• 11(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
(2016-03-14, 08:02)dhavalmp Wrote:
(2016-03-13, 17:25)yocoldrain Wrote: so, it seems its completely blocked from USA. Tried Norway IP but no luck. Dhaval when you say Kodi on Android, are you going through this addon or actual App that works? Also, are you using IP under addon settings? And is it same Kodi version installed everywhere, because this may matter.

- By 'Kodi on Android' I mean using this addon on Kodi installed on my phone.
- Yes I am using Indian IP
- Kodi Jarvis is installed everywhere

very weird that it works on same kodi version, same addon and same stream but not on shield.
I am able to see live cricket on hotstar website on my laptop using India vpn. But the same does not work on Kodi. Do I need to add India IP even if I am running the vpn?

Below is my observation:

Win10 Laptop: Hotstar website plays the match. Confirmed Indian Vpn
Win10 Laptop: Kodi 16.1 RC1, Live match does not work. Confirmed Indian Vpn
Rpi 2: Kodi 16 with openelec 7.0.0. Live match does not work. Confirmed Indian Vpn.

Fyi: I ruled out any vpn issues.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-03-19, 00:32)ace310 Wrote: I am able to see live cricket on hotstar website on my laptop using India vpn. But the same does not work on Kodi. Do I need to add India IP even if I am running the vpn?

Below is my observation:

Win10 Laptop: Hotstar website plays the match. Confirmed Indian Vpn
Win10 Laptop: Kodi 16.1 RC1, Live match does not work. Confirmed Indian Vpn
Rpi 2: Kodi 16 with openelec 7.0.0. Live match does not work. Confirmed Indian Vpn.

Fyi: I ruled out any vpn issues.
No, technically you shouldn't use Indian IP when using VPN. But, I have no experience with VPN so addon is not designed/tested with VPN. is the VPN at router level? try to get me some fiddler logs, it's the best way to tell whats going on.
(2016-03-19, 00:43)yocoldrain Wrote: No, technically you shouldn't use Indian IP when using VPN. But, I have no experience with VPN so addon is not designed/tested with VPN. is the VPN at router level? try to get me some fiddler logs, it's the best way to tell whats going on.

Ok thanks. I will try to get some logs tonight. No VPN is not at router level as my router does not support it. I wish had checked that before buying it Smile.

But it is interesting that it works in browser, but not in kodi on same laptop with same VPN connection.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
(2016-03-19, 00:43)yocoldrain Wrote: No, technically you shouldn't use Indian IP when using VPN. But, I have no experience with VPN so addon is not designed/tested with VPN. is the VPN at router level? try to get me some fiddler logs, it's the best way to tell whats going on.

This is the fiddler Log file from the website with live cricket. Running Indian vpn.
This is the log from kodi 16.1 rc1 running vpn.

Hope this helps
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
(2016-03-19, 13:12)ace310 Wrote:

This is the fiddler Log file from the website with live cricket. Running Indian vpn.
This is the log from kodi 16.1 rc1 running vpn.

Hope this helps

you mind doing actual fiddler export in native format instead of text. It's impossible to tell whats going on i text format. and pm me the .saz location. only capture whatever works on website and don't need kodi logs.
(2016-03-19, 21:54)yocoldrain Wrote: you mind doing actual fiddler export in native format instead of text. It's impossible to tell whats going on i text format. and pm me the .saz location. only capture whatever works on website and don't need kodi logs.

Done.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
I have the same issue with a smart DNS im using - works fine with the website on the computer but will not work on Kodi on an Fire TV. The smart DNS will work for all other plugins but just not this one. Not a big deal as I just wanted to watch a couple games and can achieve that many different ways. Just curious as to what may be the issue?
(2016-03-26, 19:31)cablegoon Wrote: I have the same issue with a smart DNS im using - works fine with the website on the computer but will not work on Kodi on an Fire TV. The smart DNS will work for all other plugins but just not this one. Not a big deal as I just wanted to watch a couple games and can achieve that many different ways. Just curious as to what may be the issue?

thats because addon originally assumed ipaddress under addon settings was needed for everything and its not the case. I've suggested someone a solution for this but never heard back. So, i'll just update the code to not include ipaddress from addon settings if No IP is given, and this may work ( I don't see why it wouldn't ), but I would really appreciate if you respond back if it does work out. i'll post again in few hours.
(2016-03-27, 01:00)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 19:31)cablegoon Wrote: I have the same issue with a smart DNS im using - works fine with the website on the computer but will not work on Kodi on an Fire TV. The smart DNS will work for all other plugins but just not this one. Not a big deal as I just wanted to watch a couple games and can achieve that many different ways. Just curious as to what may be the issue?

thats because addon originally assumed ipaddress under addon settings was needed for everything and its not the case. I've suggested someone a solution for this but never heard back. So, i'll just update the code to not include ipaddress from addon settings if No IP is given, and this may work ( I don't see why it wouldn't ), but I would really appreciate if you respond back if it does work out. i'll post again in few hours.

I have the smart dns setup and issue as mentioned so I'll give you some feedback too after the update. Thanks.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2016-03-27, 01:24)activate Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 01:00)yocoldrain Wrote:

I have the smart dns setup and issue as mentioned so I'll give you some feedback too after the update. Thanks.

I pushed new fix, version 1.0.7 - removes ipaddress dependency and movie collections fix.

can you guys(smart dns and vpn) try now, and verify. Please make sure enable ip is set to false if you're using any DNS solution or VPN or if you're inside India.
(2016-03-27, 02:03)yocoldrain Wrote: can you guys(smart dns and vpn) try now, and verify. Please make sure enable ip is set to false if you're using any DNS solution or VPN or if you're inside India.

Thanks, but I'll only know for sure when there are live streams.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2016-03-27, 02:06)activate Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 02:03)yocoldrain Wrote: can you guys(smart dns and vpn) try now, and verify. Please make sure enable ip is set to false if you're using any DNS solution or VPN or if you're inside India.

Thanks, but I'll only know for sure when there are live streams.

okay thats fine. But if your sports links(highlights) works via smart dns on browser, can you verify that via addon? in fact, if you have smart dns then just verify if Movies works without using indian IP in settings. Technically it should work, but for everyone else(no dns/no vpn) this would fail.
Smart DNS -. Everything works in the browser and everything works via the add-on. Ip address is set off. This is exactly the same as before the update. I'll test the live stream tonight which is the only thing that hasn't worked for me via the add-on.

(2016-03-27, 02:22)activate Wrote: Smart DNS -. Everything works in the browser and everything works via the add-on. Ip address is set off. This is exactly the same as before the update. I'll test the live stream tonight which is the only thing that hasn't worked for me via the add-on.

sweet, looks promising.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4