• 29(current)
Release Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports
Hello everyone,
Can anyone tell me what is going on hereHuh
(2018-03-07, 12:40)marathiunlimited Wrote: Hello everyone,
Can anyone tell me what is going on hereHuh
 Bhangra!
@gujal
I used the zippy share link, its working,  is it blacklisted link to use? I'm sorry if my question amateur, I'm new to this.. Thanks
also, Can someone please tell me how to install hotstar add on for kodi 16.1 in firestick.
(2018-03-14, 05:25)imnewhere Wrote: @gujal
I used the zippy share link, its working,  is it blacklisted link to use? I'm sorry if my question amateur, I'm new to this.. Thanks
 The zippyshare link was only temporary until the change was released by @yocoldrain 
Now that he has released it, you should be using his release
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/YoColdRain/Hotstar-Rain/master/plugin.video.hotstar-rain-1.0.15.zip
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2018-03-15, 00:15)gujal Wrote: he has released it, you should be using his release
Code:

Thank youSmile
Is there any way for free users to filter out the premium content?
@Eye in the sky , it can be added.  But, depending on your location SOME premium content works even for Free user and thats the only reason I decided to leave it there.  You just have to try and see if it works.
Hi,
First of all thanks for creating this addon, I enjoyed watching the programs on this addon but from last weekend (01-06-2018) I am not able to play the videos. It give error message saying IP ISSUE.
I tried to use different ip but does not help.
Does anybody also facing similar issue?
Can you please look at this?
Thanks,
Hi,

I have added hotstar addon.

But unable to play videos. I get the below error. Can you please help me to fix this issue ?

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Venkatesh.Basi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.hotstar-rain\default.py", line 767, in <module>
                                                get_video_url()
                                              File "C:\Users\Venkatesh.Basi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.hotstar-rain\default.py", line 542, in get_video_url
                                                html = json.loads(data)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
                                                raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
                                            ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
08:35:58.839 T:8172   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.hotstar-rain/?mode=9&name=%5BB%5D%5BCOLOR+orange%5DMirchi+Malini%5B%2FCOLOR%5D%5B%2FB%5D&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgetcdn.hotstar.com%2FAVS%2Fbesc%3Faction%3DGetCDN%26asJson%3DY%26channel%3DPCTV%26type%3DVOD%26id%3D1000210996&image=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia0-starag.startv.in%2Fr1%2Fthumbs%2FPCTV%2F96%2F1000210996%2FPCTV-1000210996-vl.jpg]
08:38:10.796 T:4404   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
08:38:10.811 T:11960   ERROR: Previous line repeats 3 times.
08:38:10.812 T:11960 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://sources/image/
08:38:57.671 T:9888 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 6
It doesn't work any more for new videos since last a couple of weeks which use a different URL format. Also some the shows that are free blocking even if an indian IP is specified. Hope someone can fix the code the handle the first condition at least. @yocoldrain  @gujal
Some of the new shows are now restricted to Indian IP, so would need VPN similar to SPorts and English Programs on Hotstar. Cannot work around it.
Let me know which show and I can confirm if it would work without VPN
Kodi 21 Windows 10 and 11 | 21 Xbox One X | 21 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2018-06-23, 05:16)gujal Wrote: Some of the new shows are now restricted to Indian IP, so would need VPN similar to SPorts and English Programs on Hotstar. Cannot work around it.
Let me know which show and I can confirm if it would work without VPN

Star Vijay neeya naana most recent episodes. I know they work in browser with x-forward header set to Indian ip. But the URL format changed, breaking the add-on. Thanks for looking in to it.
(2018-06-09, 01:17)venkatesh.basi Wrote: But unable to play videos. I get the below error.
Was there anything unclear about the red and bold Do not post logs in the forum. Use https: // paste.ubuntu.com/ or similar remark just above the "Post Reply" button?
It is there for a reason. Thanks in advance.
(2018-06-23, 06:24)milli Wrote: Star Vijay neeya naana most recent episodes. I know they work in browser with x-forward header set to Indian ip. But the URL format changed, breaking the add-on. Thanks for looking in to it. 
As I said, the new episodes are using a different streaming server which expects Indian IP.
Neeya Nana last season episodes stream from this server and work fine
Code:
https://staragvod3-vh.akamaihd.net/i/videos/vijay/nntamil/527/1000107349_,180,400,800,1300,2000,3000,4500,_STAR.mp4.csmil/master.m3u8

However the latest episodes stream from this server and refuse to work even with X-Forwarded-For header set
Code:
https://hsdesinova.akamaized.net/video/vijay_hd/neeya_naana/610/master.m3u8
The reply header has this in the reply, notice the geo-blocked message. Are you sure the latest episodes work for you in the browser?
Code:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: AkamaiGHost
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 347
Expires: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 23:01:08 GMT
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 23:01:08 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Akamai-Mon-Iucid-Del: 642857
X-ErrorType: geo-blocked
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Access-Control-Max-Age: 86400
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true
Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Server,range,hdntl,hdnts
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: origin,range,hdntl,hdnts
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: GET,POST,OPTIONS
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hotstar-Rain Indian movies/tv shows/sports4