• 10(current)
Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)
I really like this screensaver. Thanks for creating it. It's my favorite so far. Looking around, the only thing it didn't have that I was hoping for was build in RSS feed reader. Is it possible to be able to tap into the RSS feeds in settings and scroll them across the bottom while the screen saver is active?

Thanks!
Hi,
Glad you like the screensver!
Technically speaking I can put text at the bottom of the screen and that could be the RSS.
In real life there are problems, the text wasn't scrolling on its own, which means I'd have to manually make it scroll.
That wouldn't be a problem but they changed something regarding Python so any movement manually created is now jerky - check out bounce movement and you'll know what I'm talking about.
I'll do some research and see if RSS will work now but I can't make any promises.
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
(2018-07-04, 10:34)vdb86 Wrote: Hi,
Glad you like the screensver!
Technically speaking I can put text at the bottom of the screen and that could be the RSS.
In real life there are problems, the text wasn't scrolling on its own, which means I'd have to manually make it scroll.
That wouldn't be a problem but they changed something regarding Python so any movement manually created is now jerky - check out bounce movement and you'll know what I'm talking about.
I'll do some research and see if RSS will work now but I can't make any promises.
 Understood. I thought about it a bit more and scrolling does not even have to happen, if you could just walk through the headlines one at a time and have them static at the bottom (or optionally in line with random clock), but changing whenever the clock changes location, or at that interval. Something like:

and

The second pic is easier to implement but it won't work - that text box has a finite width and it will cut off most RSS information.
I'll look into all of this.
It would be helpful to know what syntax to use in "custom date format" under Settings / Format.

I tried to get a textual representation of a day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc) and the month (January, February, March etc). But I couldn't make it work. I guess there is no support for that? I tried some syntax from PHP Date and Date Formats

Love this screen saver but the "now playing" info doesn't work with this plugin:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:SomaFM

Its so weird, it used to work ages ago but not for a long time. The now playing works for me for other things, like playing local media. The now playing info from somafm shows in other plugins....

I'd really appreciate if this could be looked into - I'd even be willing to get my hands dirty and fix the somafm plugin if thats the broken part, but I am not sure where to start....
This is the format that is used with predefined options:
DDD dd. MMM yyyy
dd.mm.yyyy
mm.dd.yyyy

This relates to:
Saturday 30. May 2015

Try using the infoamtion above.
If it doesn't work then something is broken in the screensaver.
I haven't had the time to update it, maybe I manage to sit down and sort out the whole Python3 update as well.
I don't think it's an issue with that addon, it's probably an issue with the screensaver.
They changed something in Kodi and this functionality got broken because I haven't updated it in a million years.
If I find the time I'll sit down and update it, unfortunately I can't make any promises.
(2019-12-24, 17:51)vdb86 Wrote: I don't think it's an issue with that addon, it's probably an issue with the screensaver.
They changed something in Kodi and this functionality got broken because I haven't updated it in a million years.
If I find the time I'll sit down and update it, unfortunately I can't make any promises.

Do you know what it is? Its down on line 207 in default.py, there is an and where there could be an or. The SomaFM plugin doesn't set an Artist! When the screensaver runs, it runs the test to see if it should put the MusicPlayer details on the screen and the test fails because artist is missing.

I fixed it by changing this:

python:
            if self.nowplayinginfoshow == 'true':
                if xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Artist') and xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Title'):
                    self.informationlist.append('$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]')
                    self.informationlist.append('$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title]')

to:

python:
                if xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Artist') or xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Title'):

I made a PR
(2020-01-13, 10:23)klendool Wrote:
(2019-12-24, 17:51)vdb86 Wrote: I don't think it's an issue with that addon, it's probably an issue with the screensaver.

Do you know what it is? Its down on line 207 in default.py, there is an and where there could be an or. The SomaFM plugin doesn't set an Artist! When the screensaver runs, it runs the test to see if it should put the MusicPlayer details on the screen and the test fails because artist is missing.

python:
                if xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Artist') and xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Title'):

to:

python:
                if xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Artist') or xbmc.getInfoLabel('MusicPlayer.Title'):

I made a PR 
Cool, thanks for your help!
(2020-01-13, 10:42)vdb86 Wrote:
(2020-01-13, 10:23)klendool Wrote:

python:

to:

python:

I made a PR  
Cool, thanks for your help! 

No worries Big Grin Its the least I can do, I've been using this screen saver for AGES
Hi, thank you for this really great Screensaver. I use this in my setup whith Rasperry Pi3, LibreElec (Kodi 18.5) and the official 7" Tochscreen.
I really like to have a Dim Functionality like the Dim Screensaver. Would it possible to put this in the Digital Clock Screensaver?
Thank you very much!
(2020-02-11, 14:32)aghdal Wrote: Hi, thank you for this really great Screensaver. I use this in my setup whith Rasperry Pi3, LibreElec (Kodi 18.5) and the official 7" Tochscreen.
I really like to have a Dim Functionality like the Dim Screensaver. Would it possible to put this in the Digital Clock Screensaver?
Thank you very much!
Hi!
Glad you like it.
Right now no as I have too many things going on in my personal life.
When new Kodi comes out, with only support for a newer version of Python we'll see if this screensaver works or not.
If it does I'll try to add some things, if it doesn't it might mean an end for it.
I'm not a developer and I've literally learnt Python basics just to create this screensaver.

What Dim functionality are you looking for?
Hi vdb.

Would it be possible to have it shown as "Artist - Song" when Now Playing is selected? At the moment it only shows the artist, then at interval change (I've set mine to 30 seconds) it shows the song name.

Thanks again for your work
(2020-04-18, 04:59)iLurk Wrote: Hi vdb.

Would it be possible to have it shown as "Artist - Song" when Now Playing is selected? At the moment it only shows the artist, then at interval change (I've set mine to 30 seconds) it shows the song name.

Thanks again for your work

When I was creating this screensaver Kodi didn't support scrolling text in that field, which means most of the time you'd end up with just the Artist and everything else is cut off.
That's why I had to separate them like this.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024)5