• 17(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
(2016-06-19, 16:50)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-06-19, 10:20)kapiljain1989 Wrote: none of the tv shows are working for me it says hotstar error.. check log for more details...
some movies are working fine..
Please help me out.

NO, why should we help you out? Do you guys even read/participate in this thread? Moderator, only 2 posts above yours, posted regarding not pasting logs.

Sorry,Its my mistake, I will take care next time. Please find Log at http://pastebin.com/SRuhbR7j.
Please help me out.
version 1.0.9 - pushed fix for tvshows
Hi,
I can't get this addon to work. All I get is 'No Video Links Available - IP Issue?'

Please can anyone help me? I've tried various IP address from that bit.ly link provided inside the Addon and other sites using free proxy IP but nothing works.

http://pastebin.com/twsbrPLn
Updating from my previous post. I've bought an Actual IP address to test this. It still doesn't work on Hotstar Rain...

So I tested this on my laptop and configured my FireFox and Opera Browser with the Indian IP address and PORT (I bought) and both Firefox and Opera play Video's from Hotstar without an issue. So the issue is definately with the App.

I've tested 3 TV series on my Firefox and Opera and all 3 worked fine, with 720p. So It can't be GeoLocation blocked otherwise these shows wouldn't work. Not interested in watching Sports.

I've tried adjusting my Wifi Setting and used the Proxy option but that too doesn't work. BTW using Kodi on Android.

This is one of the errors I got when trying to play one of the files -

Code:
14:38:04 T:1327806696   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hotstar-rain/?mode=9&name=%5BCOLOR+orange%5DIshqbaaaz%5B%2FCOLOR%5D++-+%5BCOLOR+green%5DRudra+Signs+a+Consent+Form%5B%2FCOLOR%5D&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgetcdn.hotstar.com%2FAVS%2Fbesc%3Faction%3DGetCDN%26asJson%3DY%26channel%3DPCTV%26type%3DVOD%26id%3D1000101623&image=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia0-starag.startv.in%2Fr1%2Fthumbs%2FPCTV%2F23%2F1000101623%2FPCTV-1000101623-vl.jpg

Please advise.

Thanks
(2016-07-10, 15:29)desibuoy Wrote: Updating from my previous post. I've bought an Actual IP address to test this. It still doesn't work on Hotstar Rain...

So I tested this on my laptop and configured my FireFox and Opera Browser with the Indian IP address and PORT (I bought) and both Firefox and Opera play Video's from Hotstar without an issue. So the issue is definately with the App.

I've tested 3 TV series on my Firefox and Opera and all 3 worked fine, with 720p. So It can't be GeoLocation blocked otherwise these shows wouldn't work. Not interested in watching Sports.

I've tried adjusting my Wifi Setting and used the Proxy option but that too doesn't work. BTW using Kodi on Android.

This is one of the errors I got when trying to play one of the files -

Code:
14:38:04 T:1327806696   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hotstar-rain/?mode=9&name=%5BCOLOR+orange%5DIshqbaaaz%5B%2FCOLOR%5D++-+%5BCOLOR+green%5DRudra+Signs+a+Consent+Form%5B%2FCOLOR%5D&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgetcdn.hotstar.com%2FAVS%2Fbesc%3Faction%3DGetCDN%26asJson%3DY%26channel%3DPCTV%26type%3DVOD%26id%3D1000101623&image=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia0-starag.startv.in%2Fr1%2Fthumbs%2FPCTV%2F23%2F1000101623%2FPCTV-1000101623-vl.jpg

Please advise.

Thanks

so it doesn't work for me if I only use indian ip address under settings (so its geo blocked). If I use VPN then same video works. So if you have VPN then make sure you don't use indian IP address under settings and keep the quality as highest ( I didn't care to try for other qualities).
(2016-07-10, 19:03)yocoldrain Wrote: so it doesn't work for me if I only use indian ip address under settings (so its geo blocked). If I use VPN then same video works. So if you have VPN then make sure you don't use indian IP address under settings and keep the quality as highest ( I didn't care to try for other qualities).

I don't have VPN. All I have is an Indian IP and Port. The Hotstar site works for me on my laptop using nothing but the IP address and the Port. So why won't Hotstar work on my Android?

Can you not fix it so that IP and Port also work?

I've never used VPN, is it Free? or can I use my Indian IP and set it up on VPN?

Don't know how to set up on Android too...

Come on man Smile
(2016-07-10, 19:13)desibuoy Wrote:
(2016-07-10, 19:03)yocoldrain Wrote: so it doesn't work for me if I only use indian ip address under settings (so its geo blocked). If I use VPN then same video works. So if you have VPN then make sure you don't use indian IP address under settings and keep the quality as highest ( I didn't care to try for other qualities).

