• 75(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
That is something patched in Android's audio HAL (the "man in the middle" between Android audio engine and the kernel)
(2016-01-28, 04:29)sandogo1 Wrote: do the open elect builds run better then the android ver

Well depend what you prefer. Some users prefer Android games and official streaming apps which are only available at Android, while other users like OpenELEC as lightweight and clean approach. Both are working nice and have good support. Anyway, You can always give a try to OpenELEC by installing it to micro SD card and by that way you preserve Android at NAND Flash.
Is anyone having the issue where it's hard to see stuff to choose the different choices when there highlighted?
(2016-01-28, 12:13)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 03:38)hdmkv Wrote: For the patch I tested, it was Android w/HD audio decoding to LPCM 5.1/7.1 (same as RPi2). You can get the OpenELEC builds here.

Is the new Multichannel PCM output mod added to the OpenElec builds? I thought it was possibly Android only?
What I had tested recently was under Android, but maybe they're working on OpenELEC as well?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Yes, we are working on solution for OpenELEC as well.
(2016-01-28, 14:39)sandogo1 Wrote: Is anyone having the issue where it's hard to see stuff to choose the different choices when there highlighted?

Best to bring questions like that to the Wetek forums. However, in the settings you should be able to change the colors to help with that.. and the next OTA should include a couple of extra settings to tweak the launcher.

Also, if you look on the Wetek forum you will find a release that includes the Android TV launcher.... which I tried and immediately went back to the cleaner look/feel of the native launcher, but your taste may be different.

I'm using the Android Jarvis RC1 release with this unit, and I have minimal issues. I have not tried Openelec on it yet, but that's because I really like being able to launch the native Netflix and Hulu apps from within Kodi... it keeps the Girlfriend Acceptance Factor high.
We just started seeding WeTek OS 1.1 for WeTek Core over our OTA server
Updating mine now!!!
The change log I've just seen says added HD audio pass through is this correct?
Nope, decoded and passed to LPCM for now, but looks like they'll have bitstreaming/passthru in future update.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Is there any point in downloading this update if you are just using OE?
No, no need to upgrade
(2016-01-28, 22:56)hdmkv Wrote: Nope, decoded and passed to LPCM for now, but looks like they'll have bitstreaming/passthru in future update.

We are currently testing HD Audio passthrough solution in Kodi for S812-H.
(2016-01-29, 15:17)ChristianTroy Wrote: No, no need to upgrade
Thanks.

(2016-01-29, 16:34)droidelec Wrote: We are currently testing HD Audio passthrough solution in Kodi for S812-H.
Excellent.
(2016-01-29, 16:34)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-01-28, 22:56)hdmkv Wrote: Nope, decoded and passed to LPCM for now, but looks like they'll have bitstreaming/passthru in future update.

We are currently testing HD Audio passthrough solution in Kodi for S812-H.

Cool
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4