• 10(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-11-04, 17:51)couto27 Wrote: The lack of 5.1 its a limitation of the Netflix APP.
Wetek runs the normal Android, but Its possible to run androidTV, the developer Christian made a test version of it, but i believe it will not be suported.
Yep! Only Android TV version (com.netflix.ninja) has Dolby Digital Plus. The regular Android version for tablets/phones (com.netflix.mediaclient) will only have stereo.

Does the video show the Netflix app for Android TV?
No, its the regular Android Lollipop Version.

Roberto Jorge should really have shown the Core launching the Netflix app and Auto switching the TV into 24p before the App even started. For those of us who hate 3:2 pulldown judder during video playback, this really makes a difference to the viewing experience.

(2015-11-04, 18:51)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 17:51)couto27 Wrote: The lack of 5.1 its a limitation of the Netflix APP.
Wetek runs the normal Android, but Its possible to run androidTV, the developer Christian made a test version of it, but i believe it will not be suported.
Yep! Only Android TV version (com.netflix.ninja) has Dolby Digital Plus. The regular Android version for tablets/phones (com.netflix.mediaclient) will only have stereo.
it's nery bad news... and DTS?
it's temporary it will be fix, or it's netflix police?
Can be force to install com.netflix.ninja on andorid os?
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Which part of this did you not understand ?

Quote:...only Netflix for Android TV supports DD+, the regular Netflix app does not. Moreover Netflix for Android TV can be used only on a selection of Android TV based devices and Smart TVs, there are online controls on their server to deny access to all the other (unapproved) devices.
Approved Android TV OS devices are at the bottom of this list:
https://www.android.com/tv/

There are no workarounds, no hacks that will allow anything unapproved. Once you get to Widevine Level 1 DRM levels of protection all sort of safeguards and padlocks are put in place.

i not understand why wetek core is certificate for HD(1080p) but not for DD 5.1 ,it's half certificate.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Simple. Read the quote again, the WeTek Core simply does not run Android TV OS which is what is needed for DD+

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14163

I personally would use Android TV. I dont use mouse with the TV, and thats impossible with the regular Android. Maybe wetek should support two versions off the Android OS and the user can choose.
This is the new WeTek Core Launcher that is currently under testing, there are some nice options underneath the minimal interface.

All square icons, apart from the middle grid one are user changeable.
The Weather is user selectable, manual or auto location.
24p switching is available for any number of Android Apps, these are user selectable too.
I think a few more features will be added yet, maybe user selected background artwork if CT takes on some of my suggestions.

The one nice surprise I found is Kodi Audio still keeps playing if you exit Kodi itself. You can browse the Web and listen to your tunes Smile

Its a pretty quick, clean, slick interface and all about less is more.

(2015-11-04, 20:42)wrxtasy Wrote: All square icons, apart from the middle grid one are user changeable.

What square icons? I am not seeing any Wink
Ha Ha, Doh !
Square-ish then sometimes referred to as rectangles.

Too much Crossy Road, and I've now got my basic shapes all mixed up! Wink

(2015-11-04, 19:10)wrxtasy Wrote: No, its the regular Android Lollipop Version.

So you have to use the mouse?
From my stuff on the WeTek forums...
Quote:The only time I ever use the Air mouse function is sometimes to Pause and Search if I want to select individual episodes of a series which I rarely do anyway. The rest of the time its the Remote Directional-Pad and the middle OK button to select and start playback.
Use the Back button to Stop or exit. Netflix auto resumes playback from the point you stopped watching previously, just like Kodi does.

Thanks! That would have been a deal breaker for me.
Hi,and greetings from Bulgaria.I am interested in buying WeTek Core.I will play 95% of the time mkv files h.264 or h.265.Also 3D mvk files.I have old home cinema Sony DAV-DZ260 with only optical in,so my only interest is DD 5.1 and DTS.Will this product play dts and DD 5.1 from optical out?
My tv-Panasonik AX-750,so 4k playback will be fine to have
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4