• 5(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
thx, popcornmix.
On my Windows10-64bit kodi sucks - no Problem - all works fine.
on Android arm i must take a Klick to the first *ifo file - all works.

Milhouse agree with you - he have the same Problems with DVD menu.
(2015-12-09, 18:47)doldi Wrote: On my Windows10-64bit kodi sucks - no Problem - all works fine.
on Android arm i must take a Klick to the first *ifo file - all works.

Are you testing these with nightly/master builds?
The issue only occurs with videoplayer that has been in these builds for a while, and were merged into master a few days ago.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/

...that's my source for AndroidArm and Windows32

Yes, i do these on all my machines ;-)

I've switch in RPi2 all variations with omx/mmal player - the best for me is to aktivate both in the system settings on #1001 (acceleration).
(2015-12-09, 19:52)doldi Wrote: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/

Actually I think nightlies are currently using the Jarvis branch rather than master, so no videoplayer.
(2015-12-09, 20:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-09, 19:52)doldi Wrote: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/

Actually I think nightlies are currently using the Jarvis branch rather than master, so no videoplayer.

correct because we rather have nightly users still on Jarvis
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
rofl - nightly user? sorry - i'm german :-) [ funny ]
...think nightly build user - correct? :-)

Martijn, you have right - all are Jarvis builds.
But the only good build for me was Kodi16.0alpha4 #1001 also Jarvis? After them with broken videoplayer?

What can i personally do in order to fix this problem
...think nothing. correct?
(2015-12-08, 22:46)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 22:34)Ollo Wrote: I'm not sure where I should start testing? Should I go back to OE 6.0 builds?

I'd suggest adding your comment here on the HiFiBerry Digi forum as apparently you're not alone, so at least it's not your hardware that is at fault. Smile

It should at least be working with OpenELEC 6.0 as this is a supported option, so you could pester HiFiBerry for better support - after all, they sold you the hardware.

If a fix materialises (I don't know if it's a Kodi issue, or a HiFiBerry kernel issue), then chances are you'll see it here first.

Dear Milhouse,

I'm back again with sad news from Daniel of the Hifiberry Team.

"HI,
unfortunately none of our team knows the internals of Kodi and therefore nobody can debug this. We know from many people that are using Kodi for DTS and Dolby Digital playback. However, if the Kodi developers can't say what might be the problem, we can't help either. The application decides what data to send to the Digi+ board." (see here).

This means I'm stucked now but at least I can say it might have never worked on my environment as I tried some further official builds.
and in all of them DD5.1 is not working.

I will keep trying and post some news if the behaviour changes.

By the way do you know a possibility switching HDMI and ALSA passtrough using some remote commands like JSON-RPC? This would allow me using HDMI with DD5.1 and ALSA with DTS. Big Grin

Ollo
New OpenELEC K* build #1209: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.0 #1 Wed Dec 9 21:02:52 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151209210201-#1209-gc5875ae [Build #1209]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001713.066: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c5875ae6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (077a14a1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix PVR ghost timers
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Fix ghost timers in epg window. (PR:8535, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix Custom Music Node/Playlist Rule Based Queries (PR:8519, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • don't use cached results for dir checks (PR:8531, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [depends] - fixed, depends tar-native under 10.11 osx create an un-re… (PR:8499, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] bump to Python 2.7.10 (PR:8491, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [osx] - fixed compilation of testsuite (PR:8542, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalcodec] Fail to open when width is invalid. Can happen with mpegts files (40795497)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [gitignore] VideoPlayer artifacts (0a91f8b3)
      • squash: Release lock when waiting for buffer (98a29b94)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just updated from 1204 to 1209. I've had to disable deinterlacing completely. When it is enabled, I get a lot of frame skipping. Hopefully that can be easily reproduced without the need for log files. If not, I can turn on debug logging and provide them.
Which build did the problem start? Could be 1205, 1206, 1207, 1208 or 1209.

A debug log never does any harm.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Wondering if it is the mmal rendering buffering change?

Edit: Seems to be. 1207 is ok and 1208 and 1209 skip frames when any deinterlacing is enabled.
@popcornmix the problem with DivX files (lots of skipped frames, barely watchable) starts in #1208. Tested multiple files, so I guess you should be able to reproduce with a random one, but I can provide a sample if needed.
The deinterlacing problem mainly on mpeg2. Heavy 1080/59i unwatchable with mmal decoding and mmal adv. Omx still good.
Hi,

i still have a problem, when switching back to 2D. To see what exactly happens i uploaded a video:

Video

When starting the video it switches correctly, if i stop the video it changes to 2D and back to 3D immediately Confused

Debug logfile: http://www.xbmclogs.com/p3zy6vcyy

Big Thanks to the Team!
Edddsch
(2015-12-09, 18:29)popcornmix Wrote: I've had a look and Avengers DVD hangs for me in menus. I've tried on x86 Ubuntu with master build of kodi and it hangs in the same way there, so not a Pi specific or Milhouse specific issue.
I've reported it to Fernetmenta.

Fernetmenta has produced a patch which has fixed most DVD menus.
There still seems to be another issue, but tonight's build will hopefully show an improvement.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6