• 13(current)
Release Phenomenal Skin
Hi Tomer
just updated to ver. 3.0.0

GREAT JOB as usual.

Best Skin Yet by far !!

i've noticed a new set-back

i have a NAS connected to my network with 2500 movied approximately.

lately, the FanArt view teake a very long time to show the selected movie picture or cover.
it used to work very fast and now it sometimes takes a full minute for a movie fanart to appear in the Movies library.

when I switch back to Confluent skin the library shows Movie covers and fanart almost immediatly..
best skin so far. One request is the ability to cycle extrafanart in library. I have loads of extrafanart and like it cycling in my library views. i have tried changing the cycle time in the skin settings but only seems to effect the main menu fanarts. i second keeping the widgets instead of reloading each time you move menu items as slower devices take a while to load. lastly as if you dont have enough to do i would love some additional views, next up service, and use of the great art kodi offers like clearart.

Thanks for your great work.

edit: forgot to add trakt rating doesnt seem to be working. When i watch a show it doesnt give me the popup to rate it which in turn doesnt mark it as watched. also once i use this skin, set it up, go to another skin, and try to come back to this one it changes to phenomenal for a breif second but no dialog to keep and reverts immediately to whatever skin i was using. May be my setup (using apollo 7 build and then reskining for my taste) but none the less thought i should mention.
(2016-04-06, 08:22)sabofer Wrote: Hi Tomer
just updated to ver. 3.0.0

GREAT JOB as usual.

Best Skin Yet by far !!

i've noticed a new set-back

i have a NAS connected to my network with 2500 movied approximately.

lately, the FanArt view teake a very long time to show the selected movie picture or cover.
it used to work very fast and now it sometimes takes a full minute for a movie fanart to appear in the Movies library.

when I switch back to Confluent skin the library shows Movie covers and fanart almost immediatly..

sounds weird to me, I can't remember any special change I did in this view, especially between 2.8.0 to 3.0.0, I focused on changing the dialogs and widgets..
before I'm going to dive into this, you should make some major testing, that points that the problem is 100% in the skin, because I have no clue what it can be...
some suggestions:
first take a backup of your setup. then:
try with another pc, with clean install of kodi - the fanart loads faster?
try with other skins in the same pc, Titan, or aeon for example
try to completely clean your thumbnails folder and the textures database file, and restart kodi.
is it only in "fanart" view? what about poster\thumbs\ icons?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
(2016-04-06, 09:04)kisersoze Wrote: best skin so far. One request is the ability to cycle extrafanart in library. I have loads of extrafanart and like it cycling in my library views. i have tried changing the cycle time in the skin settings but only seems to effect the main menu fanarts. i second keeping the widgets instead of reloading each time you move menu items as slower devices take a while to load. lastly as if you dont have enough to do i would love some additional views, next up service, and use of the great art kodi offers like clearart.

Thanks for your great work.

edit: forgot to add trakt rating doesnt seem to be working. When i watch a show it doesnt give me the popup to rate it which in turn doesnt mark it as watched. also once i use this skin, set it up, go to another skin, and try to come back to this one it changes to phenomenal for a breif second but no dialog to keep and reverts immediately to whatever skin i was using. May be my setup (using apollo 7 build and then reskining for my taste) but none the less thought i should mention.

I will look into the extrafanart request.

about trakt - i'm using it all the time, it's working in my end, try to check the addon settings.... try with another skin.. let me know what you found.

about the problem when moving between skins, I'm familiar with it, It causing because your moving from a skin that doesn't completely ready for Jarvis, and has some error in his fonts settings... try to go back into Confluence, then reset kodi, and move to phenomenal again. I can't point the problem exactly, But I almost sure that it's coming from the "other skin" and not from mine.
@Alanon,
now in github:
* Option to select "None" Icon in Vertical Menus - http://i.imgur.com/llQmnD5.jpg
* Bigger Thumbnails in Thumb views - http://i.imgur.com/KWG3jD6.jpg
Would it be possible to add a language option where the year,rating and duration are?
(2016-04-06, 21:03)Synopis Wrote: Would it be possible to add a language option where the year,rating and duration are?

where exactly, in which view? please be more specific.
(2016-04-06, 21:07)tomer953 Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 21:03)Synopis Wrote: Would it be possible to add a language option where the year,rating and duration are?

where exactly, in which view? please be more specific.

