• 29(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Openelec with Isengard will be an option too?
I own a Wetek Play too and it works with Isengard. I share my database so I need same version in both devices.
(2015-12-10, 15:57)HCarvalho Wrote: How long does the reboot in this device takes? I need to reboot and it's stuck on the wetek core logo
Sometimes it does a bunch of housekeeping and Optimising of Apps in the background for the first boot or after a Firmware update, but subsequent reboots take about 40 seconds. If its stuck on the opening White screen with the WeTek Logo for quite a while its time to cut the power.

Thanks, that was what I did, didn't had time to test it properly, but every H265 file that I played using Kodi the video and audio were out of sync, the H264 file that I tested played correctly, I set the Wetek at 1080p 24p, my tv is a Panasonic 50 VT60 and my receiver is a Pioneer. Could this be something to do with the auto frame rate switch that Kodi uses?
(2015-12-10, 15:20)droidelec Wrote: OpenELEC with Kodi Jarvis for WeTek Core MicroSD Card image:

Code:
https://mega.nz/#!1MwCGIaZ!vDpF-hgTTP7FdIo2UIOLNVkxp8E04pTb_HC88aetQhU
Does 23.976 (or whatever the AML variant is) & refresh-rate switching (for other framerates) work under OE as well? And, is this a custom OE build?

Excited I'll be getting a Core to play with. Coupled with Koying's news today about 3D MVC capability soon in any AML device, it'll be great to see it on Core, hopefully not too long thereafter, especially with Wetek's well-regarded support.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Also, every time that I'm playing a movie in Kodi and press the down arrow to access the in movie menu, the screen flickers to black for a second, is this normal?
(2015-12-10, 16:49)HCarvalho Wrote: Thanks, that was what I did, didn't had time to test it properly, but every H265 file that I played using Kodi the video and audio were out of sync, the H264 file that I tested played correctly, I set the Wetek at 1080p 24p, my tv is a Panasonic 50 VT60 and my receiver is a Pioneer. Could this be something to do with the auto frame rate switch that Kodi uses?
I'm not sure what you have done, but you have a config problem either in the Android settings or Kodi. No playback issues here, apart from the ones I outlined on Page #1. To fix this problem you are first going to have to take the Pioneer out of the HDMI chain. Connect direct to the TV to eliminate that variable.
Where exactly did you set this 24p, in Kodi or the Android settings ?

Damn double post

Android, at the beggining, when I used the box for the first time.
Go back into Android settings > Display > Screen Resolution and change that back to "switch to best resolution", because Android Apps will not work properly setting the Android GUI to 24p.
Automatic Refresh Rate should also be selected ON in the other Settings Menu.

In Kodi, you want to only select this:
Settings > System > Video > Playback > Adjust Display refresh rate > On Start/Stop

You can also set a couple of seconds time delay to allow Kodi to pause playback whilst the TV refresh rate switches.

Thanks, will test these when I get home.
(2015-12-10, 16:52)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 15:20)droidelec Wrote: OpenELEC with Kodi Jarvis for WeTek Core MicroSD Card image:

Code:
https://mega.nz/#!1MwCGIaZ!vDpF-hgTTP7FdIo2UIOLNVkxp8E04pTb_HC88aetQhU
Does 23.976 (or whatever the AML variant is) & refresh-rate switching (for other framerates) work under OE as well? And, is this a custom OE build?

Excited I'll be getting a Core to play with. Coupled with Koying's news today about 3D MVC capability soon in any AML device, it'll be great to see it on Core, hopefully not too long thereafter, especially with Wetek's well-regarded support.
23.976 video output works on any OS distribution you want to play with on AMLogic platforms so long as you use an up to date modified Frame Rate Automation Linux Kernel. Same for Refresh Rate Switching.
There are going to be quite a few experienced hands working on the AML platform come the new year. I know of at least 3 reputable groups playing with various AML projects.

(2015-12-10, 17:29)wrxtasy Wrote: 23.976 video output works on any OS distribution you want to play with on AMLogic platforms so long as you use an up to date modified Frame Rate Automation Linux Kernel. Same for Refresh Rate Switching.
Would that include the official and/or latest beta builds? Guess what I'm wondering is if there will be Wetek Core specific OE builds as there have been with Play here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
These OE builds are from Codesnake using all the common AMLogic OpenELEC stuff, similar stuff as you see going into the official OE / Wetek Play.
A lot of OE AMLogic Kodi and Firmware patches and Kernel stuff originates from the Codesnake mothership. Even the underlying Kernel that powers the Android OS on the WeTek Core.
There is some crossover with the OpenELEC guys as WeTek are a OpenELEC sponsor.

These unofficial builds for the Core will be as good as you get from OpenELEC themselves. They are a specific WeTek Core compile. unofficial in name only.
You will even be able to compile your own OE releases for the Core shortly when Codesnake's GitHub repo is updated.

As WeTek prefer all transparent and opened, soon we will push all patches regarding Core to official OpenELEC Repository.

Btw. regarding Play/Core, we are working on new Experimental Video decoder which will be used under Linux/OpenELEC. There are already available experimental/testing builds for Play with new Video decoder at http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-p...r-openelec

Once when it is done we will release it, so we guess all AMLogic community will have benefit of it Wink
(2015-12-09, 20:41)Gmjh Wrote: 99 euro? The website says 119 and that's what I was charged. Plus 20 for express delivery. But considering it's going from Slovenia to the UK and is apparently arriving tomorrow that's pretty good value.
I fail to see how express delivery could have got it here faster. I have just got mine (next day) and I chose the free 3-7 day delivery!
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4