Multiple HDHomerun boxes
Hi, just started playing with this. I appreciate your efforts, and it's looking nice already.

I have two HDHomerun Prime boxes - for a total of 6 tuners. Since I have the two boxes, each channel is listed in Kodi twice - obviously one for each box. Is there a way to merge these so that Kodi will only show the channel once for an unlimited number of boxes, then upon playback use the first available tuner from the tuner pool spread across all the boxes?

I already have the "Remove Duplicates" option enabled in the addon settings - that doesn't appear to be what the setting is for.
You can manually create strm files for each channel... In order to have first available between both boxes each strm would require two links... Later I'll post example strm and links.

You can probably use a hdhomerun strm tool, but you'll still have to manually added the second device link.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
An example would be cool, thanks.

But if there's not already a way built in, I'll re-word this as a feature request to include.
(2015-11-30, 19:43)puithove Wrote: An example would be cool, thanks.

But if there's not already a way built in, I'll re-word this as a feature request to include.

This feature can be implemented fairly easily. If user switches to a channel, the addon checks which link is available (multiple tuners) and returns it to Kodi tp play. (This is what an strm file would do anyway with multiple link it).

Unfortunately I do not have multiple tuners, so I wrote the code blindly, without checking if the "remove duplicate" works Smile
(2015-11-30, 21:44)zcsizmadia Wrote: Unfortunately I do not have multiple tuners, so I wrote the code blindly, without checking if the "remove duplicate" works Smile
Suggest you get another tuner by either contacting SiliconDust and ask for one as sponsorship or request that team Kodi donate one to you.

I think forum rules states that you must otherwise get permission to ask for donations directly from Kodi users here on this forums.

Possible workaround might be to ask for donations on SilionDust own forum for HDHomeRun as they might not have such forum policies.

Anyway, I think that it would be in everyones interest for you to have multiple HDHomeRun tuners, it benifits Kodi users and SiliconDust.
Ok, so I'm not sure I understand correctly - the "Remove Duplicates" is intended to do what I'm asking? It doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

Is there any logging from my end that could help you see what you'd need to fix it? I'm happy to play around with different things and provide logs if needed.
(2015-12-01, 22:56)puithove Wrote: Ok, so I'm not sure I understand correctly - the "Remove Duplicates" is intended to do what I'm asking? It doesn't seem to make a difference for me.

Is there any logging from my end that could help you see what you'd need to fix it? I'm happy to play around with different things and provide logs if needed.

@zcsizmadia is referring to his HDHR PVR plugin, he is indicating that it should parse all available devices on your network and combine duplicates.

PseudoTV Live handles HDHR in the same way...

If both options do not work for you, creating strms and using iptvsimple pvr works, I've used this configuration in the past.
(2015-12-01, 13:26)RockerC Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 21:44)zcsizmadia Wrote: Unfortunately I do not have multiple tuners, so I wrote the code blindly, without checking if the "remove duplicate" works Smile
Suggest you get another tuner by either contacting SiliconDust and ask for one as sponsorship or request that team Kodi donate one to you.

I think forum rules states that you must otherwise get permission to ask for donations directly from Kodi users here on this forums.

Possible workaround might be to ask for donations on SilionDust own forum for HDHomeRun as they might not have such forum policies.

Anyway, I think that it would be in everyones interest for you to have multiple HDHomeRun tuners, it benifits Kodi users and SiliconDust.

I don't see why you would physically need two devices to merge and duplicate a working list from the first tuner...
I can confirm that the 'Remove duplicates' function does not work with the latest git. I have a CONNECT and an EXTEND and it shows duplicate channels regardless of whether that box is checked or not.
I can also confirm that with two HDHomerun Primes, I get duplicate channels (I assume one for each tuner). So, we are looking for a feature or way to show each channel once and when tuning a channel, have it grab that channel on either tuner (whichever one is available).
(2015-12-01, 23:28)Lunatixz Wrote: If both options do not work for you, creating strms and using iptvsimple pvr works, I've used this configuration in the past. 
Would this also be a way to get an old HDHR-US box (one that is not supported by HDHomeRun_PVR) to work? I'm a noob, so I know nothing about "creating strms" and "using iptvsimple pvr". Besides, this was written over 4 years ago, things usually change.

Could you please tell me if configuring this would be possible and if there is some set of (hopefully somewhat recent and somewhat complete) instructions somewhere for how to do it? I appreciate any hints!
Using 3 prime boxes, (PVR & LiveTV) Group Manager- Create new group than add channels. 

Here's my PVR Clients now that I no longer record. Just doing live TV!

PVR Demo Client & PVR HDHomeRun Client

If your TV/cable provider offers music channels (FiOS/Frontier-Music Choice). In Kodi video-addons use HDHomerun Simple PVR, because PVR Clients cause buffering. Add your selected channels to "Favorites".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple HDHomerun boxes0