Feature Requests for Unity
Hello
i would like to request one feature
possible to show the movie time bar when you do a "bump/foward" on the movie?
I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't the progress bar show when you are fast forwarding?
@Bumpaneer Custom background in the Skin-Settings should affect (replace) the right pane image in the System Settings.
(2017-03-02, 20:53)Bumpaneer Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't the progress bar show when you are fast forwarding?

this is not a problem using a mouse but when using a control remote you can press "UP" to jump movie section like each 10 minutes or something.
When you do this on confluence the progression bar appears automatically, so you can notice where you are in the movie.
For example, when you stop a movie at some time and it is a fast way to return, instead of using fast forward.
Feature request:

As The TvTunes addon is no longer in The official repo it would be Great if unity could play allready existing themes. Either from a folder structure or from a moviename-theme.mp3 format.
(2017-03-05, 12:08)ultimat3pro Wrote: @Bumpaneer Custom background in the Skin-Settings should affect (replace) the right pane image in the System Settings.

Should be set now:
https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.unity/...815954175a

This will appear in the next release.

(2017-03-05, 13:01)sotokai Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 20:53)Bumpaneer Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean. Doesn't the progress bar show when you are fast forwarding?

this is not a problem using a mouse but when using a control remote you can press "UP" to jump movie section like each 10 minutes or something.
When you do this on confluence the progression bar appears automatically, so you can notice where you are in the movie.
For example, when you stop a movie at some time and it is a fast way to return, instead of using fast forward.

I will take a look. I have a feeling I may have recently introduced this behavior with some other changes I've made.

(2017-03-05, 17:19)Roger79 Wrote: Feature request:

As The TvTunes addon is no longer in The official repo it would be Great if unity could play allready existing themes. Either from a folder structure or from a moviename-theme.mp3 format.

It looks like someone may be coming out with an addon to do exactly this. If the addon gets released I can add support in Unity.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2520813
(2017-03-05, 17:37)Bumpaneer Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 12:08)ultimat3pro Wrote: @Bumpaneer Custom background in the Skin-Settings should affect (replace) the right pane image in the System Settings.

Should be set now:
https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.unity/...815954175a

This will appear in the next release.

Awesome! Thanks. I am a bit unfamiliar with the release schedule. Can I get bit more info on that?
(2017-03-05, 18:24)ultimat3pro Wrote: Awesome! Thanks. I am a bit unfamiliar with the release schedule. Can I get bit more info on that?

Nothing so formal as a schedule. Big Grin I try and release any major changes to my test repo first, in case there is something I broke that needs to be fixed before hitting the Kodi repo. Once I'm reasonably sure the skin is stable, I'll push the changes to the Kodi skin repo. This is usually every few months or so, but can be more or less frequent depending on my free time.

Bumpaneer's Repo v1.0.4 - Download Link
(2017-03-05, 18:40)Bumpaneer Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 18:24)ultimat3pro Wrote: Awesome! Thanks. I am a bit unfamiliar with the release schedule. Can I get bit more info on that?

Nothing so formal as a schedule. Big Grin I try and release any major changes to my test repo first, in case there is something I broke that needs to be fixed before hitting the Kodi repo. Once I'm reasonably sure the skin is stable, I'll push the changes to the Kodi skin repo. This is usually every few months or so, but can be more or less frequent depending on my free time.

Bumpaneer's Repo v1.0.4 - Download Link

Alright. Thanks again.
Great, beautiful skin, congratulations!

So I'll make some suggestions that I personally would love to have available in Unity skin:

- vertical menu option
- personalised home window addon menu shortcuts, the chance to add anything in there and not only addon shortcuts
. and still about that, the option to display more than the available five spots. Infinite items would be the best to have, if not possible maybe 20 ou 30 or something alike
- the option to use submenu as a widget
- the option to use only icons in home window main menu bar, so no scrolling would be needed

Thank you very much and keep up with the good work!
At this point I have no plans for a vertical menu, though I will keep that on the back burner.

I would like to transition the addon menu shortcuts over to using the same interface as the widgets currently do, so hopefully that will allow the flexibility you need for those items. No ETA on this one as it could take a bit.

I like the idea of submenu as a widget, and it turns out it wasn't too hard to implement.
https://github.com/bumpaneer/skin.unity/...2076252a19

No plans for an icon only menu.
Thank you so much for you attention and your work!

An icon only menu is great for people like me that hate the scrolling menu Confluence style. Since the first time I ever used it on my old Xbox that I've found it to be illogical and annoying, I keep on wishing that all the menus where just there on the screen for me to easily and immediately choose from and not be wasting time scrolling around to the sides.
it's just a personal thing of course, everybody has their own preferences. I know that lots of people love the scrolling menu.

Already tested your submenu as a widget and it works great. It's really useful since it allows the user to add to a submenu whatever he or she wants and then it can all become available as widgets.

Let me had a couple more of personal suggestions that I believe could bring value:

- Home window menu having the option to show or hide menus (couldn't find it, could only find the option (x button) to delete the menu entry)
- Display the video quality, audio quality/number of audio channels, audio language and subtitles language in OSD during video playback

Once again I thank you very much for everything.
I will look into showing or hiding menus. For that you want them to still be configured, just not visible?

OSD information is already coded and will be in the next release.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2524047
(2017-03-09, 04:33)Bumpaneer Wrote: I will look into showing or hiding menus. For that you want them to still be configured, just not visible?
Yes, that would be it. Something similar to the default menus in Confluence, which you can choose for them not to be displayed in home window but yet they exist and are ready to use at anytime. I.e.: the option not to show the weather menu in home screen, the option not to not show the picture menu in home screen and so on.

(2017-03-09, 04:33)Bumpaneer Wrote: OSD information is already coded and will be in the next release.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2524047
Wow, that really looks amazing and it's extremely useful! Congrats!

Thank you once again for everything.
Hi,

Thanks for this amazing skin, been using it since the upgrade to Krypton, and I love everything about it except one tiny detail: I use subtitles to watch (impaired hearing) and the OSD always covers them if I try to do anything but watch (especially while trying to FF). While I understand you can't fit the skin to everybody's convenience I wonder if there's a way (like editing certain valus in certain files) to move the OSD somewhere else (to the top or, slimmed down on the bottom) or make it transparent enough?

I know this is a very specific use case but thanks for the skin, it's gorgeous Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests for Unity0