• 16(current)
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
(2016-09-09, 20:27)MPRESTON81 Wrote: touch authorized_keys
chmod 600 authorized_keys
Then add the public key (Eg. passkey.pub) to the key file.

cat passkey.pub >> authorized_keys

Did you go through these steps?

Yes, of course. That's the whole idea behind ssh-keys and that's what the command needs to access your kodi and show the cam-preview.
Just discovered this addon, excellent work. I have it working with two Amcrest 1080P cameras. Is it possible to have the multi camera mode use H 264 rather than MJPEG ? as the latter quality is not so good. Also I can not get the preview to work, the snap shot url I am using works ok through a web browser.
Any help appreciated.
After a few more tests if I set the multi camera view to snapshot, the results are sporadic, either you get only one camera or none. seems very random.
Thank you for this!

Will be nice if it works with H264 1080P.

I have lot of different brands of ip cameras but not Foscan, and tryed all under Generic IP Camera With Rtsp with no luck gettting to work.

One question: How do we find the right path for "Snapshop URL" and "MJPEG URL" ?

Thank you.
thanks, this is cool.
maybe I missed it, but I have two foscam's and wonder if kodi can record the events video?
I want to be able to save the recordings for later view.

thanks
(2016-09-25, 03:10)neamtul Wrote: Thank you for this!

I have lot of different brands of ip cameras but not Foscan, and tryed all under Generic IP Camera With Rtsp with no luck gettting to work.

One question: How do we find the right path for "Snapshop URL" and "MJPEG URL" ?

Thank you.

The main stream on my Amcrest camera is H264 1080P and this works well. In order to get the URL's you need to get the manufacturers API documentation, or you could look on the ispyconnect website.
(2016-09-25, 04:26)gottabegeek Wrote: thanks, this is cool.
maybe I missed it, but I have two foscam's and wonder if kodi can record the events video?
I want to be able to save the recordings for later view.

thanks
In my case I use the the app that came with my Amcrest camera and set the recordings to my NAS. Then set Kodi to look at those files.
(2016-09-25, 13:34)eddieaoneill Wrote:

Thank you.

The main stream on my Amcrest camera is H264 1080P and this works well. In order to get the URL's you need to get the manufacturers API documentation, or you could look on the ispyconnect website.

Hello and thank you for that info.
I have managed to Add a ip camera to the Surveillance Room App, and it is working only if i click on the camera itself , if i click on all cameras all have the triangle "!" sign! Why that may not show there too?
(2016-09-25, 15:35)neamtul Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 13:34)eddieaoneill Wrote:

Thank you.

I have managed to Add a ip camera to the Surveillance Room App, and it is working only if i click on the camera itself , if i click on all cameras all have the triangle "!" sign! Why that may not show there too?
You need to configure the Source-All Cameras, either to MJPEG or Snapshot and make sure the URL's are also configured
(2016-09-25, 16:02)eddieaoneill Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 15:35)neamtul Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 13:34)eddieaoneill Wrote: The main stream on my Amcrest camera is H264 1080P and this works well. In order to get the URL's you need to get the manufacturers API documentation, or you could look on the ispyconnect website.

You need to configure the Source-All Cameras, either to MJPEG or Snapshot and make sure the URL's are also configured
Problem is , how do i find the MJPEG url for that? Using a "Huisun" brand ip camera.
At url video stream i have this: rtsp://admin:[email protected]/11
(2016-09-25, 16:11)neamtul Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 16:02)eddieaoneill Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 15:35)neamtul Wrote: Hello and thank you for that info.
Problem is , how do i find the MJPEG url for that? Using a "Huisun" brand ip camera.
I checked on the ispyconnect web site and there is no MJPEG URL for that camera. Sorry can't be of more help, hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will assist.
(2016-09-25, 22:32)eddieaoneill Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 16:11)neamtul Wrote:
(2016-09-25, 16:02)eddieaoneill Wrote: You need to configure the Source-All Cameras, either to MJPEG or Snapshot and make sure the URL's are also configured
I checked on the ispyconnect web site and there is no MJPEG URL for that camera. Sorry can't be of more help, hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will assist.
Thanks.
(2016-09-24, 02:42)eddieaoneill Wrote: Just discovered this addon, excellent work. I have it working with two Amcrest 1080P cameras. Is it possible to have the multi camera mode use H 264 rather than MJPEG ? as the latter quality is not so good. Also I can not get the preview to work, the snap shot url I am using works ok through a web browser.
Any help appreciated.
After a few more tests if I set the multi camera view to snapshot, the results are sporadic, either you get only one camera or none. seems very random.

I also have an amcrest camera, model IP2M-841W. I am able to see the stream using rtsp:\\user: password@IPaddress:port. I can't seem to get mjpeg working however. I looked up the address on ispyconnect but that doesn't seem to work. So I have no preview. Were you able to get this working and if so what mjpeg address did u use?
Finally got mjpeg working for my amcrest IP2M-841W, thought I'd share in case anyone else is spending way to much time searching for the correct URL like I did. The one on ispyconnect didn't work. This is what eventually worked for me -

http://username: password@IPaddress:port/cgi-bin/mjpg/video.cgi?subtype=1

Subtype = 1 is important because on this camera, and I'm sure others, there are 2 streams. The main stream is in H264 and in the camera settings can't be switched to mjpeg. Only the substream has the option in camera settings to switch it to mjpeg. The quality isn't as good but this is the only way I could get it working on this app. Now this camera works in both preview and in all cameras. However I can't select motion detection or sound detection, do these not work with generic IP camsHuh

Thanks to the author, I hope you keep working on this.
Has anyone successfully setup a Tenvis JPT3815W, can get the all cams/quarter screen to work, but not anything else. am using a firestick with kodi 16.1. (so cant or dont know how to access the log)
Have looked at ispyconnect but there are literally hundreds of addresses for this model. Has anyone got a viable address for preview, snapshot and stream that I can use in the generic cam setup?.
All cams work on mjpeg for FoscamSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE got it working completely now.
Generic cam, all settings to MJPEG

MJPEG address set to

http://username:password@ip-address:port/videostream.cgi?user=username&pwd=password

Sent from my SM-A300FU
I have an IPRobot3 and a mini319W. I also use a few old iphones as cameras inside the house. The iphones are extremely easy to setup, but I can't seem to get the preview to work with the 2 Tenvis cameras. The full live feed (When you just open the camera) work fine using the FFMPEG links, but I can't figure out how to get the previews working.

1.) Has anyone had success with these 2? Basically need something to put in the MPEG stream (have tried several including ones from the manufacturer website).

Great plugin either way even if I can't get preview working. It will be sweet to just hit a button and open a camera when I hear something at the door! Smile

2.) I am also looking at grabbing some new cameras and would actually get some of the Foscam ones based on this plugin alone (you should contact Foscam for some proceeds!). Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent doorway camera and possibly a moving camera that works well w/this plugin from Foscam?

Thanks!
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7