• 12(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
(2016-03-27, 01:00)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 19:31)cablegoon Wrote: I have the same issue with a smart DNS im using - works fine with the website on the computer but will not work on Kodi on an Fire TV. The smart DNS will work for all other plugins but just not this one. Not a big deal as I just wanted to watch a couple games and can achieve that many different ways. Just curious as to what may be the issue?

thats because addon originally assumed ipaddress under addon settings was needed for everything and its not the case. I've suggested someone a solution for this but never heard back. So, i'll just update the code to not include ipaddress from addon settings if No IP is given, and this may work ( I don't see why it wouldn't ), but I would really appreciate if you respond back if it does work out. i'll post again in few hours.

Sorry @yocoldrain. I got tangled in some personal stuff so couldn't report back. I had tried it though on my laptop it had worked but wanted to make sure on Rpi2 as that was the one giving me issues. Due to time constraints could not.

It's good to hear that all worked out. If you still need to test on something please let me know.

Update: Will report on the live stream today.

Cheers.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-03-27, 02:49)ace310 Wrote: Sorry @yocoldrain. I got tangled in some personal stuff so couldn't report back. I had tried it though on my laptop it had worked but wanted to make sure on Rpi2 as that was the one giving me issues. Due to time constraints could not.

It's good to hear that all worked out. If you still need to test on something please let me know.

Update: Will report on the live stream today.

Cheers.

It works with Indian vpn enabled and IP off for live streaming. I just have a buffer issue of few seconds every minute. Not sure if it is my VPN being slow. I am getting around 10 mbps down which I believe should be enough but don't know if Hotstar requires more than that. The quality is set to 720p.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-03-27, 11:32)ace310 Wrote: It works with Indian vpn enabled and IP off for live streaming. I just have a buffer issue of few seconds every minute. Not sure if it is my VPN being slow. I am getting around 10 mbps down which I believe should be enough but don't know if Hotstar requires more than that. The quality is set to 720p.

Yes exactly the same behaviour here on a Smart DNS. I didn't know if this was an issue with the client or otherwise. Through the website it streams without interruption. I think a log will be useful to troubleshoot.

Correction: I am getting 'No Video links available: IP Issue?' when playing the live wt20 streams.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2016-03-27, 11:56)activate Wrote:
(2016-03-27, 11:32)ace310 Wrote: It works with Indian vpn enabled and IP off for live streaming. I just have a buffer issue of few seconds every minute. Not sure if it is my VPN being slow. I am getting around 10 mbps down which I believe should be enough but don't know if Hotstar requires more than that. The quality is set to 720p.

Yes exactly the same behaviour here on a Smart DNS. I didn't know if this was an issue with the client or otherwise. Through the website it streams without interruption. I think a log will be useful to troubleshoot.

Correction: I am getting 'No Video links available: IP Issue?' when playing the live wt20 streams.

few thing if you can verify. I noted that only starsports is listed under smart dns websites, can you just verify live streaming on hotstar (if you're not doing that already) in browser. Second is are you using Let me choose option for quality? if you are then try any other default quality. we do know it works with vpn, so just probably needs to fine tune for smartdns now.
I run my own DNS server and still can't figure out a way to get it done for hotstar honestly. I have various hotstar/starsports related DNS queries get routed through my custom India IP domain but it has never worked even in browser. In the addon I have tried with an India IP + custom India DNS and without, it has never worked for me.

Edit: http://goo.gl/tTw0Y4 (seems to throw some kind of SSL error, but I do get the same popup as @activate No Links available)
(2016-03-27, 19:04)siuside Wrote: I run my own DNS server and still can't figure out a way to get it done for hotstar honestly. I have various hotstar/starsports related DNS queries get routed through my custom India IP domain but it has never worked even in browser. In the addon I have tried with an India IP + custom India DNS and without, it has never worked for me.

Edit: http://goo.gl/tTw0Y4 (seems to throw some kind of SSL error, but I do get the same popup as @activate No Links available)

no links available comes up because there aren't any links found when m3u8 request is made. I can tell more if you can capture fiddler log. Also, why would you need to do India IP+custom DNS if it's already in India? seems unnecessary.
Chrome developers tools -> Network is an easy replacement for fiddler.

I can see where it detects the akamai URL in the browser but gets blocked due to geo restrictions. In the addon however it doesn't get to that stage.

http://goo.gl/QTpQfp

Also I installed ModifyHeaders chrome extension to spoof X-Forwarded-For to 144.36.100.xx IP range and still got the error. So maybe X-Forwaded-For isn't enough to spoof?
(2016-03-27, 20:10)siuside Wrote: Chrome developers tools -> Network is an easy replacement for fiddler.

I can see where it detects the akamai URL in the browser but gets blocked due to geo restrictions. In the addon however it doesn't get to that stage.

