• 65(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
I'm just a humble user, but I still think it was wrong to remove CHD even though I do understand the reasons for doing so..still, it wouldn't do any harm to leave it alone.. It decodes the Killah sample like butter on my Mac mini and still works in Krypton (save for fastforwarding, which I haven't looked at yet). And it's bitperfect with btb and wtw and all, which is finally coming to Intel with EGL. I test it all with an AppleTV, but it's really about making it work in old school mac minis, because the fan will go crazy esse with software decodingSmile So Thanks to Davilla for thatSmile
(2016-01-10, 00:12)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 00:08)MrMC Wrote: If AMLCodec is removed, then say goodbye to every OpenElec distro (ie WeTek) running on AML hardware. Just an FYI as to the result.

That's exactly my point. I am not payed by companies making money with this port and I don't invest my time for them to make money. Either they contribute or the code in Kodi repo will be history.
With this thought process in mind and with reference to my VidOn GPL compliance and analysis thread, I'm asking the Kodi community:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252356

1) if VidOn should be put on the GPL Violators list that already exists for this very purpose ?
2) if this GPL Violators list should not be put Front and Centre on the Kodi.tv home page ?

Jeez if you talk about companies making money of AML code and basically raising the middle finger to the XBMC / Kodi devs. I have not seen a more blatant example of this than the VidOn company.

(2016-01-10, 02:10)stefansaraev Wrote: oh. and we should remove wailand too. it's damn unmaintained, for years. and blocks us from killing boost. yeah.

excellent point. I am happy to give my +1 to this pr. github does not forget code and if anybody wants to reactivate it, that's a starting point.

(2016-01-10, 02:10)stefansaraev Wrote: EDIT: and @FernetMenta I am sure you know very well what's included in osmc, and arch linux, and gentoo. and, with ALL due respect to rbpi maintainer. I have to tell you that most likely EVERY rpi distro has 200+ "backport" patchset, like OE had one for your x11 work. for years. when elupus blocked it..

don't get me wrong, I respect the various distros. I have given my development pov, i.e. a log file is useless for me if I don't see the sources code line by line.
(2016-01-10, 03:05)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 01:36)noggin Wrote: Interesting. I get a different result with wrxtasy's build #3 - I get a TAB 3D image squeezed into the top half of a TAB bottom output. So I get two quarter height strips with video in them. This is only the case for a 3D MVC, I just get 2D with a 3D ISO (which plays in 3D fine on a Pi 2).

What settings do you have for 3D output in System Video or Video Playback?

TAB is signalled in the VSIF bit of the HDMI signal - there are different codes for frame packed, HSBS and HTAB.
That is odd; so, just tested on my secondary 3D display (BenQ W1070 PJ) and I get the same results w/3D MVC MKV & 3D ISO (just as w/my primary 3D PJ Epson 5025UB):
- http://i.imgur.com/WFm14ts.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/yqIhfR6.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/Hf5G4Lf.jpg

Also, should clarify, I did choose "Play with 3d mode" for 3D ISO even though my pic #7 above shows "Play main title" highlighted.

Reinstalled Build #3 and it works to a degree. If I Play with 3D Mode on the ISO I get proper TAB (the Pi 2 implementation detects the MVC stream or presence of 3D files on the Blu-ray and doesn't need this). Jumping forward 10 minutes crashed my box. Rebooted. Played the 3D ISO again and it was again OK. Switched to a 3D MVC MKV and it juddered like crazy (but in TAB mode)

Good work people. So 3D MVC playback on the AMLogic stuff is getting there, albeit with TAB rather than Frame Packed full-resolution output. On my 2160p Passive 3D display (which is 1080p resolution for 3D) I think I see the resolution loss in HSBS (960x1080) more than I do in HTAB (1920x540), so it may be the better of the two ? (And it's perfect for people with Passive 1080p 3D displays who only get 540p res anyway...)

Also - Kodi in general doesn't seem to know it is in 3D TAB mode - as the GUI is still rendered in 2D (for the top right playback info UI this is OKish as you get a 2:1 stretched UI in one eye)
I really feel for the Kodi devs who put so much time and effort into something so great, only to sit back and watch companies profit from it. So I would like to offer my thanks to them for such a great piece of software.

It does seem a bit unfair though that only Wetek offer their support when there are so many companies out there making a profit and giving nothing back.

If there are companies out there violating GPL then they should be penalised in whatever way possible.

It reminds me of a lad when I was younger who would always expect everyone to share their football with him, but would pick and choose who to share his ball with. He soon learned his lesson when nobody wanted to play with him or his ball any more!
@noggin, yes, I'm not getting reliable 3D playback either. Some ISO's freeze soon after playback (only audio continues), but others play just fine. Top-and-bottom, but fine, unless in some 3D ISO's or MVC MKV's, you call up the OSD, do mode changes and/or skip ahead in the movies.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I think I made a mistake earlier. Yesterday I was checking both the C1 and the Core with 3D MVC. I think my original 4-strip report (with TAB squeezed into the top half of an HTAB output - i.e. 2 strips in the top half of the screen) was for the C1 not the Core.
Yes that was for the C1+ Noggin, a quick and dirty Jarvis hack it was as well. Isengard will be a bit better.
Its early days and I've yet to have a real proper look at 3D as the much wanted AML GPU drivers fixes got in the way.

So WeTek is coming out with a new S905 player,looks very interesting.

Wetek S905
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-11, 16:14)movie78 Wrote: So WeTek is coming out with a new S905 player,looks very interesting.

Wetek S905
Nice!! Comes with Dolby and DTS license too. The Core doesn't right if my memory is correct..

There is a brief thread about it here already: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255606

And on the Wetek forum here: http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-p...#post25910

Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-01-11, 16:32)BORIStheBLADE Wrote:
(2016-01-11, 16:14)movie78 Wrote: So WeTek is coming out with a new S905 player,looks very interesting.

Wetek S905
Nice!! Comes with Dolby and DTS license too. The Core doesn't right if my memory is correct..

I believe the Core will have Dolby and DTS licences enabled with the next Firmware update. There has been some sort of approval delay.

The day i finally get my Core, Wetek announce a new box. Oh well.
(2016-01-11, 17:43)wrxtasy Wrote:

Wetek S905

I believe the Core will have Dolby and DTS licences enabled with the next Firmware update. There has been some sort of approval delay.

Any update on the release date?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-11, 17:43)wrxtasy Wrote:

Wetek S905

Good news! Looking forward to this getting finalized.

• 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4