• 4(current)
Release reFocus 3.x for Jarvis
<Snip> Talking nonsense!
If no subtitles are found (from opensubtitles), no notification is shown about it.
Hopefully this gets fixed in the coming versions.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2015-12-31, 08:13)Jeroen Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 15:17)kaiseruk Wrote: Jeroen, i apologise in advance since this is out of scope of refocus 3.0!

For some like me who hasn't a clue unfortunately regarding skin options, how would I would add this to your skin (i.e. pvr reminder).

https://github.com/b-jesch/service.kn.switchtimer
Should be easy to add upon quick look. Let me look into it when I get back.
If you need some help let me know. I'm the author of this service. Meanwhile this is implemented in several skins which are mainly skins of the german kodinerds forum.
Jeroen, any idea if 3.* would work on a @Milhouse Openelec build of Krypton?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Jeroen, I have modified your variables.xml file to include $INFO[ListItem.mpaa, • ] after $INFO[ListItem.Year]$INFO[ListItem.Duration, • , $LOCALIZE[31701]]$INFO[ListItem.Genre, • ] in your media:info variable, because I like to see the certification of the movie.

I have done this for movies and TV show/Episode.

Since this little mod isn't too intrusive, would you consider it for your official release?
Jeroen, hope you have had a nice holiday.

I have a suggestion for your skin which you are welcome to throw out if you don't feel you like it. Big Grin

I spotted (in another skin) a view showing posters contained within a set, without going into the set. It can be handy to see them without going in, and your current view has a big blank space for them.

I have done a mock-up for your perusal.

So this:

Could become this:

Or with more movies:

I also added a bit to the text showing the dates covered by the set, the number of movies, and how many remain unwatched.

It's your skin of course, so feel free to say you don't like it! Big Grin Maybe you like the idea but not my layout, that's cool too.
Episodes Watchlist widget doesn't seem to work correctly. It isn't updating when a file completes, or when new content is added.

The Watchlist itself is updating as I can see new episodes in it (currently the widget is showing 3 episodes (one of which is watched already), while the Watchlist itself is showing 6 episodes), a restart will correct it, but not something you want to do every time an episode completes. With this behaviour it is no possible to watch episodes sequentially using the widget.
If anybody is interested I have done some backgrounds for the home screen:

You can find them here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257287
I have ReFocus 3.01/Kodi 16rc1 on Windows10. I cannot get the weather backgrounds to work. BTW, I can not get any of my backgrounds to show up on the homescreen.
And, how to get to "actors" so I can get the extended info screen to work?. Love that pic of ScarJo...

Thanks for all of your time and effort!
(2016-01-26, 00:39)thewarm Wrote: I have ReFocus 3.01/Kodi 16rc1 on Windows10. I cannot get the weather backgrounds to work. BTW, I can not get any of my backgrounds to show up on the homescreen.
And, how to get to "actors" so I can get the extended info screen to work?. Love that pic of ScarJo...

Thanks for all of your time and effort!
Hi, thewarm

Since Jeroen is still away, I'll try to help you with a few things and see if we can get you setup.

1. Weather backgrounds

If you go into the weather section and pull out the side menu you will see a 'Use weather fanart' option. If you check it, it will give you the option to select a fanart pack. If you don't have any fanart packs, you can select 'get more' and you will be sent to the repo to download some. You can also get them directly through the 'look and feel' section of the repo. Once you have them downloaded you should be able to select them.

2. Any backgrounds

These can added two ways, and only one is guaranteed to work. If you go to the home menu/system/customize home menu then it doesn't always refresh the home screen with your changes. The best way is to go to home menu/skin settings/homescreen - 'Use custom backgrounds'. This will bring up the same 'customize main menu' box, but it will refresh the shortcuts after you click ok. So from the 'Customize Main Menu' box, select each menu button type you want to have a background for, move over to the right and select 'Select background' and choose your image (I keep mine in the Pictures folder for easy access). Do the same for all the rest, click OK, and your home menu should refresh its shortcuts and put in the images. Note that backgrounds will not show on some buttons if you have 'Always show widgets' enabled, as widgets will override the background on any button where they are installed.

3. Actors extended info

I don't think this works yet. I mentioned it not working on my setup before Christmas and Jereon said it should be working but he would look into it. I haven't heard from Jeroen since, but he is probably getting some well deserved rest.

I hope some of that helps you. Smile
Thank you

1. I had to manage/uninstall the weather pack before it would install... possible bug?
2. Got my custom backgrounds to work. there are a lot of ways to kill this accidentally...
3. I am really looking forward to seeing Scarlett.

I just discovered that if I use the "Trending TV Shows" widget, I can hit the info button and get Extended Info to work! Maybe this will help getting this add-on to work in the Movie/TV views...This seems to work in the "Upcoming Movies" widget also. (I saw Scarlett)

again, many thanks
I'm yet to install this new Jarvis version, so don't really know what features have been removed or added - but is the horizontal home screen menu option still present? I have got really used to this now. Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks.
Yes, horizontal is still in there. I doubt it will ever be removed.
I discovered a major problem (a simple fix, I hope). Install and Uninstall are reversed when you go to add-on "manage". That's why I couldn't get the weather backgrounds at first. I had to "uninstall" them!
I also found that by (un)installing the extended info script open dialog add-on I can get extended info to work normally.
(2016-01-26, 20:21)thewarm Wrote: I discovered a major problem (a simple fix, I hope). Install and Uninstall are reversed when you go to add-on "manage". That's why I couldn't get the weather backgrounds at first. I had to "uninstall" them!

Thats mentioned in posts 36, 37 and Jeroen replied to the issue in post 39.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 3.x for Jarvis2