• 15(current)
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
Hello,
has someone got this great add on got to work for an Axis IP camera?
Tried anything but I can't get it to work.

Thnx
I have two Axiscams working. Just can't figure out the preview settings but full screen streaming works fine.
rtsp://username:password@Your IP:port number/axis-media/media.amp
Thnx for the quick reply but it didn't work.
Make sure you are entering exactly as this example. This is how mine is set up, of course you have to substitute your credentials and IP info.

Plus do you have H.264 turned on in the camera? This only works for H.264, not MJPEG

rtsp://adminConfused[email protected]:554/axis-media/media.amp
Question 
Dear Maikito

without having read the whole thread, I have KODI installed and I am looking forward to purchase the following FOSCAM HD+NVR Set: http://foscam.uk.com/foscam-fn7108e-4b

All the PoE IP-Cams are connected to the NVR and the NVR itself is connected to the rest of the Network.

Is the "Surveillance Room" - AddOn able to access the individual cameras via the NVR? Huh

Thanks for help
Sailor
(2016-08-25, 03:17)zaxcom Wrote: What am I doing wrong? I set up 2 cameras doing RTSP and I can view each camera individually just fine, but when I select all cameras I get a quad split screen with two large exclamation points and no video.

How can I see all the cameras at one time?

Thx

I have this same problem.. If i set the All Cameras feed to snapshot, it works fine but it's literally a snapshot every half second.. i have a Foscam FI9800P and the only video stream it offers is RTSP.. seems the All Cameras option will only take MJPEG or Snapshot URLs..
Hey ThePrivateGeek, kodi forums wouldn't let me contact you directly, but I have a questions about:

"On the MotionEyeOS machine, I created ssh rsa public key and moved to Kod machine's authorized_keys file under ~/.ssh
Then on the MotionEyeOS web interface, I added the following command in the Motion Notification - Run a Command setting

ssh kodi_username@kodi_ip_address 'xbmc-send -a "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)"'

How did you get write access to MotionEyeOS Machine, I've tried several times to use "mount -o" etc etc...with no luck....otherwise I am not skilled with linux....any help would be appreciated.
(2016-09-07, 15:44)MPRESTON81 Wrote: Hey ThePrivateGeek, kodi forums wouldn't let me contact you directly, but I have a questions about:

"On the MotionEyeOS machine, I created ssh rsa public key and moved to Kod machine's authorized_keys file under ~/.ssh
Then on the MotionEyeOS web interface, I added the following command in the Motion Notification - Run a Command setting

ssh kodi_username@kodi_ip_address 'xbmc-send -a "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)"'

How did you get write access to MotionEyeOS Machine, I've tried several times to use "mount -o" etc etc...with no luck....otherwise I am not skilled with linux....any help would be appreciated.

Hello MPRESTON81,

On your RPi MotionEyeOS run those commands:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -o remount,rw /boot

This should mount the root and boot as read/write.
Hi ThePrivateGeek,

I was able to create the key a couple days ago but still unable to get this working. Begining to think this may be a problem with Motioneyeos and Windows not having native ssh capabilities.

In any event here are the particulars of where I am at.

Setup details
RPI3 with MotionEyeOS
Windows 10 with KODI 16.1
Surveillance Room configured and able to call a preview window with keyboard command CTRL G within Kodi...done purely for testing purposes

I was able to create the public and private keys on the RPI3. Sorry, I don't know much about SSH, does anything special need to be done when creating the keys?
I then used PUTTY to share the keys to my windows 10 computer.

Afterwards I tried to emulate as close as possible what you said to post in the webos 'motion notifications' under run a command to call the plugin preview window.
This is what I have : ssh Master [email protected] 'xbmc-send -a "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)"'

I think my main issues lay with SSH to a windows box. Putty can see and use the keys but not kodi. Any thoughts on this?
(2016-09-09, 12:56)MPRESTON81 Wrote: Hi ThePrivateGeek,

I was able to create the key a couple days ago but still unable to get this working. Begining to think this may be a problem with Motioneyeos and Windows not having native ssh capabilities.

In any event here are the particulars of where I am at.

Setup details
RPI3 with MotionEyeOS
Windows 10 with KODI 16.1
Surveillance Room configured and able to call a preview window with keyboard command CTRL G within Kodi...done purely for testing purposes

I was able to create the public and private keys on the RPI3. Sorry, I don't know much about SSH, does anything special need to be done when creating the keys?
I then used PUTTY to share the keys to my windows 10 computer.

Afterwards I tried to emulate as close as possible what you said to post in the webos 'motion notifications' under run a command to call the plugin preview window.
This is what I have : ssh Master [email protected] 'xbmc-send -a "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)"'

I think my main issues lay with SSH to a windows box. Putty can see and use the keys but not kodi. Any thoughts on this?

I'm not sure but it seems to me you're approaching this the wrong way round.

RPI3 has MotionEyeOS which is connected to a Camera. In the admin page of the MotionEyeOS (your RPi IP in browser), you need to find the Motion Notification settings and enable Run A Command and add the above command in the Command field.
If your ssh-key has been setup correctly it means that you can access Kodi from your RPi without having to enter a password, which is what the command needs to do. Please read this tutorial: https://www.getfilecloud.com/blog/ssh-wi...ing-putty/
I don't understand approaching this the wrong way around? The only difference as far as I can tell between you and I is my Kodi install is on a windows machine which doens't have a native ssh server.

All else is the exact same as your suggesting minus my local address and kodi username which is the default 'Master User'

I'm thinking perhaps I need to swap out kodi_username for perhaps my windows machine name? I'll give that a shit tonight and see what shakes out.

Thanks again for your help!
(2016-09-09, 12:56)MPRESTON81 Wrote: I think my main issues lay with SSH to a windows box. Putty can see and use the keys but not kodi. Any thoughts on this?

Could you explain this sentance?

You need to SSH from MotionEyeOS to Kodi.

P.S. Please use the QUOTE function
First let me say I am incredibly thankful you have been trying to help and your patience has been phenomenal on this matter.

I guess my words are failing me, I'm not sure how else to explain this.

I created private and public keys on the RPI3 in MotionEyeOS connected the RPI3 to my windows pc through Putty which shared the key upon login.

The key is shared and working no problem whatsoever connecting through Putty.

Here is the quote that I am attempting to use in the webos.

(2016-09-09, 12:56)MPRESTON81 Wrote: ssh Master [email protected] 'xbmc-send -a "XBMC.RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_number=1)"'

The only way I can find to establish an SSH connection between MotionEyeOS and windows is through PuTTY. Is there a way to SSH directly to Kodi that I am not aware of?

My Kodi install is not Linux based.

Thanks again for your help.
DId some more reading on SSH and keys and I think I may be gaining a better understanding.... I think this may be the stop I am missing.

Then create a key file as described below and set its permissions.

touch authorized_keys
chmod 600 authorized_keys
Then add the public key (Eg. passkey.pub) to the key file.

cat passkey.pub >> authorized_keys

Did you go through these steps?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7