I don't have VPN. All I have is an Indian IP and Port. The Hotstar site works for me on my laptop using nothing but the IP address and the Port. So why won't Hotstar work on my Android?

Can you not fix it so that IP and Port also work?

I've never used VPN, is it Free? or can I use my Indian IP and set it up on VPN?

Don't know how to set up on Android too...

Come on man Smile

you are talking like its in my hand to handle this geoblock issue. anyways PM me your ip:port that you use and i'll see if thats the case, and not sure why you need to use port, also your location.

edit: you probably won't be able to PM me due to post count. email me, its listed under addon info.
Hi,

Sorry. I was just stumped why it would work on a Laptop using the website but not the App.

Let me try one more thing like you said about the VPN.
IF I use VPN, I think I get like 50GB bandwith just for the Indian IP, so If I use another Addon or Youtube then my bandwith will count so that is what I'm trying to stop.

just a thought is your App making HTTP requests? would that Fix it?

I'll try VPN and come back to you.
Hi,

I just checked further and setting up VPN didn't work. I did more checks and spoke to the proxy provider and it is infact HTTP. I went to Hotstar.com on my android and it worked. So this is because I went to a HTTP connection.

So your App uses another method?

I couldn't find your email under Addon Info Sad sorry.
Hi yocoldrain. The app does not have all the new episodes of savdhaan india. the website has its listing correctly. Is there something I should do from my end? Much appreciated.
(2015-10-08, 03:00)yocoldrain Wrote: New Addition, Added Highest[1080p if avaialble for video] and "Let me Choose"(720p or lower) user selection.

Make note that choosing Highest option MAY take longer to fetch videos. 720p is recommended. 1080p is only helpful if you're sitting 10 feet away or more from your device and device actually has 1080p. Otherwise you wont notice a thing.

My addon does not work i get a ip issue. Do i need to pay for Indian VPN for a "FREE" addon. Also your ditto rain does not load live channels for me, it says "Oops channel not available".

EDIT: Hotstar works perfectly got zenvpn (they provide indian vpn for free) and it worked with the addon and on hotstar website. But my ditto is still not loading live channels and says "channel not available".
(2016-07-16, 11:05)navigates Wrote: Hi yocoldrain. The app does not have all the new episodes of savdhaan india. the website has its listing correctly. Is there something I should do from my end? Much appreciated.

they are screwing up the order of seasons. latest episodes if you try to load on website will show its part of season 51, and I can confirm under addon that it shows there.
(2016-07-17, 01:57)onyahundo Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 03:00)yocoldrain Wrote: New Addition, Added Highest[1080p if avaialble for video] and "Let me Choose"(720p or lower) user selection.

Make note that choosing Highest option MAY take longer to fetch videos. 720p is recommended. 1080p is only helpful if you're sitting 10 feet away or more from your device and device actually has 1080p. Otherwise you wont notice a thing.

My addon does not work i get a ip issue. Do i need to pay for Indian VPN for a "FREE" addon. Also your ditto rain does not load live channels for me, it says "Oops channel not available".

EDIT: Hotstar works perfectly got zenvpn (they provide indian vpn for free) and it worked with the addon and on hotstar website. But my ditto is still not loading live channels and says "channel not available".

Addon is limited(some videos will work, and most under tv shows won't work) if you are outside of India. To get most videos to work, you'll need VPN (not sure if proxies work, one user above you had issues but no one else reported anything because they simply don't care, unless its an issue for them.) I'm not going to discuss Ditto here, and even for that your answer is in Addon's Original Post.
(2016-07-17, 18:36)yocoldrain Wrote:
(2016-07-16, 11:05)navigates Wrote: Hi yocoldrain. The app does not have all the new episodes of savdhaan india. the website has its listing correctly. Is there something I should do from my end? Much appreciated.

they are screwing up the order of seasons. latest episodes if you try to load on website will show its part of season 51, and I can confirm under addon that it shows there.

You are right. We love the addon. its a perfect addon after a long time. I use it with a combination of india vpn through astrill. need vpn for the us / uk and then india for this on ddwrt. super smooth. 1080p and not a single buffer. thank you for making this. wish the shows from sony existed.
(2016-07-23, 08:06)navigates Wrote:
(2016-07-17, 18:36)yocoldrain Wrote:

You are right. We love the addon. its a perfect addon after a long time. I use it with a combination of india vpn through astrill. need vpn for the us / uk and then india for this on ddwrt. super smooth. 1080p and not a single buffer. thank you for making this. wish the shows from sony existed.
sony is possible(well atleast till 2 weeks ago, last time I checked), if someone donates proxy for use.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4