• 115(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
I am having a problem with video playing smoothly from a stream source or my local library (connected via ethernet).

Video plays, and then after a while will jitter, blink, and then begin playing again. After a couple minutes, I experience the same: jitter, blink.

Is it a cache issue? Does anybody have any special settings in Advanced Settings?

Does it have to do with the fps?

Anybody have any insight?
NVidia Shield Pro
Firestick
Wetek Core
Panasonic P60ST30
(2016-03-22, 03:45)grossbard Wrote: That's kind of a bummer. My TV's HDMI inputs can either be set to full or limited range. The HDMI input that my AVR is connected to is set to full, because my PC and PS4 are connected to it. I prefer the PC to out put a full range RGB picture. I guess I could use a splittler wit the Core and run one HDMI cable to a limited range input on the TV and another HDMI cable to the AVR for audio.

Have you tried it? YCbCr Full range is an unusual standard, so it may be that YCbCr Limited is handled OK. If your TV is recent it may follow HDMI InfoFrames (if your amp is in passthrough) and it not be a problem.
(2016-03-22, 19:40)jdwoods Wrote: I am having a problem with video playing smoothly from a stream source or my local library (connected via ethernet).

Video plays, and then after a while will jitter, blink, and then begin playing again. After a couple minutes, I experience the same: jitter, blink.

Is it a cache issue? Does anybody have any special settings in Advanced Settings?

You need a bigger Video Cache....
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Save Example #3 or #4 to a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml and save that file on a usb stick or sd card, insert into Core.

Open up Kodi or WeTek Jarvis Media player > System > File Manager
- Attach a usb Keyboard and in window on the Right click on Profile Directory
- In the left window, open udisk or sdcard, highlight advancedsettings.xml file, hit the "C" key and Copy into Profile Directory.

Exit the Kodi or WeTek App and restart.

To confirm, the WeTek Core can run all my media from my WD MyBook Live NAS right?
Up until a few months ago I had a WD Live (worked perfectly to access my NAS over Wifi and play any/all media formats/types) - then my son smashed it on the ground and now they don;t see WD that also has Netflix (which I also use) - was looking for a replacement and the Wetek Core looked awesome - but can it really stream media from my NAS? If so how? is it native?

Looking for details on the PROCESS, needs to be easy enough for my wife and kids to browse and load ... like the WD was ...
Any thoughts on using the Easy Advanced Settings addon? I've used it on a previous set up and found it quick and simple with a vast menu of settings.
(2016-03-23, 04:17)Shaitan00 Wrote: To confirm, the WeTek Core can run all my media from my WD MyBook Live NAS right?
Up until a few months ago I had a WD Live (worked perfectly to access my NAS over Wifi and play any/all media formats/types) - then my son smashed it on the ground and now they don;t see WD that also has Netflix (which I also use) - was looking for a replacement and the Wetek Core looked awesome - but can it really stream media from my NAS? If so how? is it native?

Looking for details on the PROCESS, needs to be easy enough for my wife and kids to browse and load ... like the WD was ...
Its just the Standard setup as for all Kodi devices...connect the Core to your home WiFi Network and then you add your Networked Shares from within Kodi:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

To make it easier most of us just add Networked Shares using Zeroconf Browser, using point and click.
Add your Shares once and then thats it, no need to do it every time unless you want to add extra folders from your NAS.

(2016-03-23, 00:38)noggin Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 03:45)grossbard Wrote: That's kind of a bummer. My TV's HDMI inputs can either be set to full or limited range. The HDMI input that my AVR is connected to is set to full, because my PC and PS4 are connected to it. I prefer the PC to out put a full range RGB picture. I guess I could use a splittler wit the Core and run one HDMI cable to a limited range input on the TV and another HDMI cable to the AVR for audio.

Have you tried it? YCbCr Full range is an unusual standard, so it may be that YCbCr Limited is handled OK. If your TV is recent it may follow HDMI InfoFrames (if your amp is in passthrough) and it not be a problem.

Did some testing last night. When I set my HDMI input's dynamic range to "Auto," the TV seems to do a good job recognizing if the signal is full or limited range and switches on the fly. I ignorantly assumed that leaving it on "Auto" would just default to "limited" range. Problem solved!
(2016-03-23, 03:54)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-03-22, 19:40)jdwoods Wrote: I am having a problem with video playing smoothly from a stream source or my local library (connected via ethernet).

Save Example #3 or #4 to a plain text file called advancedsettings.xml and save that file on a usb stick or sd card, insert into Core.

- In the left window, open udisk or sdcard, highlight advancedsettings.xml file, hit the "C" key and Copy into Profile Directory.

After applying example 4s settings, I am still having this issue of video jittering. Any other solutions?
NVidia Shield Pro
Firestick
Wetek Core
Panasonic P60ST30
(2016-03-23, 09:19)jdwoods Wrote:
(2016-03-23, 03:54)wrxtasy Wrote:

After applying example 4s settings, I am still having this issue of video jittering. Any other solutions?
Hmm strange. I found that wifi wasn't up to streaming anything over 720p from my NAS even after playing around with video cache settings, but I haven't had any issues since I connected it to Ethernet.

