• 123(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Hi noggin,

Please try TrueHD.
(2016-04-26, 12:07)droidelec Wrote: Hi noggin,

Please try TrueHD.

OK. Don't have that much True HD - will try and find a title and report back.
Hi noggin,

You can get some samples here: http://download.openbricks.org/sample/HD-Audio/
OK. I don't get consistent results:

Dolby True HD
hd_dthd_5.1.mkv plays back either with nasty digital noise (and the receiver reporting PCM 2.0 192kHz) or silence (and the receiver reporting Dolby True HD)
hd_dthd_7.1.mkv does the same - usually I get digital noise, but sometimes silence.

DTS HD-MA and HRA
hd_dtshr_7.1.mkv, hd_dtsma_5,1 and 7.1 all play back with silence.

DTS 96/24 and DD+
hd_dts9624_5.mkv plays back with 96KHz 24 bit 5.1 DTS audio no problem.
loreal_eac3_test plays back with DD Plus audio no problem.

At no point have I got DTS HD MA/HRA or Dolby True HD to deliver audio. I will reboot my amp just in case it has got confused.
Rebooted Onkyo amp - similar results.

Consistent digital noise for the True HD, consistent silence (and flashing HDMI symbol as if negotiation not finished) for the DTS HD MA/HRA content. I can't get an OSD up on the Onkyo when the HDMI symbol is still flashing so can't report what the amp 'thinks' it is getting.

Forget to say that the file 7.1Ch DTS-HD MA - Speaker Mapping Test File.mkv played back with DTS flagged by the amp but silence.
(2016-04-09, 18:07)noggin Wrote: Major limitation for me about the Wetek is that it won't play native interlaced DVDs. (It will play progressive stuff - movies etc. - fine, but music concerts are a no-go)

I've got a Wetek at the moment, but it's primary use was going to be to view my archived DVDs. Is there a better platform than the Wetek for Kodi for DVD playback?
Mini TIP: go into the OSD Video Settings when a Movie is playing and try Disabling Deinterlacing.
This should work for movie DVD's that are not interlaced to begin with.

Make sure you are using the WeTek Jarivs mediaplayer tho.

Huh, for some reason I thought all of the DVD MPEG-2 stuff was software decoded these days for Kodi (and forks).
(2016-04-27, 20:53)Ned Scott Wrote: Huh, for some reason I thought all of the DVD MPEG-2 stuff was software decoded these days for Kodi (and forks).
Doesn't seem to be on all platforms. Think quite a few ARM devices still use hardware decode and hardware deinterlace. (Single core Pis certainly do as they don't have the CPU power for software decode and deinterlace)
(2016-04-27, 19:29)badboygolf16v Wrote:
(2016-04-09, 18:07)noggin Wrote: Major limitation for me about the Wetek is that it won't play native interlaced DVDs. (It will play progressive stuff - movies etc. - fine, but music concerts are a no-go)

I've got a Wetek at the moment, but it's primary use was going to be to view my archived DVDs. Is there a better platform than the Wetek for Kodi for DVD playback?

If your DVDs are mainly of things shot 24 or 25p - movies, drama etc. then disabling deinterlacing will stop judder. If they are natively interlaced (like concerts, classic TV shot on video in studios, sport etc.) then at the moment you need to watch on something other than a Wetek. A Pi / Pi 2/ Pi 3 or a Chromebox or similar will do a good job.
(2016-04-26, 12:37)noggin Wrote: OK. I don't get consistent results:

Dolby True HD
hd_dthd_5.1.mkv plays back either with nasty digital noise (and the receiver reporting PCM 2.0 192kHz) or silence (and the receiver reporting Dolby True HD)
hd_dthd_7.1.mkv does the same - usually I get digital noise, but sometimes silence.

DTS HD-MA and HRA
hd_dtshr_7.1.mkv, hd_dtsma_5,1 and 7.1 all play back with silence.

DTS 96/24 and DD+
hd_dts9624_5.mkv plays back with 96KHz 24 bit 5.1 DTS audio no problem.
loreal_eac3_test plays back with DD Plus audio no problem.

At no point have I got DTS HD MA/HRA or Dolby True HD to deliver audio. I will reboot my amp just in case it has got confused.

I can report similar results on my Onkyo TX-SR507 AVR but all I get is silence instead of noise. AVR is not connecting,HDMI is blinking. After some time AVR gives up and reports no signal, picture remains. I also have problems with android. DTS-MA is not working but Multichannel PCM does.
(2016-04-28, 14:06)skodilak Wrote: I can report similar results on my Onkyo TX-SR507 AVR but all I get is silence instead of noise. AVR is not connecting,HDMI is blinking. After some time AVR gives up and reports no signal, picture remains. I also have problems with android. DTS-MA is not working but Multichannel PCM does.

I had issues with the first HD Audio build, but I did a reinstall of Android (via a recovery image) and with the latest version of Wetek Media Player I got both DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD bit streamed on my Core in Android (previously I only got multichannel PCM)
Thanks for testing noggin, we are working to sort this Smile
(2016-04-28, 21:28)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-28, 14:06)skodilak Wrote: I can report similar results on my Onkyo TX-SR507 AVR but all I get is silence instead of noise. AVR is not connecting,HDMI is blinking. After some time AVR gives up and reports no signal, picture remains. I also have problems with android. DTS-MA is not working but Multichannel PCM does.

I had issues with the first HD Audio build, but I did a reinstall of Android (via a recovery image) and with the latest version of Wetek Media Player I got both DTS HD MA and Dolby True HD bit streamed on my Core in Android (previously I only got multichannel PCM)

I'll try it first with the latest WeTeK mediaplayer and if that doesn't help complete with recovery.
EDIT: Wrong thread
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4