• 88(current)
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]
Hi! I love the skin and prefer it over everything else that's available. However on music playback non-square album art is displayed incorrectly which looks horrible. Below in the spoiler are images of Eminence and default skin so you can see what I mean. If this could be fixed I'd be eternally grateful!

(2019-04-29, 18:08)Julestop Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 00:57)JeroenTuinstra Wrote: I posted on Github too, but I notice there seems to be a quicker response here. I love the eminence skin and am using the latest from your github. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the views. It standardly selects the "wrong" poster for television series.
While you would expect when you select an overview of a particular serie, that each season would have its own season poster. However the skin uses the general series poster. Not untill you click on a season to see the episodes is the poster of the season used.
It is perhaps a beauty fault, but really annoying when you don't have the title of the season in the view and all the posters look the same.

Correct overview of the series
Seasons using the series posters (all the same posters for each season) should be a season poster per season
The overview of the episodes uses the season poster. So the skin has access to this, yet uses it only with the episodes not with the seasons.

Link to my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7wd4mv5qzckhq...e.log?dl=0

Thanks for all the help with this, love the skin so far!
I'm having the same issue. The TV seasons poster is not showing up under icon view... it instead shows the series poster.
Would love a fix. 
I see that there was a fix to the season posters in github in February... how long until that becomes available in the Kodi Repo?
Not sure on the process...
This theme is awesome. I decided to alter some of the layouts in a way to create my own that allows for a longer description box and get rid of the fan art that loads really slowly with my crappy internet.

I'm happy to share the files for the layout if anyone wants them, but it was kind of a pain. It would be cool to have something like this added to the actual theme.

(2019-05-21, 20:38)Julestop Wrote:
(2019-04-29, 18:08)Julestop Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 00:57)JeroenTuinstra Wrote: I posted on Github too, but I notice there seems to be a quicker response here. I love the eminence skin and am using the latest from your github. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the views. It standardly selects the "wrong" poster for television series.
While you would expect when you select an overview of a particular serie, that each season would have its own season poster. However the skin uses the general series poster. Not untill you click on a season to see the episodes is the poster of the season used.
It is perhaps a beauty fault, but really annoying when you don't have the title of the season in the view and all the posters look the same.

Correct overview of the series
Seasons using the series posters (all the same posters for each season) should be a season poster per season
The overview of the episodes uses the season poster. So the skin has access to this, yet uses it only with the episodes not with the seasons.

Link to my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7wd4mv5qzckhq...e.log?dl=0

Thanks for all the help with this, love the skin so far!
I'm having the same issue. The TV seasons poster is not showing up under icon view... it instead shows the series poster.
Would love a fix. 
I see that there was a fix to the season posters in github in February... how long until that becomes available in the Kodi Repo?
Not sure on the process...

If you don't want to wait, this can be fixed very easily with any text editor. If you click on the change in GitHub where this is fixed, you'll see the change that was made. It'll be "diffed" with the original file.

Simply put, there are a few lines that define the behavior and order matters. The line that tells the skin to show the proper posters is out of order. A cut and paste is all that is needed and the diff on GitHub shows you exactly what to do and where to do it.

I've heavily modified this skin for my own uses and found this fix upon upgrading to Leia.
Hello everyone! have a full backup of a Kodi installation. I am trying to move the Skin's settings/menu layout from backup to the new device.
Which files do I need to copy over exactly? Thanks.
Kids HUB?

Is it possible to create a Hub only for my Kids?
I tray already...
Create a shurtcut and a new Hub.
Than i create a shurtcut "Series" in the new Hub.
But im looking for a shurtcut that open a Folder at my NAS that called Kids Series.
When a add a source an navigate to "Kids Series" and add it...
I see the new Kids Hub. It open.... And i see the entry "Series"
When i open it i see again 2x "Series". Click on it and i see all my Series for Kids.
But how i open it directly?

