• 99(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Quote:To install, unzip the provided archive and use a tool, such as Win32DiskImager ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/) to create a bootable SD-card.
Stupid question: how do you create a fresh mSD OpenELEC image again? I just got OpenELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.0-devel-20160128175943-r21955-g2500064.zip, but unzipping it gives you 3 files: factory_update_param.aml, OpenELEC-WeTek_Core.arm-7.0-devel-20160128175943-r21955-g2500064-update.zip, and recovery.img. Usually, for a fresh OE install, it's just a single .img file.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv

Probably you downloaded version for install to NAND. Anyway, from here you can download latest OpenELEC 7 build for microSD for WeTek Core:

https://mega.nz/#!ZcAkhChC!Vt8ox1A9K7aEW...UWW8mnhCas
(2016-02-20, 19:19)lukcinek Wrote: Sad It is wierd. Not everything works now. Before I try DTS-HD with KODI for Wetek and it works. Now it doesn't Sad On new Wetek Core Media player also doesn't work. My Pioneer ampli sess the signal for 2 second and DTS-HD logo dissapears and there is no sound. I have amcodec disabled. I don't know what is a reason of this situation Sad But thank You for dual boot!Smile It is more important for me.

H Lukcinek,

Check if You enabled in Android settings -> Sound -> Digital sound -> HDMI. Try rebooting AVR, should be working with WeTek Media Player 101% if it was working before on your AVR.
Is there going to support for Full 3D MVC for Core S805 or are guys just focusing on support just for the S905 boxes?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
We focus to support all our models, no matther if MX, S8xx or S9xx, of course if there is no HW limitations.
Excellent work by all devs involved w/WeTek OS 1.1.2 update. I did all my tests w/WeTek Media Player v2...

Audio:
  • AAC 5.1 = pass
  • Multichannel FLAC 5.1 = pass
  • DD5.1 = pass
  • DD+ 5.1 = pass
  • DD+ 7.1 = pass
  • Dolby TrueHD 5.1 = pass
  • Dolby TrueHD 7.1 = pass
  • Dolby ATMOS = pass (don't have ATMOS AVR to be certain, but got THD 7.1)
  • DTS 5.1 = pass
  • DTS HRA 5.1 = pass
  • DTS HRA 7.1 = pass
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 = pass
  • DTS-HD MA 7.1 = pass
  • DTS:X = pass (don't have DTS:X AVR to be certain, but got MA 7.1)
  • LPCM 5.1 = pass
  • LPCM 7.1 = pass
Video:
  • Excellent playback as detailed in my last review here
  • VC-1 29.970 (1080i) w/DTS-HD MA 5.1 = no audio, and kinda juddery video playback as noted by @wrxtasy and myself before (sample here)
  • MPEG2 4:2:2 = heavy green pixellated, audio okay. But, most media players can't play this fairly rare video type (sample here)
  • 23.976 w/DTS-HD MA = my projector confirms 23.976
  • 23.976 w/Dolby TrueHD = my projector says 24.000
The OpenELEC boot option is just terrific... talk about making it easy for all of us! Thanks WeTek.

I'll update my main review here in about a week as I'm off on a week-long work trip. But, overall grade now for WeTek Core is now a solid 'A'. At it's price-point, and the quality and support you get, you simply can't do better! Smile
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-02-20, 21:25)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 19:19)lukcinek Wrote: Sad It is wierd. Not everything works now. Before I try DTS-HD with KODI for Wetek and it works. Now it doesn't Sad On new Wetek Core Media player also doesn't work. My Pioneer ampli sess the signal for 2 second and DTS-HD logo dissapears and there is no sound. I have amcodec disabled. I don't know what is a reason of this situation Sad But thank You for dual boot!Smile It is more important for me.

H Lukcinek,

Check if You enabled in Android settings -> Sound -> Digital sound -> HDMI. Try rebooting AVR, should be working with WeTek Media Player 101% if it was working before on your AVR.

Hi. You always have rightSmile
Now everything (DTS-HD) works great!
Thank You once again.
@hdmkv

Many thanks for detailed test of new build and test report. We are focused now on new decoder for AMLogic based devices, and yes, we start some tests regarding possible solutions for 3D framepacked playback at MX/S8xx/S9xx.

@lukcinek

We are happy to see that everything is fine at your side Smile
So, my first post Smile

Considering buying this beauty. One important thing. I will be streaming most of my content through wireless from my PC to the Core into my Panasonic CX680 TV. My router is one room away, hardwired to my PC.

Will the Core be able to stream without stutters? Or should i consider the Minix U1 instead (i'd really prefer the Core). Also, no chance of going hardwire, as much i'd love to.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
@para-dox
what I suggest is using a modified advancedsettings.xml with increased buffering.

I use this with my Core that is in the living room (and the router in my bedroom), ~5mt distance with 2 brick walls in the middle and have no problems with high bitrate videos too (will take a bit longer to load those videos obviously but it does not buffer during playback) -> http://pastebin.com/raw/7Z0dCMCT
Just done the OTA update, and for the first time I've got both DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD bitstreamed from my Core to my Onkyo amp - from both Blu-ray folders and MKVs. Haven't watched for long enough to judge if they are 24.000 or 23.976 output. This is with the Wetek Media Player fork of Kodi. When watching one Blu-ray Folder and skipping between chapters I got a total crash.

I do notice A/V sync errors in Live TV with a TV Headend PVR client (this is watching 720/50p with AC3 audio)
A/V sync is a game of luck :-) but that will be solved soon, when we get the AMLogic rewrite.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-21, 13:39)noggin Wrote: Just done the OTA update, and for the first time I've got both DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD bitstreamed from my Core to my Onkyo amp - from both Blu-ray folders and MKVs. Haven't watched for long enough to judge if they are 24.000 or 23.976 output. This is with the Wetek Media Player fork of Kodi. When watching one Blu-ray Folder and skipping between chapters I got a total crash.

I do notice A/V sync errors in Live TV with a TV Headend PVR client (this is watching 720/50p with AC3 audio)

noggin

Please can you provide wetek mediaplayer.log so we can check about that crash.

Thanks
(2016-02-21, 13:51)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 13:39)noggin Wrote: Just done the OTA update, and for the first time I've got both DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD bitstreamed from my Core to my Onkyo amp - from both Blu-ray folders and MKVs. Haven't watched for long enough to judge if they are 24.000 or 23.976 output. This is with the Wetek Media Player fork of Kodi. When watching one Blu-ray Folder and skipping between chapters I got a total crash.

noggin

Please can you provide wetek mediaplayer.log so we can check about that crash.

Thanks

Yes - is there a guide to enabling it (if needed), and getting it off the box?
(2016-02-21, 13:42)fritsch Wrote: A/V sync is a game of luck :-) but that will be solved soon, when we get the AMLogic rewrite.

Yes unfortunately. At the moment the Core is relegated to secondary duties until that is sorted. Can't watch TV with sync errors.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4