• 133(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Hi,

I recently bought a new NAS from WD.

On my setup I had to change some configurations on the NAS Setup Page
I had to enable SMB (SMB 1, SMB 2, SMB 3) in order to have it detected on my WeTek Play 2/Core/Hub

Do you know if he enabled SMB and which options he has on his NAS?

Best regards
Hi MasterChef117
On my Synology NAS (but I think that's the same for your own WD NAS) I had to enable SMB, to make it part of my home WORKGROUP.
Then I'm able to see it from Core/WP2 (even if, as I said in the previous post written this morning) I have to set the IP address of the NAS and its symbolic name (in my case is DISKSTATION).

Have you any ideas about the Kodi issues described above?

ciao
Andrea
I'll have to test again to see if i'm able to reproduce this on my side.

Just to be sure, you're using the latest 17.1 on Android correct? or any other version?

Best regards
It depends by the device and the network configuration. For example at my home, both with Core and the WP2, I'm able to browse Samba devices partially. I'm able to browse the folders on my W10 PC (accessing it using the "Windows Network SMB" red icon), while for the NAS I'm forced to enter directly the IP address. My best friends, with a different router and different network configuration (1 PC with W7, 1 PC with W10 and a NAS identical to mine) is not able to browse any shared folders from the Core. For all these devices he has to enter explicitly thier IP address.... (this is the typical hell of networking...). Tests are made using Kodi 17.1, Wetek Media Player and SBMC with the same results. I didn't try with LibrELEC....but I'm suppose that there's no difference...

Let me know!
Hi,

A small input on this

I've been trying to reproduce this on my side, but so far without success

I'll keep digging on this

BR
Reposting...

(2017-05-03, 01:09)Esexboy Wrote: I'm a newbie on this forum so apologies if it's in the incorrect category.

I had to do a Factory Reset on my Wetek Core box. All went to plan with the exception that the Mobdro add-on no longer opens. I downloaded the app via Aptoid and can open it via Settings/Apps but not from the shortcut in the home screen

How can I link the shortcut to the App or alternatively add Apps to the start screen?

TIA

Nothing to do with Kodi to be honest. Support for such Android OS - WeTek Core questions belong on the WeTek forums:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/ca.../androidaa

Is there any tutorial how to update firmware Confused
You usually use the inbuilt OTA WE.update App and Firmware updating is all automatic on all WeTek's Android devices.

Seems that Wetek is having a discount code for all the devices

Discount code: SAS1052

10% discount on all the devices
Discount code is valid until August, 31
Does this device actually output 4K to my receiver/TV or does it just decode it and output at 1080P?
It really is a 1080p only device, because most 4K video content these days will be encoded as 10bit HEVC and the AMLogic S812 SoC in the Core can only decode 8bit HEVC video content.

Trivia for those reading.
The S812 in the Core has a better GPU than all the S905's on the market. Which in the real world results in a bit snappier user interface in LibreELEC and better 3D GPU performance for Android and Retro gaming.. 8bit device only tho.

Anybody still using this media box? I'm thinking of buying but concerned a little that it is a bit of and isn't powerful enough in 2018/19. Is it still good enough for Netflix and Kodi. Or is it too sluggish for 2018 now? Appreciate any updates on this from actual users thanks!
Stay away.  Unless you are looking for a paperweight.

Kodi using Libreelec works OK. Netflix is completely broken.

There are much better alternatives out there.

Currently, I have the latest alpha of Libreelec on mine - just so I can use it to play NES games... That's really the only use I have found for it.
Thanks so much for reply, I see it on sale at Walmart but on the official forums many reporting that their Wetek Core boxes just died.

What did you move onto. I've already tried many of the generic cheap boxes. The only alternative seems to be the Shield but that is massively expensive (for me) where I live. I can't get the Amazon fire ones here in Canada either.

Looking for something with recent reputation for performance and long term robustness...
I still using this. Even more, lately i bought one for my parents. Its only one wetek box which is worth to buy now. Even it has old chipset.
Everything what is important for me is working well:
1. Dualboot
2. LibreELEC
3. Netflix on WE OS
4. HBO GO on WE OS
5. Kodi on WE OS
6. Best for music playing form i.e. flacs etc.
7. LE on Leia is working

None on weteks boxes are doing all the stuff. I dont use 4K.
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4