total uptime

Would like to report that on Odroid-C2 running LibreELEC CPU Temperature is properly dispalyed.
If you can please make "CPU Usage" field wider as now it is shown for example like this: "CPU0: 12.1% CPU1:1.0% CPU2:29.0% C...."
Apart of that now your screensaver is just PERFECT.
Once again: THANKS A LOT.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)5