• 60(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-01-07, 14:43)Koying Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 14:27)wrxtasy Wrote: BTW Koying, I would like to talk to you if possible about 4K playback issues with Jarvis on AML platforms. I think the U1 had problems as well. ?
I'm not aware of any, but only used S905 for a while. Please open a thread and ping me.

Ok, thanks after I grab dinner here. I recall one of the Minix posts where someone mentioned it and one of the mods believed it was fixed.
Anyway I will grab a Log from OpenELEC (same behavior as Android Jarvis too) and shoot you a ping.

(2016-01-07, 14:14)wrxtasy Wrote: There are patches for speeding up file browsing, also for disabling looking into .zip archives and some others that escape me at the moment.

This definitely helps if you place it as a autostart.sh file into the /.config directory to git rid of the GodAwful Hotplug CPU Governor !
Code:
# A simple script to change the WeTek Core's S812-H CPU Governor from the dammed awful HotPlug to OnDemand
# by wrxtasy

# available Freq: 96000 192000 312000 408000 504000 600000 696000 816000 912000 1008000 1104000 1200000 1296000 1416000 1512000 1608000 1800000 1992000
#!/bin/bash

echo 1992000 >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The "Interactive" Governor is really the best as it ramps up quicker again than On Demand.
Linux Kernel changes need to be done for that and I know where they are Smile

I've got a bunch more as well that I've had on the OODROID C1+ but need to see what Kernel changes (if any) have happened first to really get stuck in.
Are you likely to do a release with all your little upgrades in?
(2016-01-07, 13:07)Milkado Wrote: Thank you very much @droidelec
I will wait to the 6.0 version. I need it because I share my database with other devices. And of course I will test ethernet issue with it (I'm affected).

Milkado as promissed, here is OE 6.0 build with all fixes as OE 7.0 test build

OpenELEC 6.0 Build - SD-Card image:

https://mega.nz/#!9U5kSCTT!OmAcPXQdcKPat..._Ljtbo3swo

OpenELEC 6.0 Build - .tar update file:

https://mega.nz/#!hFpwhYBQ!Xu4Oq44xtWH9U...58YzLX-KCk

Change log:

- GUI tearing issue for S8xx
- Ethernet issues under OE
- Video decoder issues
I will link these up to Post Number #1 on this thread.

Need confirmation as well the Network connectivity issues are fixed from actual end users ?
(Mine has never had ethernet problems)

(2016-01-07, 14:14)wrxtasy Wrote: This definitely helps if you place it as a autostart.sh file into the /.config directory to git rid of the GodAwful Hotplug CPU Governor !
Is this the 'Configfiles' folder which is accessible through share? I don't see or have access to a /.config directory.

Is there any indication that the code is being applied? I put the file in the 'Configfiles' directory but I am not seeing any indication of anything being applied or any significant performance boost.

If I run your interactive governor patch posted earlier, does that help openelec too or just android?
Droidelec, thank you very much for your work. I suppose this is the same version that I could find in Wetek forums this morning, isn't it? If so, I have my image ready and will test it this afternoon.
Wrxtasy, I will inform about network issues asap since I am one of those who suffer it from the beginning.
My eth network issue is fixed Smile Still connected - so far so good.
wrxtasy, my ethernet connection is fixed too!!!!! Terrific!

After one hour of use:
- Connection with my Mac via Samba: OK
- Mac address as it should
- Connection with my NAS via NFS: OK
- Installing addons: OK

My Core is now configured just like the other 3 devices in my home (2 profiles, Aeon Nox and shared database).

Tomorrow I will make the final test: seeing a complete movie using my projector (23.976 frame rate not tested yet) and my A/V (toslink not tested yet). Till now I'm using a TV close to my Mac to make the tests.
I'm sure it will work (it works using Android). I'm very happy!
Thank you wrxtasy and all the Wetek staff.
Hmm..as well as the slowdown in the GUI, I am seeing some pretty shakey 23.976fps performance with this release. Lots of stuttering in pan shots and even still dialogue scenes. I didn't see any of this with the wrxtasy build I upgraded from. I'm not sure what's going wrong here.
I've also noticed some GUI slowdowns and few of my movies plays in "slow motion" in 24p mode. i.e:
Code:
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format_Profile                   : [email protected]
Format_Settings_CABAC/String     : Yes
Format_Settings_RefFrames/String : 5 frames
MuxingMode                       : Header stripping
CodecID                          : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration/String                  : 1h 44mn
BitRate/String                   : 5 955 Kbps
Width/String                     : 1 280 pixels
Height/String                    : 720 pixels
DisplayAspectRatio/String        : 16:9
FrameRate_Mode/String            : Constant
FrameRate/String                 : 23.976 fps
ColorSpace                       : YUV
ChromaSubsampling                : 4:2:0
BitDepth/String                  : 8 bits
ScanType/String                  : Progressive
Bits-(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.270
StreamSize/String                : 4.24 GiB (71%)

Maybe because of:
Code:
MuxingMode                       : Header stripping

EDIT: movies are OK, I played second time and all are fine and smooth. Have no idea why before playback was choppy, sorry
Pull up the Codec info OSD page, you may have to attach a Keyboard and hit the O key.

if you see:
dc: ff-mpeg4, then you are getting ffmpeg Software decoding of video files which is causing the Slowdowns on Highbitrate scenes.
Basically a patch is needed for the Kodi code itself and is likely missing to Hardware accelerate mpeg4 on AMLogic devices.

No, mine says: P(FR:23.976, VQ1%, DC:AM-H264,MB/S:6.55, DROP:1, SKIP:433, PC:NONE)

VQ is flashing between 1&0% SKIP is raising all the time. I measured that it skipped 98 frames in 1 minute.

CPU usage is what I would call high (CPU0 70% CPU1 50% CPU2 61% CPU3 39%) obviously these figures are always changing, but I don't think my X4 ever had values this high, they were always between the 5 & 20% mark.

Strange.

Interestingly, if I turn off hardware acceleration I get VQ:99% and barely any frame skips. CPU values are a little lower, but not by much!

It's odd, it's like the hardware acceleration isn't working.
Also just noticed that skips forward and back are awful under hardware acceleration, but work perfectly fine under software rendering.

So far turning of hardware acceleration has improved my box loads!
Have installed the OE7 Wetek Core testing build.

For fun I thought I'd try some 4K content connected to my UHD set (which accepts 2160/60p in 4:2:0 and 2160/30p and below in 4:2:2).

H264/AVC 3840x2160/24p and 4096x2160/24p content played very well - as they do on a Chromebox (note this is H264 NOT HEVC) This was sourced from various locations - one was an off-air recording from a DVB-S2 test. However H264 UHD (aka 4K) stuff is likely to be quite rare and is unlikely to be something that is encountered that much in the future.

H265/HEVC 3840x2160/50p and 3840x160/59.94p content played - but in what seemed like slow-motion. Not particularly surprising I guess given that the Core doesn't have HDMI 2.0 output - but pleasantly surprised I got pictures!. This was sourced from DVB-T2 test broadcasts in the UK in 2014 (World Cup and Commonwealth Games)

3D MVC and ISOs are played in 2D - but I think that is what is expected on the Core OE builds currently.
@noggin: have fun with this one: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/burosch1.mpg
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4