• 23(current)
Beta Youtube Library
script.module.youtube.dl: youtube_dl core version: 2019.08.13

UnicodeEncodeError:
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2014' in position 45: ordinal not in range(128)

https://paste.kodi.tv/omuwebesuh.kodi

I believe the author from this addon is MIA? Too bad, I really like the addon. But it starts to get outdated and could use some love. It probably needs to be converted to Python3 / updated to properly use Unicode?

https://docs.python.org/2.7/howto/unicod...icode-type.
I kind of gave up on it due to non-support.  IIRC there were a number of issues with it not handling unicode correctly.  Also Python 3 is coming for Kodi 19, but hasn't been merged into the master branch yet.

scott s.
Too bad Sad

Can you recommend an alternative?
(2019-09-21, 09:38)didi82 Wrote: Too bad Sad

Can you recommend an alternative?

i'm working on something similar, currently only "tv shows" are supported
Good to hear! If I can test something, please let me know!
(2020-01-13, 12:12)didi82 Wrote: Good to hear! If I can test something, please let me know!
i'll keep you updated  Smile
Is there an updated version of the installation guide?

When I visit The Official Website, I get a download of sleuteltjes.addons-0.1.0.zip which is not the plugin itself.

Or shall I go to the Github site and download the .zip from there?
(2020-02-10, 09:54)csvke Wrote: Is there an updated version of the installation guide?

When I visit The Official Website, I get a download of sleuteltjes.addons-0.1.0.zip which is not the plugin itself.

Or shall I go to the Github site and download the .zip from there?
Probably best to download master branch from github.

scott s.
That is almost certainly his repo. If you install that (using install from zip on the downloaded zip file) then his repo should appear under "Install from repo", from which the addon itself can be installed.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Its Dead cant get it working at all
I just noticed this fork on github, with the latest commit in 2019, titled "fully working". Sounds promising.

Will test it later.

https://github.com/muldy/plugin.video.yo...67b942dbf7

And another fork with got some work, also worth a try :

https://github.com/tofof/plugin.video.yo...its/master
restarted the project form the ground... should have something out by the end of the next week, i started it as a standalone project so i still need to convert it to a plugin (also need to see if there's a way to somehow import the api key directly from  the youtube addon so you don't have to input it twise
EDIT: it looks like they fixed the YouTube addon so you no longer need to generate your own API keys to play videos, so this would not help anyways...
)
I gave up on this as "too hard" but if you get it working it would be nice.  But I did an update to script.extendedinfo and just used a setting to enter the youtube api key (that app will search youtube with an actor or mv artist/album name search).  I don't see it as that big a deal for a user.  Extendedinfo with my change will use the youtube addon to play a selected video.

scott s.
SITREP:
pyhton part is ready and steady, now working on the addon part...having too much fun, might not sleep tonight...
EDIT: 2020/5/25 Update 2
Fixed invalid structure. (actually i didn't, no idea what's causing it but zips downloaded directly from github seems to work...)
I'll keep working on this aiming to get a working alpha out for tomorrow, just don't expect it to be perfect...

EDIT: 2020/5/25
Had to work through weekends so haven't had much progress.
Currently having problems with addon installation failing due to an "invalid structure", no idea what's causing it, but i'm sure i'll figure it out once i get enough coffee into my system. 

can add shows to kodi but ran into some issues, for some reason it keeps crashing when opening a season... (logfile is not being particularly helpful)

• 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3