Episode list for tv shows. Movies already has the option. I'm using Fan Art view for both movies and tv shows
http://i.imgur.com/4jLGshI.png
Hi Tomer,
I love your skin! I'm a newbie so please excuse me if I have a question that may seem silly to you.
I installed your skin just a few days ago from the kody repository but my version is 1.6.1 and I see on this forum that you guys are already at version 3.0. how do I get the new version? I don't see any options to update and in the lists of skins in Kod it doesn't give me an option to choose the version.
I have kodi on a Amazon fire tv.
thank you!
(2016-04-07, 00:30)Mommigiggi Wrote: Hi Tomer,
I love your skin! I'm a newbie so please excuse me if I have a question that may seem silly to you.
I installed your skin just a few days ago from the kody repository but my version is 1.6.1 and I see on this forum that you guys are already at version 3.0. how do I get the new version? I don't see any options to update and in the lists of skins in Kod it doesn't give me an option to choose the version.
thank you!
The version you installed is the stable version, the versions you hear mentioned are the development builds and you can find it by going onto tomers github that is in their signature, or here. Just click on download zip and install the zip like you would any other addon. Be warned that this is a work in progress and while usually pretty reliable it can have problems.
(2016-04-06, 21:00)tomer953 Wrote: @Alanon,
now in github:
* Option to select "None" Icon in Vertical Menus - http://i.imgur.com/llQmnD5.jpg
Just a couple of points, I just updated the skin to the latest available on github. Firstly I was looking for the option to turn off the icons and couldn't find it, it wasn't until I looked at your picture that I realised that you turn have to turn each icon off individually when you edit the menu's.Just thought id mention that since it wasn't clear when you mentioned it. The second is a bug in the vertical menu, When in RTL mode both forced and language dependent their is text in the middle of the screen showing the options for that menu such as icon and background and so on. Just to test i saved my skins settings and then reset it to default and it was still there.
(2016-04-07, 01:22)jasonjkay Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 00:30)Mommigiggi Wrote: Hi Tomer,
thank you!
The version you installed is the stable version, the versions you hear mentioned are the development builds and you can find it by going onto tomers github that is in their signature, or here. Just click on download zip and install the zip like you would any other addon. Be warned that this is a work in progress and while usually pretty reliable it can have problems.

No, not true.
version 1.6.1 is the latest version for Kodi 15.
version 3.0.0 is in the offical repo already for Kodi 16.

DO NOT install any version after 1.6.1 on Kodi 15, it just won't fit.
and, DO NOT install the zip from github directly from Kodi - it will install the addon in "-master" folder, which will cause you to duplicate addons, and multiple instances and dozen of bugs. I mentioned it in this thread before.
(2016-04-07, 03:36)jasonjkay Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 21:00)tomer953 Wrote: @Alanon,
now in github:
Just a couple of points, I just updated the skin to the latest available on github. Firstly I was looking for the option to turn off the icons and couldn't find it, it wasn't until I looked at your picture that I realised that you turn have to turn each icon off individually when you edit the menu's.Just thought id mention that since it wasn't clear when you mentioned it. The second is a bug in the vertical menu, When in RTL mode both forced and language dependent their is text in the middle of the screen showing the options for that menu such as icon and background and so on. Just to test i saved my skins settings and then reset it to default and it was still there.

I removed the debug text, it's for testing purpose and I forgot to remove it before sending to github, thx.
(2016-04-07, 07:05)tomer953 Wrote: No, not true.

and, DO NOT install the zip from github directly from Kodi - it will install the addon in "-master" folder, which will cause you to duplicate addons, and multiple instances and dozen of bugs. I mentioned it in this thread before.
oops, sorry, I was just trying to be helpful, I didnt realise it was bad to install the zip from the repository and true enough when I checked I had two folders one with master. I didn't realise that you had updated the version in the repo yet, anyway I think I will stick to the repo for now but if i did need to install the version from github do I have to copy over the files from there to my phenomenal folder? or will it work if I rename the zip to get rid of -master?
(2016-04-07, 13:48)jasonjkay Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 07:05)tomer953 Wrote: No, not true.

oops, sorry, I was just trying to be helpful, I didnt realise it was bad to install the zip from the repository and true enough when I checked I had two folders one with master. I didn't realise that you had updated the version in the repo yet, anyway I think I will stick to the repo for now but if i did need to install the version from github do I have to copy over the files from there to my phenomenal folder? or will it work if I rename the zip to get rid of -master?

renaming the zip won't help you, cause the folder inside the zip is the one that counts.
if you are using winrar, you can rename the folder inside the zip, without extracting it. (just double click on the zip, rename the folder, and then exit).
after the folder name were changed - you can install form kodi.
Personally, I just replace all the files (drag and drop from the zip folder to the current skin folder).
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Phenomenal Skin12