YouTube share always plays the first video shared
If you share a YouTube video to kore it will work great, but if you share another video it will play the first video again. You have to end kore before you can share another YouTube video.
If a video is currently playing and you share another, it should queue the second one. Isn't that what you're getting? What steps are you taking?
That doesn't appear to be what's happening.

Step 1: Share youtube video 1.
Step 2: Watch youtube video 1 for some time and press stop.
Step 3: Share youtube video 2.
Step 4: Watch in awe as youtube video 1 plays instead.
Step 5: swipe away Kore on phone.
Step 6: Share youtube video 2 again.
Step 7: watch youtube video 2.
Are you using the latest version from the Play Store?
I just did what you describe and it worked like it should. As long as you stop video 1, and share video 2 while no video is playing, it starts video 2. If video 1 is still playing it queues video 2.
I'm running kore 1.5.0

I just tested again to make sure I'm not crazy. I even tried stopping the video with kore, but it still just played the initial shared video. It does properly queue up the new video if there is one currently playing.
What shows up on the playlist (left most screen on Kore)?
On my phone it's the rightmost screen, but it shows "nothing playing" until the video starts, then it has an entry called "play" "unknown" with the length of the youtube video. After pressing stop it shows "nothing playing" again. after I switch to youtube and share a second video it does the same with the first video again. If I share a second video while the first is playing it adds an entry that is identical to the first entry, even though the videos are not the same length.

Additionally, while I was testing this I noticed that if I switched to kore without sharing anything after the first video was shared it would start playing the first video again as if I had shared it. Again the only way to stop this happening is to swipe away kore and start it up fresh.
I was thinking today that maybe your test device isn't suspending Kore when you switch to the youtube app. If that's the case it would work as expected since it would be starting fresh every time you share a video just like when I swipe away the app to close it. I know on my Nexus 7 it doesn't leave many apps suspended because it has very limited RAM.

I'm not very familiar with android app development, but is there a flag you could set that would prevent the OS from suspending it when switching apps? Maybe it could be an option in the settings.

Just spit-balling.

Thanks.
(2015-11-08, 04:24)metheos Wrote: Additionally, while I was testing this I noticed that if I switched to kore without sharing anything after the first video was shared it would start playing the first video again as if I had shared it. Again the only way to stop this happening is to swipe away kore and start it up fresh.

That's a know issue, and will change in a newer version.

What i find odd is the sharing. If you share one video, don't stop it, then share a second one, the playlist shows 2 identical entries? And if you wait till the end of the first video, does the second one starts and is the correct one? And what appears on the playlist?

This has nothing to do with memory. The playlist is managed on Kodi's side, not on Kore's
Yes the entries appear identical, but it does start playing the correct video IF i close the app in between adding them, otherwise it is still the first video. I also noticed when I was testing this that whenever I rotated my device and the orientation changed it would add the first video to the playlist again.

It sounds like my original issue is related to the known issue where it keep sharing the original video whenever I switch to the app even if I had shared a different one.
Next version might solve that. Wait till you get it and them report back.
Updated to 2.0.0

The behavior has changed in this version. I can share a video from youtube, but if I try to share another one it does not get sent. If the first video is playing it does not add it to playlist. If there is nothing playing nothing happens.

Again, the only way to get a second video to play is to swipe away kore to close it so that the next share happens with a fresh instance.
(2015-12-24, 04:46)metheos Wrote: Updated to 2.0.0

The behavior has changed in this version. I can share a video from youtube, but if I try to share another one it does not get sent. If the first video is playing it does not add it to playlist. If there is nothing playing nothing happens.

Again, the only way to get a second video to play is to swipe away kore to close it so that the next share happens with a fresh instance.

I have exactly the same problem. I add a video from YT on my Android phone, it starts playing fine. I want to add a new video file, then it doesn't do anything, not added to the que, nothing. If the first video stops, then I can't add any new video to play, I need to close Kore, then I can add a new video, but again, only one. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround for this? It just makes Kore's play to Kodi function quite unusable, which is very shame. Any beta I could try?
This issue still present. If I want to share the second video nothing happens...in order to play the second video I have to exit from Kore in my phone.

Any ideas?
i have the same problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube share always plays the first video shared0