• 8(current)
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
I setup 4 cameras and can see them each individually but one of them does not show in the split screen for all cameras.

I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

Cam1 Panasonic hcm403a using generic cam with mpeg url
Cam2 Foscam i9821w v2 using built in foscam settings
Cam3 Panasonic vt164 using mpeg url
Cam4 Foscam i9821p V2 using rstp url

I don't know why Cam 4 wont show in the grid for show all cameras.

any ideas?
RTSP streams aren't supported for all camera or previews. This is because they are a video made up of several images. RTSP is not made up of images like an mjpeg stream is. Kodi's native player can handle it though.

If you include an mjpeg or snapshot url in the configuration, it should work if you configure the all camera player to use it. Note that there is no RTSP option for the player source.

Hope this helps!
Ok, I don't understand how Cam2 Foscam i9821w v2 shows up fine/ are you using a get that I am not aware and do you think that same thing would work for Cam4 Foscam i9821p V2. When I use camera model Foscam HD or SD in the plugin, I don't get an image at all.
Cam2 in your case is getting the built-in URLs which will function. I wasn't able to find your Foscam i0921p online to check compatibility. Could you point my to a link to the model you have?
Maikito26, so much for proof reading my post. sorry about that I corrected the model. i9821P almost identical to the i9821w just with a P at the end. Sorry about that.
Can you get a screenshot of your Cam4 settings from the add-on? And then Debug level logs for me to take a look and see whats going on? Can you also confirm the firmware version of the camera?
firstly let me say this is a kick ass idea and was well a great addon, i have been looking for something like this for a while now and im glad that some one did the heavy lifting that said i have been trying to get this working DCS-931L (generic IP)

i can view the stream with the browser on my laptop and the snapshot...but when i plug in the url on the addon i get the triangle with the exclamation mark. any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Just wanted to know if I can use this addon to control an IP cam from http://ipcamsupport.com/index.html? I have been using P2PCamlive on ios and web interface on windows to control it. Can I use this addon for controlling this cam?

Thanks.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
@dinvisible - Where are you getting the triangle? All Camera or Preview? What is the URL type? And then finally, how is the camera settings configured -> Screenshot? I suspect the stream type doesn't match the URL format but its hard to know without seeing the configuration what steps should be taken next.

@ace310 - It likely won't by default. But it might be possible with the Foscam SD setting. If you can find the SDK info for this camera it can be made to control it very easily with about 30 minutes worth of work and then some testing on your end. Let me know if you can find it!
(2015-12-28, 19:52)maikito26 Wrote: @dinvisible - Where are you getting the triangle? All Camera or Preview? What is the URL type? And then finally, how is the camera settings configured -> Screenshot? I suspect the stream type doesn't match the URL format but its hard to know without seeing the configuration what steps should be taken next.

@ace310 - It likely won't by default. But it might be possible with the Foscam SD setting. If you can find the SDK info for this camera it can be made to control it very easily with about 30 minutes worth of work and then some testing on your end. Let me know if you can find it!

Thanks for the info. I will try to find the SDK if available.

Cheers.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
Maikito26,
Thanks for a great addon, I wanted to use kodi when my wife isn't using the tv as I stay up most nights doing home health care. I use ispy on a windows box for the recording and now use surveillance room on a fire stick for the live view when i am working.

Right now I am using an older sd foscam and a tenvis cam. What models of foscam do you recommend as I have been wanting to upgrade the cameras here for some time.

Thanks again for the great work!
[quote='maikito26' pid='2197709' dateline='1451325161']
@dinvisible - Where are you getting the triangle? All Camera or Preview? What is the URL type? And then finally, how is the camera settings configured -> Screenshot? I suspect the stream type doesn't match the URL format but its hard to know without seeing the configuration what steps should be taken next.

im getting the triangle at the all camera but at the preview i see a blank (black) box in the side of the screen, when activated.the camera is set up normal i guess, but here are the urls that i can access it on the browser

image feed
http://172.26.53.75:80/Image.jpg
http://172.26.53.75:80/image/jpeg.cgi

video feed
1 - http://172.26.53.75:80/mjpeg.cgi
2 - http://172.26.53.75:80/mjpeg.cgi?user=ko...&channel=1
3 - http://172.26.53.75:80/video.cgi?resolution=VGA
4 - http://172.26.53.75:80/video/mjpg.cgi -> user kodi pass kodi

im not sure if the cam is blocking access cause im not passing the username and password but with the link two (2) it should be passed, I am only basing this on the fact that it work in the browser when i use this link and the browser does not ask me for a password.

i can provide you with teamviewer access if neccessary to view the camera setup, and i can take pictures of the addon setup in kodi
Hope everyone had a great holiday. Back at it now.

@dinvisible1 -> PM me to setup a time. Let's teamviewer your setup and get you up and running asap. I agree that the link should work so there must be something unexplained stopping it from working. I think we could probably figure it out and root cause it in about 15 minutes.

@trint - I'm glad you're able to enjoy this add-on. I can only personally recommend the cameras I have which are the F19804P/W, F19805P/W, and F19831W types. I am willing to make any Foscam camera work if its not functioning as expected though. Good luck in your searches!
hey it seems that i dont have access to the PM so if you can send me and email damian(dot)boodoo(at)gmail(dot)com so i can send the teamviewer id etc
Hello maikito26,

Just a few words to express my feelings : I am fond of this add-on, it is very useful. I think I'll use it quite often Smile
(Congratulations from my wife, too.)

I have an old Foscam SD (model FI8918W).
So far so good : configuration is OK, I can watch the stream fullscreen without any problem.
I can also launch a picture-in-picture preview at any time, since I mapped a XBMC.RunPlugin action to some button in Yatse remote on my Android phone.

The only thing that doesn’t seem to work is motion and sound detection : it never pops up the preview automatically…
Motion detection is activated, sound also, and service is started.
Tonight I’ll upload a Kodi log. I hope you will be able to troubleshoot my problem.

Is Surveillance Room supposed to write something specific in the log upon detection, or do I have to activate debug mode ?
What kind of string do I have to expect if motion (or sound) is detected ?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7