• 7(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-11, 15:51)zaphod24 Wrote: Question... Does this "Use the sdhost MMC controller by default" mean that I can do something different in config.txt now if I want an overclock on the SD card? Currently I have:

dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=84

You were already using the sdhost controller, so the change to default won't affect you.
You need to keep that line in config.txt for the sdcard overclock.
(2015-12-11, 15:56)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 15:51)zaphod24 Wrote: Question... Does this "Use the sdhost MMC controller by default" mean that I can do something different in config.txt now if I want an overclock on the SD card? Currently I have:

dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=84

You were already using the sdhost controller, so the change to default won't affect you.
You need to keep that line in config.txt for the sdcard overclock.

Thanks man! I figured that was the case. Glad to see sdhost become the default as it has been working great for months now. Thanks again for the fix in last night's build. It could be placebo but I swear ff and rw are much quicker when watching live and recorded TV.
(2015-12-11, 16:15)zaphod24 Wrote: Thanks man! I figured that was the case. Glad to see sdhost become the default as it has been working great for months now. Thanks again for the fix in last night's build. It could be placebo but I swear ff and rw are much quicker when watching live and recorded TV.

It is possible. Previously with the larger amount of buffering in decoder, when ff/rew triggers a new seek (which occurs regularly with ff/rew) there will likely be a number of frames that need to be flushed/discarded. The new scheme should have fewer frames queued up which may make it more responsive.
(2015-12-11, 09:11)MONSTA Wrote: Much much better, thanx, but still not perfect Smile
video for test https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_XmyO...sp=sharing

Just to confirm were you happy with the behaviour with this file in early builds before the lower latency buffering? e.g. #1207 and before?
(2015-12-11, 08:34)doldi Wrote: Iso are playable, but "ChapterOrBigStepBack" is buffering longer time, but works (not so fine).

I've had a look. Chapter forward/back produces a buffering message briefly and seeking takes less than a second.
Behaviour is pretty similar on Pi or Ubuntu. Testing with Avengers NTSC folder structure.

How long does the buffering take for you? Is it different for chapter forward/backward?
Hi popcornmiy,
early in the morning i have kake this test with "zappa plays zappa" (pal) iso. [8,5 GB / with DD5.1 and DTS Sound]

chapter forward makes his job in one second.
chapter backwards needs ca 4 -6 seconds with buffering. [DTS5.1)

DVD folder (pal) strukture works perfect with chapter forward/backward.

Tested on RPi2 with hifiberryDAC+
Sound make no problem.
(2015-12-11, 16:39)popcornmix Wrote: Just to confirm were you happy with the behaviour with this file in early builds before the lower latency buffering? e.g. #1207 and before?

No idea Smile. This video I tried a long time ago. But vc1i now playing much better than ever, so I think mpeg2i too.
It plays fine with omx. Then I thought it be useful to improve mmal Smile
Lastest test build working good, but there is a buffering issue that infinite showing video frames lagged and no audio.
(2015-12-11, 18:21)parcel Wrote: Lastest test build working good, but there is a buffering issue that infinite showing video frames lagged and no audio.

Can't do anything with a report like this. Will need a debug log and/or a sample file with instructions to reproduce the issue.
(2015-12-11, 17:51)MONSTA Wrote: It plays fine with omx. Then I thought it be useful to improve mmal Smile

Sure - problematic files are always welcome.
It's useful to know if there has been a regression, as that is usually an easier fix (find the commit that caused the regression and work out what the problem is).
If it's always been a problem then it's often a bigger job to work out where it's going wrong.
Hello, today i have tested the new Version. I come from Openelec 6.0.0 The first think what i have see is, that i have by my AVR no DTS logo. instead i have the PCM logo.
I think, there is no Passtrough in the Version #1210. Because, i can change the channels in Audio Settings, and this settings are set.
Is that an error in Openelec?
(2015-12-11, 17:02)doldi Wrote: Hi popcornmiy,
early in the morning i have kake this test with "zappa plays zappa" (pal) iso. [8,5 GB / with DD5.1 and DTS Sound]

chapter forward makes his job in one second.
chapter backwards needs ca 4 -6 seconds with buffering. [DTS5.1)

After Tests on TV with my second RPi2 over HDMI i canceling this statement.
...have a little Prob with my SD card, sorry.

ISO File, also DVD works for me after use a fresh SD card in the first RPi2 with hifiberry DAC+
... something wrong by me ;-)

Excuse me!
(2015-12-11, 20:50)Mister XY Wrote: Hello, today i have tested the new Version. I come from Openelec 6.0.0 The first think what i have see is, that i have by my AVR no DTS logo. instead i have the PCM logo.
I think, there is no Passtrough in the Version #1210. Because, i can change the channels in Audio Settings, and this settings are set.
Is that an error in Openelec?

Passthrough is disabled if you have "Sync playback to display" enabled.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I dont see spdif again. Soundcard works, i hear sounds of interface when selected pulse audio server. Latest build.
(2015-12-11, 20:59)doldi Wrote: After Tests on TV with my second RPi2 over HDMI i canceling this statement.
...have a little Prob with my SD card, sorry.

ISO File, also DVD works for me after use a fresh SD card in the first RPi2 with hifiberry DAC+
... something wrong by me ;-)

Excuse me!

No problem. I did check and with both dvd iso and folder structure I got the same delay when skipping forwards or backwards a chapter (less than a second).
Good to hear the problem has gone for you.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6