• 118(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Yes, as you know our upcoming products Hub, Play 2 and Play 2S are based on S905-H Revision C, and we already have OpenELEC supported there, as soon as products are soon out, we will push all code public.
Look forward to it. And fingers crossed that the S812 Android 5.1/7.1PCM and HD Audio migrates to OpenElec on both the S812 (Core) and S905 (new boxes!) :-)
(2016-04-02, 22:33)noggin Wrote: I like it even more now I've found that my USB RC6 IR receiver works out of the box with OpenElec. Using a remote control you're used to - and which has short cuts you like (subtitles, audio track switching, Live TV, codec details etc.) really does massively increase the usability for me. (I know for others it's not an issue)

Does this mean that for example same HP USB IR Receiver + Harmony One works out of the box (with minor tweaking with Keymap editor addon) as with OpenElec@Chromebox? If so I will be very interested to test Core now that HD-Audio is also supported...
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2016-04-03, 12:34)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 22:33)noggin Wrote: I like it even more now I've found that my USB RC6 IR receiver works out of the box with OpenElec. Using a remote control you're used to - and which has short cuts you like (subtitles, audio track switching, Live TV, codec details etc.) really does massively increase the usability for me. (I know for others it's not an issue)

Does this mean that for example same HP USB IR Receiver + Harmony One works out of the box (with minor tweaking with Keymap editor addon) as with OpenElec@Chromebox?

My Rosewill MS-compatible MCE RC6 IR USB receiver and standard MS RC6 remote work fine in the Core in OpenElec. Didn't have to do anything other than plug the receiver in.

Quote:If so I will be very interested to test Core now that HD-Audio is also supported...

Unless something has changed HD Audio (and multichannel PCM) is only available in Android (not OpenElec) on the Core? In OpenElec on the Core I'm still limited to PCM 2.0 and DD/DTS passthrough.
OK, I've misunderstood that HD Audio also works on OpenElec.

"Customised WeTek Jarvis 16.0 mediaplayer, based on Kodi Jarvis to allow for HD Audio + Kodi AMLogic specific bug fixes." I thought that means HD Audio under OpenElec.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2016-04-03, 13:44)BoxFreak Wrote: OK, I've misunderstood that HD Audio also works on OpenElec.

"Customised WeTek Jarvis 16.0 mediaplayer, based on Kodi Jarvis to allow for HD Audio + Kodi AMLogic specific bug fixes." I thought that means HD Audio under OpenElec.

No - the Wetek Jarvis 16.0 MediaPlayer is the Android app that is included in the Wetek Android build. It's a forked version of Kodi (properly compliant with Kodi rules on this stuff) relabelled "Wetek Media Player" so that you can run it alongside the official Kodi app should you wish, without any odd update issues. That sentence refers entirely to Android, not OpenElec. When you reboot out of Android and into OpenElec you aren't using Wetek Media Player (or if you replace Android with OpenElec on the internal NAND flash).

AIUI the route to HD Audio on AMLogic is different under Android and Linux (and thus OpenElec), so the work done in Android may not be a simple transfer to Linux.

I haven't tried my MCE USB IR receiver in Android.
I've downloaded the "OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.3" and put in on s SD card (Samsung Evo 64gb) using the Apple Pi program. That all seems to have worked fine but when trying to boot from it its just hanging on the menu screen where it asks to press power button to boot from sd card. Have tried pressing it at different times and different lengths of time but no change.

Have to unplug and boot back up with no card in and goes back to Android fine. Any ideas?
Hi can someone help me..I'm interested in this box for my mother but two key features I looking for is 24p TV switching capabilities and ability to pass through 5.1 audio?
(2016-04-05, 17:17)mwake Wrote: Hi can someone help me..I'm interested in this box for my mother but two key features I looking for is 24p TV switching capabilities and ability to pass through 5.1 audio?

The answer to both is yes. You get PCM 2.0/DD/DTS in OpenElec and PCM5.1/7.1/DD/DTS/True HD and DTS-HD in Android at the moment. You get both 24.000 and 23.976Hz refresh rate support in both I believe.
I have been using the Wetek Core for a couple of months now and I love it. As a first time user of an Android box, I can say that Kodi works great however, I see people mentioning Wetek Jarvis 16.0 MediaPlayer or SPMC. Can someone tell me how I can access these and what is the difference compared to Kodi on the Core?
WeTek Jarvis mediaplayer for Android is the preferred option if you want all the HD Audio or HD to lossless Multichannel Audio output features. SPMC I believe misses out on a few Core specific commits for Audio.

There are also other optimisations specific to the Core only, regarding Sleeping the box and some patches for playback of mpeg2 DVD's and Hardware decoding of mpeg4 content.

WeTek Jarvis 16.0rc3 mediaplayer HERE

This mediaplayer should also be packaged if you do an OTA Firmware update to v1.1.2 on the Core.

(2016-04-06, 04:06)wrxtasy Wrote: WeTek Jarvis mediaplayer for Android is the preferred option if you want all the HD Audio or HD to lossless Multichannel Audio output features. SPMC I believe misses out on a few Core specific commits for Audio.

There are also other optimisations specific to the Core only, regarding Sleeping the box and some patches for playback of mpeg2 DVD's and Hardware decoding of mpeg4 content.

This mediaplayer should also be packaged if you do an OTA Firmware update to v1.1.2 on the Core.

I have the latest firmware on the Core. Is the Wetek Media Player under the app list?
(2016-04-06, 04:50)aceisme Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 04:06)wrxtasy Wrote: WeTek Jarvis mediaplayer for Android is the preferred option if you want all the HD Audio or HD to lossless Multichannel Audio output features. SPMC I believe misses out on a few Core specific commits for Audio.

I have the latest firmware on the Core. Is the Wetek Media Player under the app list?

Yes. However ISTR that I had to do a full reinstall (downloading the full OS to uSD card and following the online instructions) rather than an OTA upgrade at one point to get it, though others had no problems. It has a blue 'play button' style triangle as its icon.
(2016-04-05, 16:53)rich_sea Wrote: I've downloaded the "OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.3" and put in on s SD card (Samsung Evo 64gb) using the Apple Pi program. That all seems to have worked fine but when trying to boot from it its just hanging on the menu screen where it asks to press power button to boot from sd card. Have tried pressing it at different times and different lengths of time but no change.

Have to unplug and boot back up with no card in and goes back to Android fine. Any ideas?

Press 2 times on Power

Don't forget to point the IR from the RCU to Wetek

The boot menu is activated by power button which is IR
For the people with a Wetek, which is the best running skin for the device? Confluence run perfect, but is not my kind of design.
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4