Code:
Request URL:http://sshds25-lh.akamaihd.net/z/delayed/icct20wc2016c_ENGLISHICCT20WC16INDVSAUS27032016_1@381035/manifest.f4m?hdnea=st=1459101701~exp=1459102301~acl=/*~hmac=cfb9628bec194cde57185496d2b4da96e7450b7d42eaae60f39701d85817b312&g=OJJVKFBYIXHQ&hdcore=3.7.0&plugin=aasp-3.7.0.39.44
Request Method:GET
Status Code:403 Forbidden
Remote Address:128.177.164.35:80

in addon, we are not requesting manifest.f4m
Fiddler log is important because it can help see at which point geolocation thinks you're out of country.
I am a bit reluctant to install Fiddler in my Kodi HTPC and that is the only windows box i have in the house. Never tried it in a VM etc. I might just set it up sometime.

Edit; Just turned off custom IP and now I am able to play the cricket videos including highlights from todays matches. Custom DNS is the only thing in effect and I have 4-5 URLs pointing to Indian IP. (www.hotstar.com, account.hotstar.com etc)

Btw on my Macbook it wont load, however is playing fine in the windows browser and addon in HTPC
(2016-03-27, 20:20)siuside Wrote: I am a bit reluctant to install Fiddler in my Kodi HTPC and that is the only windows box i have in the house. Never tried it in a VM etc. I might just set it up sometime.

Edit; Just turned off custom IP and now I am able to play the cricket videos including highlights from todays matches. Custom DNS is the only thing in effect and I have 4-5 URLs pointing to Indian IP. (www.hotstar.com, account.hotstar.com etc)

Btw on my Macbook it wont load, however is playing fine in the windows browser and addon in HTPC

Great! glad to know it worked. when you say macbook, do you mean in browser or kodi or both. you may have to show us how you did custom dns, even if in private.
I meant Chrome browser on my MBP. I do not have Kodi installed in the MBP, it is on a separate Windows HTPC. I am able to play all of the cricket highlights that I tried and couple of other sports. There are very very few parts of the addon (some movies) that still give me a IP error, but I believe I can overcome this once I know if this is going to another akamai vod server.

The real test is probably a live game, so I will have to try it again.
(2016-03-27, 22:22)siuside Wrote: The real test is probably a live game, so I will have to try it again.

Yeah the live streams are different to playing archived content and the wt20 live streams are different again. eg. yesterday the live badminton worked but the wt20 streams failed.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Confirmed that I am noticing the same problem as @activate

Today's match is getting streamed from sshds24-lh.akamaihd.net (yesterday it was sshds25-lh.akamaihd.net). I added it to the DNS list but still got the IP issue error.

The good news is I am able to play it in the browser (and this was before I added sshds24-lh to the whitelist !).

So the solution might just be to use a better Request Header?

This is the full request header when I check in Chrome

Code:
Accept:*/*
Accept-Encoding:gzip, deflate, sdch
Accept-Language:en-US,en;q=0.8
Connection:keep-alive
Cookie:_alid_=/xynQTzFPH3GTO3xoTyuqg==; hdntl=exp=1459258332~acl=%2f*~data=hdntl~hmac=45a3e307d0c0c153bce195a5da8c021ebc9fb8a0b5ee1a5305b023b2d7b99f1c
Host:sshds24-lh.akamaihd.net
If-Modified-Since:Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:08:48 GMT
Referer:http://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/south-africa-vs-sri-lanka/2001491251
User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.87 Safari/537.36
X-Requested-With:ShockwaveFlash/21.0.0.197

The Referer, User-Agent and X-Requested-With are the only ones that seem to be important (these are all defaults in Chrome). I did not have to use any Modified Header like X-Forwarded-For etc

Edit; I located the section in code, so will try this soon.

Edit 2: Could not make it work with the header
Code:
headers = {'Accept':'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8', 'Accept-Encoding':'gzip, deflate, sdch', 'Connection':'keep-alive', 'User-Agent':'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.87 Safari/537.36', 'X-Requested-With':'ShockwaveFlash/21.0.0.197'}

Host and Referer don't seem to be supported.
(2016-03-27, 16:29)yocoldrain Wrote: few thing if you can verify. I noted that only starsports is listed under smart dns websites, can you just verify live streaming on hotstar (if you're not doing that already) in browser. Second is are you using Let me choose option for quality? if you are then try any other default quality. we do know it works with vpn, so just probably needs to fine tune for smartdns now.

Interestingly, I changed the quality from Highest to 720 with IP address set to off, and for the first time streaming a wt20 game worked, albeit with the same one minute buffering interruption that was mentioned earlier. It was the womens one so I need to test it again incase there is a difference. I imagine there are only a handful of t20 games left but the fix may apply to future live games. I have confirmed with dns providers that both starsports and Hotstar are supported because they originate from the same servers.

Hi ...

I am from USA and don't have a INDIA VPN.. so on hotstar I tried using IP's given in this URL bit.ly/1LhsHMX but getting " No video Links IP Issue ?? " what am I missing here Huh? Please Advise....
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4