• 129(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
just looking to buy a couple of wetek hubs and wondering if anyone knows of any wetek voucher codes before i pull the trigger on them that might save a few dollars, or even if there's a way tp purchase them via the KODI foundation that would give a kickback to support the cause? if not, i can just donate, but i thought i'd askgiven how much info and help i've found via the forums. Smile
(2016-08-12, 09:14)vibe666 Wrote: just looking to buy a couple of wetek hubs and wondering if anyone knows of any wetek voucher codes before i pull the trigger on them that might save a few dollars, or even if there's a way tp purchase them via the KODI foundation that would give a kickback to support the cause? if not, i can just donate, but i thought i'd askgiven how much info and help i've found via the forums. Smile

https://smile.amazon.com/

then choose the "Kodi Foundation"
(2016-08-16, 17:45)Kib Wrote: https://smile.amazon.com/

then choose the "Kodi Foundation"

thanks, will definitely help for supporting KODI for general purchases, but no wetek products available. Sad
Morning all,

Just joined the forums and thought I'd give my piece on this box.

Generally used XBMC on my old Xbox a long time ago and then moved on to Kodi when but just on the Laptop for streaming.

Wetek Core was my first box and have been using it now for around 6 months, overall very impressed.

Pros;

- Clean looking, plush device with a great remote and well packaged
- Simple operation, it really is plug in and play with everything pre-installed
- Smooth interface, easy navigation something even the most basic person would master
- Kodi runs smooth, installed the new look Wookie build and it handles it very well
- TV Shows and Movies all stream very well with 1080p looking fantastic and sounding great through my home cinema set up
- Great support from Wetek if any issues arise
- Regular updates implemented through software prompts

Cons;

- Seems to have some issues when trying to close down, sometimes when you power off the screen goes black but the blue light stays on, basically it just sleeps until you press a button on the mouse and it will come back to life. Found you have to force close every app and then power off.
- Has been laggy as of recent with buffering on YouTube videos, unsure as to whether this is the box or my internet. I am running Mbps virgin media fibre so should not be lagging on a YouTube video
- Struggles with live sports streams HD, this is mainly down to I feel the fact the streams are overcrowded rather than the box, but my laptop seems to handle it a little better. It has no problem streaming sports through MOBDRO but at a lower resolution such as 480p 576p

Overall;

Very happy with the product, I feel the pros outweigh the cons and it has been a fantastic little box for me so far and I don't feel the need to upgrade it anytime soon. I would and have recommended to many friends, and use this on a daily basic with issues few and far between, when looking for a great device if I were you I would definitely make this an option.
Regarding this behaviour:

- Seems to have some issues when trying to close down, sometimes when you power off the screen goes black but the blue light stays on, basically it just sleeps until you press a button on the mouse and it will come back to life. Found you have to force close every app and then power off.

Did You try updating your WeTek Core to latest software WeTek OS 2.0 for Core?
(2016-08-30, 12:39)droidelec Wrote: Regarding this behaviour:

Did You try updating your WeTek Core to latest software WeTek OS 2.0 for Core?

Yes, regularly check the box for updates and am up to date with the latest software last time I checked. I will however check again once I am home from work to confirm. For me its not a major issue as I just force close everything and then wait a while until it finally decides to shut down.
There is no such thing as complete "Power Off" on any AMLogic device I own. They all go into a Hibernative state, when the power button is pressed with a corresponding LED light still on.
This is normal behavior.

(2016-08-30, 15:26)wrxtasy Wrote: There is no such thing as complete "Power Off" on any AMLogic device I own. They all go into a Hibernative state, when the power button is pressed with a corresponding LED light still on.
This is normal behavior.

Which is fine,

However the only problem was when the blue light indicated, my AVR by default switches to this source and my box is always the priority source. So if I want to select another input i.e. my TiVo box it would flick back off and default back to the Wetek box until it was turned off ( Or hibernating with the red light indicating ).
@dannymcfcblack I have the same problem with the shutdown function. As a solution, I rooted the box and installed the android tv power options app from the play store. It's not a clean solution, but it works 100% of the time without the need to force close all apps.

@everyone else I'm going to come off as an idiot, so I apologize in advance. I am not an A/V guy.

I currently use a soundbar for audio. I also previously owned an LED TV that broke. I originally plugged my Core into my TV via hdmi and used the spdif output of the TV to connect my TV to the soundbar. The soundbar is an older model that does not have an hdmi output.

I foolishly bought a new TV on Amazon without checking if it had a spdif output. The new tv shipped, but hasn't arrived yet.

Can I connect the Core to the TV via hdmi and then the Core to the soundbar via spdif? Will that work, or am I screwed?
Sure you can, just put in Digital Sounds settings that output is SPDIF, so it will be sent over it.

Here it is:

http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/216

Just select SPDIF.
Does the Wetek Core still have the 2 channel audio limitation within Netflix?
(2016-09-04, 00:16)SilverBlade Wrote: Does the Wetek Core still have the 2 channel audio limitation within Netflix?
Yes.. And i believe it will always have.
It is because wetek core uses a mobile android, therefore only 2.0 needed.
(2016-09-04, 00:16)SilverBlade Wrote: Does the Wetek Core still have the 2 channel audio limitation within Netflix?

There is a working version of the Android TV Netflix on the WeTek forums that gives HD video, 5.1 sound, and is in a remote-friendly interface.
Are you 100% sure Ned ?

Because I've tested this modded Android TV Netflix App on the Core, Hub and Play2 and there is NO 5.1 Audio icon like I would see on my Android smart TV running the Android TV version of Netflix as well.

(2016-09-04, 05:44)Ned Scott Wrote:

There is a working version of the Android TV Netflix on the WeTek forums that gives HD video, 5.1 sound, and is in a remote-friendly interface.

I'd love to see some recorded proof of that before I plunge $150 (Canadian) on a device.

I'm also just waiting for the Xiaomi Mi Box to come out.
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4