• 55(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Well I guess your case is isolated one. At WeTek Forums You can ask support for replacement of your device. In case ethernet not working at all then you have issue with your device but in case it work under Android it should work under OE as well. Try to supply kodi.log and dmesg log.

Commands:

dmesg | pastebinit

cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
There are a few customers with the same problem as you can see in their forum. Not just me.
That's the reason why I'm asking for their progress. If finally I will have to replace my unit I would prefer to do it ASAP. But if they are working with this issue maybe they could tell us something.
@Milkado

It's not your Core that is affected and it most likely behaves like all other devices.
Can you please confirm that you have no problems using Android on the WeTek Core?

If so, this is not a HW related issue and also not KODI related. We only released OpenELEC test builds and some issues are expected.
If you are able to provide any logs that might help debug your problem they would be highly appreciated.

I'll ask codesnake to compile a new test build with more debugging options enabled so we might understand better the source of this problem.
I have the same issue with ethernet in OpenELEC. Before android update I got wrong MAC address, now it's fine. But the issue remains.
I mean, eth0 gets IP, DNS, etc. correctly and it's working for few minutes perfect, then disconnects and I cannot connect anymore.

Let me know what kind of logs you would like to get.

ps. wlan's MAC address is wrong but it's working OK though. Router shows 65/65 Mbits link speed, it's way too low, same speed have smart bulbs (macbook 600/540Mbits)
Hi @WeTek.neo
You are right, I have no problems using Android. It is just an Openelec issue. But I bought your Core just to use Openelec (as I do with My Wetek Play).

I provided all information I could get in your forums and even made two videos. And I was talking with your email support many times.
As I can not access to my Core with Openelec, never had a log file. But issue is well known as @yazz007 comments (wrong MAC address, no ethernet connection...)
My unit is far from my router so I never use wlan connection.
(2015-12-29, 11:07)Milkado Wrote: OTA didn't fix that issue at all. Problem is still there and my Core is one of the those affected. I cann't use any version of Openelec because my ethernet is useless.
I would like to have any information about this. I'm sure they are doing their best to find a solution but it would be good to know their progress (if any).

What exactly problem you have with ethernet on Core? Please post you ifconfig output.
I'm sure you already know this thread: http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-c...k-problems
But again: MAC address is not the same as it is in Android, no ethernet connection at all (LAN or internet), so, no connection to my NAS using Samba, NFS or any other way. It doesn't matter wich Openelec release is used.
After more or less 6 disk images, 2 videos (that you could find in Wetek forum http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-c...sues/page2) I gave up. In the meantime I have to use Android and don't want to make more tests.

Those are the things that worries me. You ask for information that you already know. It seems that it is the first time you hear that (supossing that you are part of Wetek staff, sorry if not).
I was asking for information about your progress but sometimes seems that you don't know that the problem exists. If so, I can not expect that it will be fixed soon.

I don't know what do you mean with ifconfig output, sorry.
@ codesnake

I'm glad you've popped up here Alex.

Here is my Retail Core connected via Ethernet, OpenELEC 6.0.0, your Github Kernel / Firmware sources.

Code:
ifconfig
http://sprunge.us/GgYX

Code:
cat /proc/cmdline

Quote:init=/init console=ttyS0,115200n8 no_console_suspend ramoops.mem_address=0x04e00000 ramoops.mem_size=0x100000 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 storage=1 cvbsdrv=0 vdaccfg=0xa000 logo=osd1,loaded,0x15100000,1080p,full hdmimode=1080p cvbsmode=576cvbs androidboot.firstboot=1 hdmitx= mac=e8:18:63:50:a1:b2 boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2

BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img console=tty0 consoleblank=0 scaling_governor=hotplug scaling_min_freq=96000 scaling_max_freq=1992000 systemd.show_status=auto mac=e8:18:63:50:a0:43 boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img console=tty0 consoleblank=0 scaling_governor=hotplug scaling_min_freq=96000 scaling_max_freq=1992000 systemd.show_status=auto

Hardware Stickered MAC Address is e8:18:63:50:a1:b2

OpenELEC Kodi reports: MAC Address e8:18:63:50:a0:43

Static IP set in my router of course fails to be assigned to the Core if associated with MAC address of e8:18:63:50:a1:b2 when running OpenELEC.
This same Router assigned Static IP works in Android however as the Core is actually reporting the correct Hardware MAC address to back to the router.

Why the conflicting Kernel cmdline MAC addresses and Incorrectly reported Ethernet MAC HWaddr in ifconfig ?

Maybe the wrong MAC is used in uboot config.

I wanted to order the core today. But the increased price to 120€ stopped me... :-(
@wrxtasy Please check the source code at: https://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.tv....conf#L474
There was fake MAC address inserted (this was done for older bootloader so IP address didn't change after every reboot). Now it was removed, but I'm sure still present in your build.
@codesnake I got new cmdline and correct mac for ethernet but ethernet keeps disconnecting. Wrong MAC (HWaddr 94:A1:A2:8C:43:FA) remains for WIFI though.
@codesnake,

Edit, scratch all that. Yes you are correct. My OE sources are not up to date, since the bootloader fix.
Found the offending .conf line.

Recompiling now...with the preferred Interactive Governor Wink

Thanks Alex, MAC address Spoofing fixed.
Extra speed now with Interactive set too Smile

@wrxtasy Have you updated android from file not just online? In my case it helped to get correct mac for eth
wrxtasy - could you post a link to the OpenElec builds in your Post #1? Probably a useful place for people who are looking for them?

** EDIT - I see it is in your signature - but I think it might help people if it was explicitly posted as part of that post? Possibly alongside the firmware update link? **
Yes I can, but I'm reluctant until OE achieves networking connection reliability on the Core for all users.

Plus I'm still not happy after playing around with OpenELEC for 6 months now on various AMLogic SoC's, because there is NO VSync for the OE Kodi GUI - this is still producing bad GUI tearing issues across all AMLogic fbdev OpenELEC platforms. Sad

If you play background video behind the GUI, VSync activates and the Kodi GUI is nice and smooth then.

If I had the C++ Kernel skills I would fix this VSync issue myself !

Its driving me around the bend as I see the OE Kodi GUI tearing very clearly, everytime now. Its actually worse on the S812-H equipped Core than my older S805 C1.
Kodi Skins with white background have really bad tearing. Sad Sad

Experienced Kodi / AMLogic C++ Kernel guys will have to get involved to provide a permanent VSync hook for Kodi to manipulate, There will be a LOT of grateful OpenELEC users across all AMLogic S8xx platforms if this happens.

Codesnake may chime in here....

• 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4