Edit: Just had a thought: In WeTek's refresh rate app, is it enabled for Kodi? It should be disabled.
(2016-03-23, 12:46)ssh_reconnect Wrote: Edit: Just had a thought: In WeTek's refresh rate app, is it enabled for Kodi? It should be disabled.

I will double check refresh rate app.

What about refresh rate in HDMI system settings?
NVidia Shield Pro
Firestick
Wetek Core
Panasonic P60ST30
I am thinking about ordering a Core instead of my original plan of buying a RPi2. The Core seems to have more extras like HD Netflix, although stereo-only is kind of a bummer. Also the optical out is a needed output for me, and saves me buying an HDMI splitter. But could someone answer three Core questions for me?

1) Is there any chance of the Netflix app on the Core getting surround in the future?

2) From reading the thread, I see a lot of people getting very excited about dual booting Android and OpenELEC. But I'm not sure I really understand the benefit. Android has Netflix and other Android apps available. OpenELEC has maybe a snappier Kodi experience? Is that basically it? I don't do anything like record cable/broadcast TV so maybe openELEC's charms are lost on me.

EDIT: I should add one more question:
3) My current setup is a AFTV1 and I've spent all day trying to notice a difference between the AFTV at 60hz and a Macbook at 24p on my TV. It's an LG 60hz LCD but it has a 48hz 24p mode. I have played terrible, eye-wrecking panning scenes on both, and the difference is either not there or very subtle. Like in Sicario, there are a lot of scenes of a convoy of black SUVs driving through Juarez with many panning shots, some of which hurt my eyes. These seem to be equally bad in 24p, so I'm guessing it's just the camera itself and the mechanical problem of 24 fps. The other famous test scene is in I Am Legend, where a helicopter shot circles an aircraft carrier. This looks slightly better in 24p. The final scene I found is in Red, where the camera does a long spinning pan across a neighborhood. While I think I can tell the difference in overall smoothness with 24p, it arguably looks better in 60hz. I think the 3:2 pulldown is blurring some of the 24p choppiness.

Can I just not see 24p?
(2016-03-25, 20:13)PROF FAART Wrote: EDIT: I should add one more question:
3) My current setup is a AFTV1 and I've spent all day trying to notice a difference between the AFTV at 60hz and a Macbook at 24p on my TV. It's an LG 60hz LCD but it has a 48hz 24p mode. I have played terrible, eye-wrecking panning scenes on both, and the difference is either not there or very subtle. Like in Sicario, there are a lot of scenes of a convoy of black SUVs driving through Juarez with many panning shots, some of which hurt my eyes. These seem to be equally bad in 24p, so I'm guessing it's just the camera itself and the mechanical problem of 24 fps. The other famous test scene is in I Am Legend, where a helicopter shot circles an aircraft carrier. This looks slightly better in 24p. The final scene I found is in Red, where the camera does a long spinning pan across a neighborhood. While I think I can tell the difference in overall smoothness with 24p, it arguably looks better in 60hz. I think the 3:2 pulldown is blurring some of the 24p choppiness.

Can I just not see 24p?

Do you live in a 60Hz territory like North America? If so you've probably spent your entire life watching movies, most sitcoms and scripted TV shows shot 24p but displayed at 3:2. Until Blu-ray came along that was the only way. I'm convinced lots (but not all) people who watch 60Hz TV are used to 3:2. I suspect this may be the case - you may just not 'see' the 3:2 artefacts?

I grew up in a 50Hz territory and all of our stuff was either shot 25p and shown 2:2 at 50Hz, or 24p stuff was shown sped-up to 25p and shown 2:2 at 50Hz. (The 4% speed up is noticeable when I watch movies on TV and then on Blu-ray), but it means I've never lived with 3:2 and the asymmetric motion mangling it imposes. However this meant when I first got an HDTV in2007 that was 50/60Hz only and a Blu-ray player, I literally couldn't watch 1080/24p Blu-ray movies and TV shows as they were output 3:2 at 60p. My TV didn't have a 24p friendly display mode. It lasted less than a year. I had to replace it with a model that would display 24p correctly.

Personally I find 3:2 pulldown incredibly uncomfortable to watch. Even the 20th Century Fox animation looks horrible to me with 3:2 judder. The nice smooth motion of the camera just becomes really nasty.

I know a lot of people with modern TVs enable the motion-smoothing effects (Motion Flow, Natural Motion etc.) that reduce or mask this - but I have all the processing disabled on my TV most of the time (I occasionally switch it on for a laugh)
No 23.976fps video output on either the Macbook running OSX (OS limitation) or the Amazon Gear = 3:2 Judder on both.
Mac's running Windows I believe can do 23.976fps video output.

(2016-03-26, 02:19)wrxtasy Wrote: Mac's running Windows I believe can do 23.976fps video output.

Yep - under Boot Camp (where you boot directly into the OS) Windows on a Mac is effectively just a generic Windows PC, so behaves pretty much the same as the CPU/GPU combo would in a Windows box. Same for Linux on Macs I expect.

(If you are running Windows in Parallels, Fusion, Virtual Box then I think the OS X limitation remains as you are running them virtualised within an OS X environment)
Is it possible to install Kodi 17 on Wetek core?
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4