What python games do you want for XBMC?
Question 
I was thinking about the all-classics games are apaering on XBMC and i decided to make this post to make a list of game able to be phyton-ported ;-) Here are my two coins:

Break-Out (i will allways defend the original, Steve Wozniak name over Arkanoid)

and when we get multicontroller support...

Tron

I will be allways a big child... :p
haha that would be awesome to get those both. Also, pong might be cool, you could even do two player, even though its pretty similar to break-out.
You give people 3 games and they start getting ideas in their head Smile

Currently input from different controllers is not differentiated which rules out multiplayer. Donno is considering looking into that though.
Asteroids.

Frogger.

Pac man?
Hi.

I probably will do a Breakout version for xbmc.
At the moment I'm doing my A-Levels and I have do write a *dont know how to say* (some kind of homework) that will make about 40% of my final note.
I thougt "Coding a game" would be a good project for it. Smile
But this will take a wile and I can't start before August.
Asteron, when people make her own original games for XBMC, then you can talk about ideas Wink By the way (i don't know anything of phyton, i has only repaired a Blender-to-OpenGL phyton script to work with the latest Blender version), what about make a XGDK?

gergtreble Wrote:Pac man?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=pacman Big Grin

P.D.: XGDK = Xbmc Games Developer Kit, with the most common routins for make games on phyton Big Grin Something similar to the future XBMC Widgets platform but oriented to games Wink
hi
Someone asked me for a "buzzer" functionnality...
You know when you play a "society game" (don't know the english word), kind of game which require an electronic thing to decide which one push the button first.

I know it is not a game but it is a nice idea for "desk gamers".
It shouldn't be hard to do, but I really don't have time for it, maybe a beginner coder could do that !
solexalex Wrote:hi
Someone asked me for a "buzzer" functionnality...
You know when you play a "society game" (don't know the english word), kind of game which require an electronic thing to decide which one push the button first.

I know it is not a game but it is a nice idea for "desk gamers".
It shouldn't be hard to do, but I really don't have time for it, maybe a beginner coder could do that !

Doable, but again, the multi controller support would need to be added first
Maybe if you have everyone agree beforehand to push a different button like A B X Y Smile
Asteron Wrote:Maybe if you have everyone agree beforehand to push a different button like A B X Y Smile

It's an starting point... "Buzz for XBMC", with languaje support, question add-ons... and "easy" to develop (it's not more than a little database, maybe a text file with the diferents questions and answers). Asteron: THIS is an original idea Wink
hé hé
I already started such a script
but it is a huge work for me as we need internet database for questions and python script to handle player answers
I thought about a multiplayer based game, a server has to receive players that want to play and start a game as soon as all needed players are waiting (nintendo DS style)
I started my python interface for 3 players. A question is shown, then 4 possibly answers. Then a 10 seconds timer starts waiting for player action. As a player push its button, the player has 5 seconds to push the correct answer. If the answer is ok, the answer is shown and an explanation can be displayed. Then a new turn can start.
This is what my pre-alpha-test-for-myself version can do.
The question is just a test question setted in the core script, but a friend developped a set of php files with a sql database to store questions.
The interest of the database is that we need a million questions and it is quite impossible for only one coder to make the php script, the python script and fill the database.
My idea was to develop a server with many different user accreditations. Super admin : the server admin
admin : a special guest, can do evertyhting but no access to the php server
super contibutors : can fill the database and those ones are known to be good in their language and with good questions/answers. They can approve other users submitted questions
simple contributors : can just fill the database with questions. Then questions must be approve by super contributors

Ok I'm sure you see what I mean. Many users has to participate, and I'm not sure it would be easy to find so many people interested in filling the database

Another idea would be to ask one of those many website that propose quizz games. They may want to share the project has it can be multiplateforme. and so we can work hand in the hand together.

the internet multiplayer function is another Idea in my mind but I don't have any clue on how to synchronise every players together...
Local quizz games just get a question with answers and explanation, then one player = on key ; 3 players for a great xbox quizz game
Some friends of mine developed sometime ago HackTrivial, a Trivial-like game with hacktivism, technology and similar content game. The people aded questions that they know and later it was used on the KasLab Days. You could ask them about give it to you since all are GNU entusiast. On the other hand, at first i didn't believe at on-line game but as you describe it should work if your local XBox has the time control. This would allow cheats changing the script code, but at least it could allow real-time multi-player game Big Grin

P.D.: Please... let this topic only as a list of games and use others for the develop (i asking for no OffTopics... definitely i'm getting old :p)
List of (possible) games at this moment:

Break-Out (Arkanoid)
Light-Cycles (Tron)
Pong
Asteroids
Frogger
Pacman
Buzzer (Trivial)
(New) Gun-Man (using joystick to move visor)
(New) Galaga (aka "Space Invaders with Steroids" Big Grin )
(New) XBill (of course...)
(New) Missile-Command (Yes! Yes! Yes!)

Any more? Wink
"demineur" I don't know the english word for it... Sad
the game you push squares, and a number display how many bombs are around your shot !
It should be VERY easy Smile
hey ! I remember ! A french guy from Quebec (French Canada) made a bandimancho game (jackpot) I have to find it out and to post it !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What python games do you want for XBMC?1