• 113(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-03-16, 08:02)ChristianTroy Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 22:02)SkOrPn Wrote: Do you mean it will be OTA as an option, or OTA as part of the next OS update?

I'm not quite sure if I understood the question... the possibility to switch automatically the refresh rate to match the detected fps of the video can be toggled on/off (globally, or you can keep it on and disable it per app).

I thought I had replied to the idea that you have a new experimental kernel that is going to be OTA soon. At least that is what I thought the other guy was talking about and what you replied about. Thus I was curious if the new kernel was part of the next OTA, or something being provided optionally if people are having the issue that it takes care of. I will assume it's part of the next OTA update. Lol
I'm waiting on my wetek core to arrive in few more days. Does somebody have IPTV on core?
(2016-03-14, 16:19)hdmkv Wrote: - Logitech K400 or K400 Plus... These remain my favorite whether Android, OpenELEC or Windows-based Kodi boxes
- Minix A2 Lite w/airmouse functionality (vs. touch)
- Alternative airmouse

Is the Logitech K400 (not the Plus version) plug and play with the Wetek Core? Also, does it work OK with Android or do you need the Plus version for Android?
(2016-03-18, 00:31)moslondon Wrote: I'm waiting on my wetek core to arrive in few more days. Does somebody have IPTV on core?
I don't use it myself but apparently this slick App works on the Core pretty well:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...ott#latest

(2016-03-18, 05:27)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-03-18, 00:31)moslondon Wrote: I'm waiting on my wetek core to arrive in few more days. Does somebody have IPTV on core?
I don't use it myself but apparently this slick App works on the Core pretty well:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...ott#latest

I did not know about IPTV until today and it seems is like roku with the private channels right? But kind better? when I get the core I´ll learn the most I can to take all the advantages it has to offer.
IPTV is kind of a generic term and can mean many things.
(2016-03-18, 07:11)Ned Scott Wrote: IPTV is kind of a generic term and can mean many things.

I liked it at the begining but after read on their forums now for me its something that is not 100% trusted and also a lot of the content on it i can get it for free. I was meaning the advantages of the core not that service... I friend of mine is trying to convince me to get the roku because he sells it but i dont like that service either.
I hope customer support for y'all is better than my experience. I placed an order for the Wetek Core but have decided not to pursue it. Unlike Amazon where you can cancel an order placed before it ships, I had no such option so I contacted customer support like 4 days ago and haven't heard back at all.

Not a great start imo. I am debating whether to file a dispute with Paypal now to get their attention.

*Edit - I want to thank @NedScott for helping out. Everything was sorted out. Thanks guys!
(2016-03-18, 19:49)fubag Wrote: I hope customer support for y'all is better than my experience. I placed an order for the Wetek Core but have decided not to pursue it. Unlike Amazon where you can cancel an order placed before it ships, I had no such option so I contacted customer support like 4 days ago and haven't heard back at all.

Not a great start imo. I am debating whether to file a dispute with Paypal now to get their attention.

Send a copy of that e-mail to ned (at) wetek.com and I'll make sure it reaches the right person.
(2016-03-18, 19:49)fubag Wrote: I hope customer support for y'all is better than my experience. I placed an order for the Wetek Core but have decided not to pursue it. Unlike Amazon where you can cancel an order placed before it ships, I had no such option so I contacted customer support like 4 days ago and haven't heard back at all.

Do you prefer a different android box? I have been reading reviews and comments about different devices and I think is the best android box for that price. I was told they'll star shipping orders after march 20th.
(2016-03-18, 19:54)moslondon Wrote:

Do you prefer a different android box? I have been reading reviews and comments about different devices and I think is the best android box for that price. I was told they'll star shipping orders after march 20th.

i think the core would be overkill for the usage I want out of it, and think the hub would be a better investment, hence the cancellation request if possible

*Edit - I want to thank @NedScott for helping out. Everything was sorted out. Thanks guys!

I am also considering canceling Core for a hub. Guess thats the problem of having so many devices available.

Guess no-one will have any hard evidence yet of advantages over each other....

annoying!
I ordered a Core over a month and I am waiting patiently for his arrival, all what I can read here just confirms my choice, I have no 4k tv and most of the technological features of the latest models do not interest me (not yet), when you're coming as me from an Openhour Chameleon, you can imagine how happy I am to get out of this nightmare :-)
(2016-03-19, 12:48)schweppy Wrote:

I am also considering canceling Core for a hub. Guess thats the problem of having so many devices available.

annoying!

What is the "HUB" you speak of?

I have not committed yet - originally the CORE looked like the best option (and I placed a reservation for one) but when the email came through I found out that it doesn't work the same in Canada (need to deal with a re-seller - not cheap). So re-visiting my options now...

I was waiting to place my order for the Core (in Canada, seems like the reservation doesn't apply the same here - sadly) as it seemed like the best bang-for-my-buck (until I get the new reseller price).
(2016-03-19, 21:00)Shaitan00 Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 12:48)schweppy Wrote:

annoying!

What is the "HUB" you speak of?

Thread here on new Wetek range of players, including the Hub : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=263373
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4