• 21(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Photo 
I took some pictures which I think prove the tv is showing output and not input.(unfortunately I can't work out how to attach them and I'm only offered a url posting option) Both are from kodi with a 24 source movie. One picture shows 60hz from kodi with default kodi settings and real cinema is automatically disabled. Then when you tick"adjust refresh rate" on kodi you get 24hz displayed and real cinema is automatically enabled. Both have the same input, but have different outputs which are displayed. Surely that proves it's the output being displayed.
(2015-11-27, 00:28)MicMac Wrote: Can custom backgrounds be used instead of solid colours?
(2015-11-27, 12:37)ChristianTroy Wrote: Honestly I don't even like the idea because this launcher was born for being Material Design based, using MD palette, etc. IF quite some people ask for it I will bend and add it but like for the color of the drawer I don't even like the idea.
Who is skilled can edit (once decompiled the apk) the layout xml file of both and add a custom background though... Wink
I decompiled the launcher APK. I may be blind... I can't seem to find the layout.xml file. Any help. lol

Great launcher BTW. Any chance you could add the ability to pick the background color of apps that have been set as favorite? Or the ability to create custom app icons?

Edit:
Just a thought... When an app is set as favorite, it's displayed on the homescreen as a large rectangular icon. Is there any chance you could get your launcher to check favorited apps for android tv compatibility? If so, a better icon could be displayed. I believe android tv apps only require an argument and an ic_banner.png to be considered leanback compatible. You would just need your launcher to look for the ic_banner.png.

I'm not sure if this is possible. I figure it can't hurt to ask.
(2015-12-01, 02:00)MicMac Wrote: I decompiled the launcher APK. I may be blind... I can't seem to find the layout.xml file. Any help. lol

res/layout/fragment_launcher.xml for the main launcher section and res/layout/fragment_drawer.xml for the app drawer

Great launcher BTW. Any chance you could add the ability to pick the background color of apps that have been set as favorite? Or the ability to create custom app icons?

that could be done because if you notice there is a circular reveal when launching that app that uses the app's color but adding that will make that circular reveal useless (because you couldn't see it) and, moreover, the background of the favourite app would merge with the main background (the circular reveal is a feature of API >= 20 like the banner below, so if you tried it on a non LP device you can't see it)
Custom app icons for where? The drawer? I will add to the todo list the ability to install an icon pack zip file structured in a specific way.

Edit:
Just a thought... When an app is set as favorite, it's displayed on the homescreen as a large rectangular icon. Is there any chance you could get your launcher to check favorited apps for android tv compatibility? If so, a better icon could be displayed. I believe android tv apps only require an argument and an ic_banner.png to be considered leanback compatible. You would just need your launcher to look for the ic_banner.png.

I'm not sure if this is possible. I figure it can't hurt to ask.

it's already like this, and the very same reason why they are set as rectangles (but I'm a fan of Windows' tiles to be honest), every app is probed for a banner, this API though is available only starting from LP so if you tried it on a device running, let's say, Kitkat, that API is not available and the function to get a banner won't be used.
If you take a loot at my video you will see that YouTube and WeUpdate are shown as a banner.

this
Today I added the option to hide apps and I just finished support for theme supplied as zip files, I still have to test it better but it looks like it's working Wink

The theme will allow to override regular icons and banner. You will have to create a zip file with this structure:

info.txt includes the configuration and is structured like this:

Code:
packageName;iconFileName;bannerFileName

remember to separate them with a semicolon, you don't have to put both an icon or a banner, you can use only one of them but in case keep the field empty, example:

Code:
com.droidlogic.videoplayer;weupdate.png;weupdate_banner.png
com.android.browser;;browser_banner.png
com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad;mxplayer.png;

here "com.droidlogic.videoplayer" has set both an icon and a banner, "com.android.browser" just a banner and "com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad" just an icon

icons should be the standard xhdpi resolution for a launcher icon (so they look crisp at every dpi), so 96x96 pixels
banners are the standard android tv size: 320x180 pixels.
Looks awesome!
Man, I'm looking forward to this box!
Can this run skype using a logitech c920 webcam?
If on Linux it runs using UVC driver then it's ok.
Interesting looking player...if 7.1 passthrough ever comes to fruition I may get one. I have one question on these...
I currently use a USB to RS232 dongle on an RPi running a custom OE (with pyserial compiled in) to send serial commands to my projector (on/off, switch inputs). This helps with the WAF as the touch of a single button on the remote gets things running properly. I don't have access to them at the moment to specifically say what kind they are, but does anyone know if these kind of dongles work with the Core?
(2015-12-02, 04:42)MicMac Wrote: Man, I'm looking forward to this box!
With these delays it's starting to feel like a Kickstarter project! Rofl
@doug

if it's only a usb 2 serial driver (to use on android) that you need I might compile it for you if it's not using pl2303, ftdi_sio or cp21x that are the one already enabled in the kernel config
Thanks, ChristianTroy
I bought it from Monoprice and they indicate it uses the Prolific PL-2303 chipset, so that's good news. Here's a sample snippet of python I use within Kodi on my RPi to communicate via pyserial:
Code:
import serial
ser = serial.Serial(port='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=19200, timeout=1)
ser.write("CR02\r")
Would it be that simple on Android too?
if you plug it in you should be good to go, /dev/ttyUSB0 should be automatically created but you will have to "chmod 666" it by telnetting to the device (that gives you a root prompt).

If you keep it plugged in all the time you can add the chmod entry to one of the scripts that are executed at every boot, like /system/xbin/kodi-permissions that is a script I put to set writable the paths that Kodi needs.

Android's kodi uses python, I don't know if you need any special library for serial (I see the import), but if it's something included in the core package of python you are good to go

edit:

if not, it can be easily done in Java with JSSC library: https://code.google.com/p/java-simple-se...C_examples
Great! I can do java. pyserial isn't standard in python. I had to add it.

Looking forward to 7.1... Wink
Released Dec 9th according to site
Yes finally !
Wetek Wrote:For those who made the pre-order for the online discount on our October countdown, should be able to buy it in the next few hours!
You'll get a early access to buy the new and awesome WeTek Core!

If you want to participate on a exclusive list, and be able to buy it before December 9, 2015, please, contact us on: www.wetek.com/contact
and... just say, "I want one WeTek Core before December 9, 2015"

Further details will be shared with you by email.

Hope you can all enjoy the possibilities of this amazing product!

Best regards.

• 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4