• 22(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Awesome news! Any word on price?
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...
Couldn't see it at first, but its on the forum page.
(2015-12-04, 15:00)MicMac Wrote: Awesome news! Any word on price?
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...
None yet, I'm guessing the pre-orders will be the first to find out!
Openelec will be ready on December 9th too?
I've been running OpenELEC 15.2rc3 on the Core since early October. I'm sure a final compile will be done shortly.
There has been a recent update to the Android Firmware as well by CT, the WeTek dev. that has improved the GUI speed noticeably Smile

Nice! Wrxtasy, how stable would you say the current software is? Decent purchase even on launch day?
Well since I started Beta testing in early October, there have been 3 or 4 Firmware updates. Each getting faster and adding more features to the custom WeTek launcher.

One update fixed a serious issue whereby the HDCP keys became corrupted, this would have caused serious problems with 1080p DRM streaming apps. This has since been fixed, a while ago now.

I just leave the Core on 24/7, it draws very little power and everything just works when I go to use it again. Seems pretty fast and stable to me, in a nicely integrated package. Smile

I currently have the PCH A400 and I'm very interested in the Wetek Core. Can the Core be controlled from a tablet similar to the A400 which allows the tablet to display coverart etc.? I searched around and I don't see tablet control mentioned so I am assuming it is not available but since this can run both Android or Openlec I may have missed it. Thank you in advance.
wrxtasy, do you know what power supply the Core needs?

I run my current box from the USB port on my TV so that the power is only on while the TV is on, do you think I will be able to do the same with the core?
(2015-12-04, 15:08)lstar337 Wrote:
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...

They charged me in Euros... on the 4th of November.....
(2015-12-04, 17:14)mat57400 Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 15:08)lstar337 Wrote:
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...

They charged me in Euros... on the 4th of November.....
Do you feel like sharing how much?
(2015-12-04, 16:10)Tunaman00 Wrote: I currently have the PCH A400 and I'm very interested in the Wetek Core. Can the Core be controlled from a tablet similar to the A400 which allows the tablet to display coverart etc.? I searched around and I don't see tablet control mentioned so I am assuming it is not available but since this can run both Android or Openlec I may have missed it. Thank you in advance.

(2015-12-04, 16:18)lstar337 Wrote: wrxtasy, do you know what power supply the Core needs?

I run my current box from the USB port on my TV so that the power is only on while the TV is on, do you think I will be able to do the same with the core?
These two questions need to be answered by a WeTek company representative with more experience with Android on WeTek devices.

Well Istar, I actually purchased the "play" ( I think it's called) Thinking I was buying the Core...
When I realized my mistake I called support and talked to a nice fellow told me he will likely finalize the price.... I even bought a remote thinking again I might need one but my entire order was wrong as I was ordering the old version.... I know Wetek has about $ 150.00 Euros of mine but again for the wrong purchase so I'm waiting for support to contact me for finalizing the purchase as I might some additional stuff I just don't at this stage.
Like all of us, I'm waiting....
(2015-12-04, 17:38)mat57400 Wrote: Well Istar, I actually purchased the "play" ( I think it's called) Thinking I was buying the Core...
When I realized my mistake I called support and talked to a nice fellow told me he will likely finalize the price.... I even bought a remote thinking again I might need one but my entire order was wrong as I was ordering the old version.... I know Wetek has about $ 150.00 Euros of mine but again for the wrong purchase so I'm waiting for support to contact me for finalizing the purchase as I might some additional stuff I just don't at this stage.
Like all of us, I'm waiting....
Ah, thanks for sharing! I hope you get it all sorted and get your core.
Got one. Its cheaper than the play!!

Edit: the price is 119,99 EUR without the discount for early adopters. Very good price imho.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4