My english is not the best. Hope you understand Smile

So what i want:
Main Menu - A Source Kids. - Work already
Kids Hub - Work already
At the HUB 2 enntrys "Series" and "Movies" - work already
click on "Series" or "movies" open a overview - dont work :/
Just one request.
A already ask question,
Do you preview to implement games section in this skin ?
I know some other already have it since kodi 18, but i don't really want to change from another one but i really want to use the retro station of kodi 18.
Is it at all possible to set the sub mienus as permanently visible either via the  GUI settings or the XML coding?

I would like to able to do this to make the skin more user friendly with table devices so that when using with an attached keyboard it is still possible to select the sub menus.
(2019-09-08, 02:57)hellequin67 Wrote: Is it at all possible to set the sub mienus as permanently visible either via the  GUI settings or the XML coding?

I would like to able to do this to make the skin more user friendly with table devices so that when using with an attached keyboard it is still possible to select the sub menus.

For anyone else who may be interested in doing this I've found the solution:

The XML file you need to adjust to achieve permanent submenus is the includes_home.xml file located in addons/skin.eminence.2/16x9 (don't know if the path differs by hardware, I'm using OSX)

Find the portion I've highlighted in red below and add the XML comment on the line above and below , highlighted as purple font below.

This provide you with perpetual sub menus on the Eminence font which will provide full sub menu functionality on touchscreen devices without the need for a keyboard.

<!-- SubMenu -->
    <include name="Home_SubMenu">
        <control type="group">
            <!--
            <animation effect="slide" tween="quadratic" easing="out" time="200" start="0,-400" end="0" condition="Control.HasFocus(9002)" reversible="false">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" tween="quadratic" easing="in" time="200" end="0,-400" start="0" condition="!Control.HasFocus(9002)" reversible="false">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0" condition="Control.HasFocus(9001)">Conditional</animation>

-->
            <visible>Control.HasFocus(9000) | Control.HasFocus(9002)</visible>

Apologies for the formatting, it's the first time i've "hacked" code for Kodi
@hellequin67

An explanation of the editors bar... https://forum.kodi.tv/misc.php?action=help&hid=7

In you case, you would use button 25 and set as XML
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is it possible to view actors roles in the local movies and extendedinfo too? If I select an actor it shows me the extendedinfo page only. Btw I miss the "photos" page from it...
Thank you!
Hi jurialmunkey thank you for your the best skin, I've been use this skin from helix my all time no. 1 skin it is.
Leia's eminence doesn't view of channel number in live tv section. Previously version displayed top head on
'Program Title' and bottom line has smaller font uses Channel Number & Channel Name. But it goes away from

How can I fix it? Which xml can I edit? Thank you very muchImage
(2019-07-01, 14:48)Karandras Wrote: Kids HUB?

Is it possible to create a Hub only for my Kids?
I tray already...
Create a shurtcut and a new Hub.
Than i create a shurtcut "Series" in the new Hub.
But im looking for a shurtcut that open a Folder at my NAS that called Kids Series.
When a add a source an navigate to "Kids Series" and add it...
I see the new Kids Hub. It open.... And i see the entry "Series"
When i open it i see again 2x "Series". Click on it and i see all my Series for Kids.
But how i open it directly?

My english is not the best. Hope you understand Smile

So what i want:
Main Menu - A Source Kids. - Work already
Kids Hub - Work already
At the HUB 2 enntrys "Series" and "Movies" - work already
click on "Series" or "movies" open a overview - dont work :/
What I did for my kids was a completely new user that gets loaded automatically (for their own savety) with a separate library so I could point tv-series/movies to their own folder on the nas. That way the interface is clean of highlights for movies that are not meant for their age (had Aliens pop up on the frontpage and scaring my little ones...).
Change color for menu not working! I am selected color for any item and after SAVE color is still empty. KODI 18.4 on android OS.
I often prefer to have my own images as the background on the home screen rather than a spotlight/widget.  Is there anyway easy way for me to change this via modifying something?  I see I can select one image on many skins but not a folder to rotate (Arctic Zephyr 2 is also like this).
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo]9