• 9(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-10-30, 14:33)maverick72 Wrote: Hey all,

anybody has any news if they are still on track for 1st november release? Still nothing on website, twitter, fb, etc.
I'm now actually unsure of the date as there have been a few Firmware hiccups as is natural with beta Test devices and testing of new Apps.
Like anything tech related it takes a while to iron out all the bugs particularly with new devices.

Ultimately its up to the Wetek guys when they want to push the button and launch.

The countdown on the website is only for the discount code.

Not for the release.
when it goes on sale ?
(2015-10-15, 21:25)SilverBlade Wrote: Read through the thread...

If it doesn't bitstream both DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, it's a failure. Simply, a failure, and doesn't distinguishes itself from the other 5000+ cheap android boxes out there..

Maybe it's not suitable for you, but if it can run Kodi well at the appropriate framerates AND run HD Netflix in Android, that absolutely differentiates it from the vast bulk of random Android boxes.

A hell of a lot of people don't care about missing HD audio, but practically everyone wants better than 480p Netflix.
When and where to buy this thing im tired of waiting im not going to keep wasting my time waiting.
(2015-11-04, 02:59)TorontoPaul Wrote: When and where to buy this thing im tired of waiting im not going to keep wasting my time waiting.

The thought is that it'll be offered for sale sometime pretty soon (the original projected date was Nov 1).

I love my odroid c1, but I'm really eager for this: Even the better SBC's like the C1 (and the lesser but very popular Raspberry Pi 2) are still fundamentally beta products. An open, finished product, with up to date official OS builds that fully work? Yeah, I'm into that. I'm not interested in tinkering anymore. I'm too old, and have too little time.

I wouldn't wait, if there was anything else comparable. But there's not.
Its preferable to wait and release the product with proper firmware...
The delay is due some "last minute" bugs found in beta forum, and its wise to wait a little longer.

Please note the Wetek doesn't run AndroidTV but the Normal Android Version, that means no dolby digital 5.1 for the netflix App, and it will be required to use a lot more the mouse/remote for some of the Apps of the android Market.

For some people im gone assure you its gone worth the wait..
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Christian Troy the Android WeTeK developer is finishing putting the final few features into the new WeTeK Lollipop launcher. It's minimal and simple, with a bunch of features thoughtfully hidden "under the hood" Smile

(2015-11-04, 03:36)couto27 Wrote: Please note the Wetek doesn't run AndroidTV but the Normal Android Version, that means no dolby digital 5.1 for the netflix App, and it will be required to use a lot more the mouse/remote for some of the Apps of the android Market.

Not that it affects me but this is an interesting point. So now that the Netflix HD problem has been addressed we find that with normal android Netflix doesn't allow 5.1? Is this restriction imposed by google/android or Netflix?

Either way all of this type of nonsense (I mean from the powers that be, not from WeTek) must be driving Netflix users crazy... Confused
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Are there any drive size restrictions with this box?

I'm thinking of getting one when it is released, but I have a 5TB (USB3) WD elements drive and I know that some boxes are iffy with drive sizes.
(2015-11-04, 03:36)couto27 Wrote: Please note the Wetek doesn't run AndroidTV but the Normal Android Version

Is this 100% confirmed?

Then, what about this video?

AndroidTV = Android 5+

The only difference is the launcher, which is "leanback" for what is commonly called AndroidTV
but there are soem app like youtube/netflix have one version for Android TV and one for Android OS or some app can not be installed on Android TV.

so wetek core have Android os + AndroidTV launcher or AndroidTV ?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
No, that Android TV OS launcher is just for internal testing as it has much reduced functionality on a unapproved Android TV OS device. (Notice how the Netflix App was missing)

Quote:...only Netflix for Android TV supports DD+, the regular Netflix app does not. Moreover Netflix for Android TV can be used only on a selection of Android TV based devices and Smart TVs, there are online controls on their server to deny access to all the other (unapproved) devices.

Approved Android TV OS devices are at the bottom of this list:
https://www.android.com/tv/

(2015-11-04, 11:41)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 03:36)couto27 Wrote: Please note the Wetek doesn't run AndroidTV but the Normal Android Version, that means no dolby digital 5.1 for the netflix App, and it will be required to use a lot more the mouse/remote for some of the Apps of the android Market.

Not that it affects me but this is an interesting point. So now that the Netflix HD problem has been addressed we find that with normal android Netflix doesn't allow 5.1? Is this restriction imposed by google/android or Netflix?

Either way all of this type of nonsense (I mean from the powers that be, not from WeTek) must be driving Netflix users crazy... Confused

The lack of 5.1 its a limitation of the Netflix APP.
Wetek runs the normal Android, but Its possible to run androidTV, the developer Christian made a test version of it, but i believe it will not be suported.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

• 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4