• 117(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
The Wetek Update app on the home screen will guide you through an OTA update. If that fails - not that I'd expect it to - then you can download an update file to put on a uSD card to update instead. (I had a relatively early Core that I needed to do that with once)
Anyone knows what is the premium shipping has? And also with the freeship they give you any way to tracking the package?
Thanks.
An update: The reason the OpenElec install on the SD Card appeared to fail is the video framerate (24p) isn't compatible with my PC LCD screen (Samsung 1920x1080) via HDMI. When I tried booting to OpenElec on one of my TVs it ran ok. On my PC screen I was getting the OpenElec logo but then it went blank. I incorrectly assumed it had hung.
(2016-03-30, 01:53)jamesdm Wrote: Anyone knows what is the premium shipping has? And also with the freeship they give you any way to tracking the package?
Thanks.

The free shipping to Australia had tracking and arrived in 5 days. Excellent!
Pretty frustrating day with Netflix not streaming and continuously losing WiFi connections. My other Netflix devices have no issues with Netflix via WiFi.

How come the Core Kodi menus don't show 'Movies'?
(2016-03-30, 09:00)HomerJau Wrote: Pretty frustrating day with Netflix not streaming and continuously losing WiFi connections. My other Netflix devices have no issues with Netflix via WiFi.
Not sure how great the internal WiFi on the Core is. Many of us only use cabled network connections with Kodi as we also play high bitrate Blu-ray rips (without recompression) which don't always work reliably over even good WiFi. I don't think I've ever used WiFi on mine. Isn't the Core 2.4GHz only rather than 5GHz. ***EDIT - no it isn't - it's 2.4/5GHz Dual Band.

If I do have to use WiFi I always try and ensure I'm using a 5GHz connection (for that you usually need to ensure your device supports 802.11a or 802.11ac. Even though 802.11n will benefit 5GHz, there are lots of 2.4GHz only 802.11n devices - 802.11a is 5GHz-only so a good indicator of dual-band n being available)

As the Core is dual band - is your router dual band and are you using a 5GHz network. (Some routers use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5GHz by default. I usually disable this and run with separate SSID names so I can guarantee I'm at 5GHz. This may not be a good idea with 802.11ac stuff - but I run mainly 802.11n Dual Band.

Quote:How come the Core Kodi menus don't show 'Movies'?

Have you added any Movies to your library? AIUI on some set-ups Movies only appears when there are Movies in your library, i.e. you've scraped a local/network storage device, or imported a location with pre-existing .nfo files into your library. Without a library you'll normally just have Music and Videos (which are also file-based)
@HomerJau,
You should really start at the source for problems with WiFi, that being what WiFi is your router using ?
If its 2.4GHz only, I can see the problem already in a crowded Electromagnetic environment.

The Core uses Dual band 2.4/5GHz WiFi.

Just to let you know, I ordered a Core on Monday (public holiday), shipped Tuesday from Slovenia and arrived here (UK) on Wednesday!
Batteries for the remote would have been nice though.
Thanks for the feedback
Hi all,

When I try and open Kodi it just crashes and takes me back to the main screen every time. Tried updating it through the app store but still doing the same...
(2016-03-31, 21:42)rich_sea Wrote: Hi all,

When I try and open Kodi it just crashes and takes me back to the main screen every time. Tried updating it through the app store but still doing the same...

I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi. Alternatively, have you tried the WeTek Media Player or SPMC forks? SPMC is working great on my Core.
(2016-03-31, 21:42)rich_sea Wrote: Hi all,

Long press OK on Kodi icon in apps menu and select Clean cache or Clean Data and I am sure your issue will be fixed.
Just installed new version of OE 7.0 Beta 1 (aka 6.95.1) and the CEC integration is much improved. Core happily controls my Onkyo AVR now, and the UI is pretty fluid (more fluid than in Android + Wetek Media Player I'd say).

The Core is maturing nicely. And this is in huge part to the fact that Wetek (and others) are updating the firmware, and working on both Android and OpenElec builds. Unlike many no-name Android boxes where you get what it comes with and that's that.
Happy to see that you like it noggin Smile

We are working on new video decoder, and code is already public at github, as codesnake made PR. S905 is supported well, while we are working on fixing issue with it for S812 and Kernel 3.10.
(2016-04-02, 22:27)droidelec Wrote: Happy to see that you like it noggin Smile
I like it even more now I've found that my USB RC6 IR receiver works out of the box with OpenElec. Using a remote control you're used to - and which has short cuts you like (subtitles, audio track switching, Live TV, codec details etc.) really does massively increase the usability for me. (I know for others it's not an issue)

Quote:We are working on new video decoder, and code is already public at github, as codesnake made PR. S905 is supported well, while we are working on fixing issue with it for S812 and Kernel 3.10.

Great news. Does this bode well for an S905 OpenElec release? (I'd be quite interested in seeing how the C2 ran it - though am beginning to get a lot busier with 'real life' stuff...)
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4