• 131(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-09-06, 05:34)wrxtasy Wrote: Lock me up and throw away the Key then for the number of hours I've "Violated" Netflix terms of use.
Once the Netflix App is out in the Wild, 3rd party knowledgable developers do whatever they want with it.

So long as you have 1080p Netflix Box approval and the HDCP DRM keys, then anything becomes possible. Its not like the Hardware box sellers can control any Software the Android community conjures up.
This is what is called as rationalization. Tongue
Blame Netflix for being such hard-asses Wink.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-06, 10:17)wrxtasy Wrote: Hold down the Middle remote button. Stop the YouTube App and clear the Cache's would be my suggestion if not done so already.

Disabled, Cleared data and cache on the pre-installed Youtube app on the box and re-installed basic google play store version but still buffering is there.. But yet not on any other devices
Is there a way to get HD netflix on a new beelink gt1
ADT-1 Developer Kit / Nvidia's Shield TV / Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' / Beelink GT1 / Amazon Fire TV 2 / Wetek Core / ODROID-C2 / Raspberry Pi 2 / Nexbox A5
(2016-09-09, 17:52)sandogo1 Wrote: Is there a way to get HD netflix on a new beelink gt1

Pretty certain the answer is no. There are VERY few devices that Netflix approve for Netflix HD (it's not just a case of having the right level of DRM, your box has to be individually approved by Netflix)

Wetek Core, Hub and Play 2, nVidia Shield, Amazon Fire TVs and Fire TV Sticks, Google Nexus Player are the main contenders, plus Windows devices and the Apple TVs. They all support Netlix HD (the Shield supports UHD I think)

None of the 'no name' Android boxes support HD Netflix. Wetek really is the stand-out in this regard.
I think it's just the right level of DRM. As far as I know, WeTek doesn't have specific approval from Netflix.
Are you sure that is right Ned? I thought that it was the exact opposite, that in fact Wetek does have specific approval from Netflix.

Hence why some other devices that do have the right level of DRM/Widevine, etc, still don't have HD Netflix (eg: Minix).

Happy to be corrected if I am wrong.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
720/1080/2160p Netflix Hardware needs Netflix Approval, is my understanding:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/30/w...n-netflix/

(2016-09-10, 12:35)Ned Scott Wrote: I think it's just the right level of DRM. As far as I know, WeTek doesn't have specific approval from Netflix.

OK. That's the opposite of what I've read elsewhere.

My understanding was that both the right level of DRM and Netflix approval were needed for anything above 480p.
(2016-09-10, 12:35)Ned Scott Wrote: I think it's just the right level of DRM. As far as I know, WeTek doesn't have specific approval from Netflix.

If that is the case, WeTeK Hub should play Netflix 4K, right? It has Widevine DRM Level 1, 10-bit HEVC decoder, HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2.
*shrug*

I could be wrong.
(2016-09-10, 19:44)Ned Scott Wrote: *shrug*

I could be wrong.

I can't comment on the veracity of this statement (first paragraph, last line) : Netflix
(2016-09-10, 19:56)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 19:44)Ned Scott Wrote: *shrug*

I could be wrong.

I can't comment on the veracity of this statement (first paragraph, last line) : Netflix

Yeah, I've read that post before. I don't think Ken knows what he's talking about.
I'm absolutely sure he does not know what he is talking about when you see a statement like this:
Quote:...What is apparent, at least for set top boxes, is that building a native Netflix app is a prerequisite to at least be considered for certification.

There is no special ARM Netflix App built exclusively for WeTek devices, you can simply download it from the regular Google Play Store or use a slightly modded ARM Android TV OS one from the Shield or FireTV. You still need Netflix Certification, proper DRM and HDCP keys to view 720/1080p or higher resolution protected content in either case.

Good Afternoon good people,

An update on my part regarding the box and Youtube + General usage.

I have now moved my Wetek Box to the bedroom as this is my secondary box. Reason being the recent purchase of my new Preyda Q-Box at a fraction of the price which was initially bought for use upstairs has now been promoted to the main TV.

My Wetek box was buffering and struggling with Youtube videos, was running generally laggy and crashing more than I would have liked it too. Whereas the Preyda box to my surprise which was working with Half of the internet speeds the Hardwired Core was, was smooth and stable in every way.

Still when upstairs and on the Wi-Fi the Wetek struggles with Youtube, and takes some time to load up. I must add that I have not installed any more applications or videos/media files other than Deezer and Mobdro, everything else is standard and doesn't seem to slow down the Preyda box.

Any suggestions as to why this would be the case I am open too.
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4