• 108(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-03-09, 05:28)ChristianTroy Wrote: Many of the things that has been added to the Core in the last months were developed on S905 but I have backported them because there was no reason to keep them exclusive of the future line since the Core could handle them perfectly.
I want to thank Christian for doing this backporting from the S905 to the S812-H Core too, it really adds value to the device and pleases Kodi end users too Smile

What I will be interested to see regarding this porting is the performance of Android Lollipop 5.1.1 on a S805 equipped WeTek Streamer. It should work nicely if you run it in CPU Gov. Performance mode.

Is HD Audio Passthrough possible on that S805 device as well ?
What about HD Audio decode to Multichannel PCM ?

Where can I order from Canada ? wetekcanada.ca doesn't work, I wrote an email in the contact us section of the site... no reply... and no reply in this thread. Good support? I'm in doubt.
Thanks Christian,
I only need now a Core for my actual needs, but I prefer not having to buy another box in the next 6 months/ 1 year....
I don't have satellite now but probably in the short future I will have one.
It also seems that despite Wetek have a very good support for existing and former models the actual trend is to migrate to the S905 platform, That probably means more firmware/software updates in the future.
I like Wetek because for me the support and have a box without problems and aditional software or OS options is important for me. I know it cost money but I can pay the difference.
I also like the better hardware on the Play 2S compared with Core and if the difference in price it is not big I prefer to have a muscled box even if I don't need it (like some of you) Smile
The only pity for me is not knowing the price or when this product will be available (2nd quarter is so vage...) in order to take a decision Sad
(2016-03-09, 05:47)jeks Wrote: Where can I order from Canada ? wetekcanada.ca doesn't work, I wrote an email in the contact us section of the site... no reply... and no reply in this thread. Good support? I'm in doubt.

Drop email to support@WeTek.com they will be back to You in 1 hour Smile
Hi,

Wil there be Pulse8 libCEC compatibility in the kodi verion (wetek media player) on android.

It would be nice to control volume through ( cec) remote control of the Wetek Core
I am not sure if there is support for Android, as far as I know it is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac.
(2016-03-09, 12:29)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 05:47)jeks Wrote: Where can I order from Canada ? wetekcanada.ca doesn't work, I wrote an email in the contact us section of the site... no reply... and no reply in this thread. Good support? I'm in doubt.

Drop email to support@WeTek.com they will be back to You in 1 hour Smile

Ok thanks Smile
If running the Android OS, is it possible to control Wetek Core with TCP/IP? I use irule and would like to control it with TCP/IP or IR without needing an additional dongle.
You can control it using WeControl (that has also an iOS version) or using the Remote control client I did but it's Android only.

@wrxtasy
hd audio passthrough works on 805, the performance is not bad for being a less powerful solution, you see that specially when installing a big apk, that takes longer because it takes a lot of power to compile art bytecode
@CT
I hope you are giving that S805 some 1.72GHz Overclocking thrashing, it handles it easily. The GPU Mali Turbo mode definitely helps a LOT for GUI speed as well !

Aaahhh so that is what is going on during Firmware upgrades, Lollipop ART bytecode optimisation. Thanks, the penny has finally dropped !

Are you sure about WeControl for iOS, having a lot of trouble finding that App ?

Hmm, if there are apps that can control it then it must be using TCP/IP control. Hopefully we'll be able to get the commands so we can use them with other apps like Irule. It wouldn't exactly be convenient to have to switch between Irule and WeControl every time I want to switch from controlling TV (or receiver) volume to controlling Kodi, for example.
Hi,

is there any info if and when HD bitstreaming or multichannel PC will be avilable for OE on Wetek Core?
After we finish v4l video decoder for both Android/OpenELEC.
Could someone from Wetek confirm that the Wetek Theatre is going to get some much needed love? I'm very interested in these boxes and whilst Kodi is a fantastic app (which I fully support by the way) for me one of the main selling points of these boxes is the ability to watch TV on the play. I cannot find much on the Theatre app but from what I can find it seems to be lacking and badly needs help.

Any thoughts?
With the core you can use tvheadend (and therefore Kodi PVR for live tv) in android.

I would hope this will be available for the play 2.
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4