• 58(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Mouse function can be turned off as well by pressing Microphone button.
(2016-01-02, 00:25)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2016-01-01, 16:28)wrxtasy Wrote: The WeTek Core launcher can be configured to boot straight into Kodi if you want that as well.

Where do I find that?... I've gone through everything and must be missing it.

Also, in an earlier post I believe you mentioned that you could not turn off the mouse once you turned it on... I found out by accident that if you press the power button once, the mouse cursor goes away!
Yes..
There are all sorts of functions available on both the main WeTek Launcher screen and from within the App Drawer if you Short and Long press the remote control buttons numbered 3, 4, 5 and the OK one.

Short Press Button No. 3 to access the Launcher Config Screen > Start Automatically an Application on Boot...

Beginners Guide - Click Here

Some remote control tips that will make your life a lot easier:
- Go into Android settings and decrease the Speed / Sensitivity of the Air Mouse. This is the very first thing everyone should do. You will find it very accurate and easier to use then.
- The buttons are designed for short travel button pressing, it all a matter of getting used to it. Makes for very fast GUI navigation.
- To disable the Air Mouse you press the Microphone button or lay it down somewhere for 10 or so seconds.
- Disable the Mouse and Touchscreen function in Kodi > Settings > System > Input Devices first to prevent GUI confusion.
- Keymap Editor Addon is your friend to reprogram a Stop button during full screen video playback only in Kodi. Takes 4 minutes. (I use the Back button)
- Kodi Jarvis has Short and Long press functions for the Remote control as well.
Eg. Long Press the back Button to Stop video playback. Short press to go Back. No Keymap Editor needed then. Smile

Thanks for the help! Everything within Kodi seems to be working great! However... I've got some occasional video judder from that Netflix download you posted, and on 2 occasions it has dropped the credentials. Anyone else seeing any issues?
There's at least three threads about Netflix issues with the core on the core forum. No fix has been done yet but as they fixed kodi it may get done.

http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-core/android-aa
(2015-12-29, 20:48)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes I can, but I'm reluctant until OE achieves networking connection reliability on the Core for all users.

Plus I'm still not happy after playing around with OpenELEC for 6 months now on various AMLogic SoC's, because there is NO VSync for the OE Kodi GUI - this is still producing bad GUI tearing issues across all AMLogic fbdev OpenELEC platforms. Sad

If you play background video behind the GUI, VSync activates and the Kodi GUI is nice and smooth then.

If I had the C++ Kernel skills I would fix this VSync issue myself !

Its driving me around the bend as I see the OE Kodi GUI tearing very clearly, everytime now. Its actually worse on the S812-H equipped Core than my older S805 C1.
Kodi Skins with white background have really bad tearing. Sad Sad

Experienced Kodi / AMLogic C++ Kernel guys will have to get involved to provide a permanent VSync hook for Kodi to manipulate, There will be a LOT of grateful OpenELEC users across all AMLogic S8xx platforms if this happens.

Codesnake may chime in here....
I too would be very keen to see this issue resolved.
However I have found that playing a video in the background is not a complete cure, though it does make a huge difference, in some skins the issue remains.

I wrote a little more about this in another thread. http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-c...#post23235

(2015-12-29, 22:36)droidelec Wrote: wrxtasy I can confirm that we are working on GUI tearing issue for S8xx on OpenELEC.
Well it is good news that somebody is looking into it.
Hi ,

I have a wetek core with the latest OTA update but if I compare the live tv ( kodi ) with a intel n3150 braswell board I find the picture not the same quality the colors are off and the picture look not so stable as the intel board. The signal is coming from tvheadend ,dvb-c 1080P broadcast.

Is deinterlacing default on with the core ( can not find any setting in kodi )

For testing purposes I use the same HDMI port on my panasonic gt30.
(2016-01-04, 16:03)lstar337 Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 22:36)droidelec Wrote: wrxtasy I can confirm that we are working on GUI tearing issue for S8xx on OpenELEC.
Well it is good news that somebody is looking into it.

Seems we fixed GUI tearing. Soon we will push new OE builds and code to our GitHub Wink
Nice one D !

This will benefit the entire AMLogic Kodi community not just the WeTek devices. Smile

Sure wrxtasy, once when build is released we will push all kernel code changes to our GitHub account.
(2016-01-04, 19:17)droidelec Wrote: Seems we fixed GUI tearing. Soon we will push new OE builds and code to our GitHub Wink
Ooh, if this is correct then thank you very much for your effort.

(2016-01-04, 19:37)wrxtasy Wrote: Nice one D !

This will benefit the entire AMLogic Kodi community not just the WeTek devices. Smile
And thank you wrxtasy for your campaigning!

I will be happy to test this out as soon as possible.
Hi,

I'm having an issue when using this build on my core that SD videos have out of sync audio.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Apologies, I posted this on the wrong thread. I meant to post in the thread where wrytasy had an openelec only build.

Thanks,

R.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
Could you provide some more information on the files you are trying to play.
- get the media info
- get kodi logs
- are you using a AVR?
Received my Core today Smile
And here are some questions (sorry *g*)

1. How can i change the sensity of the air mouse. just found a menu entry, where i can activate/deactivate the remote (did not notice any difference)
2. The latest update is installed. How about the 24p content. Does Kodi 15.2 set it by itself? Sync Playback is activated
3. Netflix: Is EVERY content from netflix in 24p? or do i have to set the switch manually and every content just will be played in 24p?

Thank you!
(2016-01-05, 21:44)clickingfast Wrote: Received my Core today Smile
And here are some questions (sorry *g*)

1. How can i change the sensity of the air mouse. just found a menu entry, where i can activate/deactivate the remote (did not notice any difference)
It's in a different menu - think it's more allied to touch/mouse sensitivity (Android doesn't really understand the remote control concept outside of Android TV) wrxtasy will pop up in a minute to confirm. I found it after a bit of digging in Android settings. Took a few minutes of looking. Can't remember precisely where it was.

Quote:2. The latest update is installed. How about the 24p content. Does Kodi 15.2 set it by itself? Sync Playback is activated

If you have Adjust Display Refresh Rate on Start/Stop enabled in Video settings (think it's in Playback) then it should work. You probably don't need Sync Playback enabled unless you have 24/23.976 issues.

Quote:3. Netflix: Is EVERY content from netflix in 24p? or do i have to set the switch manually and every content just will be played in 24p?

Most but not all. I'd expect movies and US scripted drama and 'film' comedy to be 23.976p. European stuff may well be 25p (if you see horrific judder then disable Netflix switching to 24Hz in the Refresh Rate Switcher app) and manually switch the video output to 1080/50p (which I think you can do) and some 'video' stuff in the US may be 29.97 (so best output at 1080/59.94p or 60p)
Wow that was quick! thank you!

I was thinking that netflix may has the same Display Refresh Rate Adjustment like Kodi has. May be it will be there sometimes. It's not very user friendly, if he must look and decide wether the content is 24p or 25p.

Another thing: Is the WeTekNewLauncher 1.2.1 not compatible to the latest update of the Core? I cannot it install it. I get just the message "not installed".
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4